Check your device to ensure it can work on Digicel’s 700 MHz - Band 17. Not sure how to find your phone’s frequencies?
First, get your device ID number (IMEI), by dialing *#06# on your phone. Then click here to use our LTE Device checker
You can also view your phone information (usually found in ‘Settings’) for the model number or do a Google search to get the correct frequency settings for that model.
- Customers with these devices should adjust their data settings to ensure “LTE” is available on their handsets. Because the service is backward compatible, their handsets will automatically revert to 4G in areas where there is no LTE coverage.
- To adjust data speed settings on your 4G LTE compatible handset: Android OS
- Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> select “LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)”
- Apple iOS
- Settings à Cellular ->Cellular Data -> Cellular Data Options -> Voice & Data -> select “LTE”
- Blackberry OS
- Settings -> Mobile network -> Data Services -> Network Mode ->select “LTE & 4G/ 3G & 2G”
After you have determined that device will work with the Digicel LTE frequency, you may need to upgrade to a USIM in order to receive the signal on your device. To check SIM compatibility, please visit your nearest Digicel store