Terms And Conditions
Date: as at May 18, 2022
These DIGICEL ROAM EASY BUNDLES Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to you and govern your use of the Digicel Caribbean and International Roaming Services (“Digicel Roaming Services”) available as a part of the Digicel Roam Easy Bundle packages. These bundled offerings provide all Digicel customers travelling to and from the Caribbean and internationally, on the Eligible prepaid and postpaid plans listed below, to do so utilizing allocated data and specialized rates for outgoing and incoming calls. You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully before registering and subscribing to access these Digicel Roaming Services.
“We” or “us” means Digicel Suriname N.V. a company registered under the laws of Suriname and the registered office of which is at Henck Arronstraat 27-29, Paramaribo.
“You” means the person accessing or benefitting from the use of the Digicel Roam Easy Bundles (and “your” shall have the same meaning).
You will be taken to have accepted these Terms as soon as you commence use of the Digicel Roaming Services.
By accessing or using the Digicel Roam Easy Bundles, whether occasionally, frequently or permanently, or by otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and amendments thereof.
Digicel reserves the right to revise these Terms at its discretion and/or terminate, suspend in while of in part any Digicel Roam Easy Bundles without prior notice.
If you do not agree to or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using this Digicel Roam Easy Bundles immediately.
1. The Digicel Roam Easy Bundles are comprised of the following:
a. The Digicel Roam Easy International Bundle (Pre-paid);
b. The Digicel Roam Easy Caribbean Bundle (Pre-paid);
c. The Digicel Roam Easy International Bundle (Post-paid);
d. The Digicel Roam Easy Caribbean Bundle (Post-paid).
2. All Bundle offerings include three (3) day, seven (7) day fourteen (14) day subscriptions.
3. Subject to your activation of the Bundles via the MyDigicel App, any Digicel website and/or activation by entering the required code, Digicel will enable roaming *100#. Once activated your subscription commences and the Bundle charges will apply accordingly.
4. To activate the Digicel Roam Easy Bundles, you will need
a. Be on a Eligible plan as defined below; and
b. GPRS Service
5. Your device will be unable to use data overseas without an external internet connection (e.g. Wifi) unless you have purchased a Digicel Roam Easy Bundle.
6. Bundles can be purchased either before you leave Suriname or once you reach your overseas destination.
7. You can activate multiple Bundles at any one time but the last activated one will be active.
8. Bundles cannot be transferred.
9. Once purchased, you must start using your Bundle within the subscription period. Once you have completed activation and received the text notification confirming same, your Bundle shall last for the specified number of days of that particular subscription e.g. 3 days, 7 days or 14 days, and will expire on the last day of the valid subscription at the time of the activation.
10. Any use that does not occur within the subscription period will be lost.
11. In order to be eligible for these Bundles, you must be an active Digicel customer.
The following customers are excluded:
a. Postpaid Corporate & Business account customers;
b. Employees/families of employees, employees of affiliates companies associated with this promotion;
c. Home & Entertainment only customers;
d. Postpaid customers with overdue amounts;
e. Persons under the age of 18 years;
f. CUG Customers.
12. Digicel Easy Roam Bundles are to be used for personal and non-commercial purposes only.
13. In flight and maritime data use (subject to connection availability of Roaming partner)
14. Digicel shall not provide any refund for Digicel Easy Roam Bundles regardless of any usage or expiry.
Additional Terms and Conditions
1. Where an eligible customer Bundle subscription has expired, any and all further use of the Digicel Roaming Services will not be possible.
2. You can always check your balance at any time on the MyDigicel App.
3. Where the eligible customer does not have an existing data subscription/plan you will need to purchase the relevant data plan for the additional use described.
4. You understand and agree that there may be delays in Digicel receiving notice from external carriers for charges to be billed to you. This does not affect Digicel’s right to charge you or receive payment from you.
5. You accept that, if you port your number or if the number used for the subscription is found to no longer be a Digicel number, your subscription will be immediately terminated.
6. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you remain bound by any other terms and conditions of use for any of our other services including but not limited to the terms and conditions for Digicel’s Prepaid and Post-paid mobile telephone and data services, the Terms and Conditions of each Digital Service and the Terms and Conditions of the MyDigicel App.
7. Please note that this subscription is not a “Chargeable Event” as defined in Digicel’s Prepaid terms and conditions. This means that if you are a prepaid Customer and do not make or receive any calls using the Digicel number used for the Content for 120 days or more, you may lose your number.
8. This product is offered for your personal use and not for commercial use.
9. You acknowledge that service outside of Suriname is provided by external carriers and is subject to those carrier’s terms and conditions.
10. You are solely responsible for all associated fees and costs incurred by you for connectivity and data usage in relation to your use of the Digicel Roaming Services not included in the Digicel Roam Easy Bundle. Be reminded that once roaming, you will not be able to use any data from your local prepaid or select postpaid Content.
11. Liability: As roaming involves services provided by networks other than Digicel you agree that we will not be responsible for the way in which any external carrier provides or fails to provide any service (including disconnection, lack of coverage or the performance of that carrier’s network).
Digicel’s right to make changes
12. We reserve the right to terminate this offer if, in our sole opinion, the Content are being abused, such abuse to include but not be limited to reselling or attempts to resell the content, whether on a commercial basis or otherwise, general abuse deemed as an attempt to undermine the integrity of our services.
13. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily), this plan being offered to you at our discretion.
14. We reserve the right to, at any time, with or without notice, vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this Service. In the event of us giving notice to you of any such changes to or cancellation of the Service, it shall suffice for us to give you notice via messages to your handset/device or to post such notification on the Digicel website or the Digicel Roaming Services. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
15. You accept that certain content on the Digicel Roaming Services may not be available in your country or in your preferred language due to contractual licensing restrictions. Please note that content available in your current location may become unavailable to you if you travel to another location in which content is restricted.
Data Protection and Governing Law
17. These terms are governed by Suriname law and you can bring legal proceedings in the Suriname courts.
18. For customer support, or to report a problem or send us your feedback, please contact us through the customer support chat feature on the MyDigicel Application or visit the “Contact Us” option on the Digicel Roaming Services.