14. What happens if I use all of the data allowance in my bundle?
If you activate for example the 500MB 7 day Value Plan, and you use your entire 500MB data allowance web browsing or streaming after 2 days, you will still have FREE access to social media for the duration of the 7 days. If you would like to continue web browsing you will be charged $0.20/MB until the end of the 7 days.
15. Can I activate a new plan before the end of my plan duration?
Yes, you can upgrade to a new plan or add additional data to your current plan.
16. What will happens if I click on a video link or a link to an external site while using Facebook, Instagram or Twitter?
Upon attempting to browse any links or sites outside of the listed social networking applications, (eg. Youtube, http browsing, peer 2 peer, etc.) the customer will be able to browse providing they have data allocation remaining in their plan. If the plan data allocation is used, the customer will be prompted that if they continue they will be charged $0.20/MB.
17. How can a customer stop 4G per MB charges at $0.20/MB once they have used all of their plan allocation?
Customers will have the option to extend the plan by adding more data, or upgrading to a new plan.
18. What if a customer does not have sufficient credit on their account, will they be able to activate a data plan?
No, customers need to top up and purchase an adequate amount of credit before a plan can be activated. Once a customer has sufficient credit on their account they will be able to activate a plan of their choice.
19. Will the data plans be automatically renewed?
The 1 day and 7 day plans will be automatically renewed upon expiry of the customer’s plan, providing that adequate credit is available. Customers will be informed when the plan will auto renew and be offered the option to opt-out.
In addition to the obligation listed herein, the Customer shall:
- Abide by all these terms and conditions of use of the Data Plans as outlined herein;
- Comply with laws and regulations governing the Digicel network and the Social Pl;
- Utilize the Data Plan for personal use only and not for commercial and/or business purposes;
- Immediately report and confirm in writing, loss, theft, damage of the handset and/or SIM Card preventing your use of the Data Plan;
Conditions of Use:
The Customer understands that the Data Plan is subject to availability, proper functioning and operation of the social networking applications over which Digicel has no control and as such the Customer will not hold Digicel liable in any way for the unavailability or reduced quality of the data plan due to the social networking applications malfunctioning or being unavailable or not operational for any reason whatsoever.
Digicel hereby reserves the right to discontinue any application or restrict any functionality of an application offered on the data plans, should the application introduce a number based VOIP service.
Subject to the above, standard Prepaid terms and conditions apply.
To the extent permitted by law, Digicel reserves the right to amend, terminate or unilaterally change any of the above terms and conditions subject to notifying customers of such amendments or termination. Such notification may be by way of text message, advertisement in the national media and/or our website. If the Service under the usual terms and conditions is used after notice of the amendment, then the amendment shall be deemed accepted.