MOBILE MARKETING MESSAGES AND YOU
- In accordance with s.18 of the Telecommunications Act Digicel is required not to disclose your confidential, personal and proprietary information to any third party without your consent.
- The type of personal information we may collect could include, for example, your name and postal address, date of birth, gender, contact information and other data collected on registration or through surveys. If you choose to provide us with personal information it will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you.
- Mobile marketing messages put you instantly in the know of important information that affects you. Whether they general public service announcements or the first scoop on great deals and bargains on goods and services throughout the BVI - these messages arrive directly to your inbox. However, should you prefer not to receive these messages, you may opt-out of the service.
- You may opt out of receiving mobile marketing messages by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at #100 or +1-284-300-3444. Please remember to include your mobile number in all messages. We will cease sending mobile marketing messages to you within 3 days of receiving your instructions to opt-out of the service and this will continue indefinitely until you opt-in to the service.
- Please note that you may NOT opt-out of receiving the following types of messages:
- Messages containing information in relation to your account with Digicel e.g. notices as to your credit balances;
- Public announcements on national emergencies and disaster management measures e.g. messages from DDM;
- Messages relating to national security e.g. messages from RVIPF;
- Public service announcements (e.g. related Electricity & Water service).
- If you continue to receive mobile marketing messages after this 3-day period or if you wish us to address any other matter in relation to your receipt of mobile marketing messages, you may submit a complaint to us by calling us at #100 or +1-284-300-3444 or by visiting our dedicated Customer Care Centre and customer service representatives at our flagship stores in Road Town, Tortola and Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda. Complaints may also be submitted via our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter social media sites.