This is a service that personalizes the audio that your callers hear before a call is answered-replacing the traditional ‘ring-ring” music tones.
2. How does caller ringback tones work?
When you receive a call, the network determines that you have a ringback tone scheduled and this will be heard by your friend until you answer the call or the call is diverted to voicemail.
3. Are Ring Back Tones different from ringtone?
Yes, ringback tones are different from ringtones. A ringtone is what you hear from your phone when someone calls you. A ringback tone is what your caller hears when they call your phone.
4. Is the phone model important when the Caller Ring Back Tones are activated?
No, the ringback tones service is a network function and is not dependent on the phone model.
5. What are the specific features of the service?
The ringback service allows you set your choice of musical tones from a list of various categories. The Ring Back Tones service also gives users the option to: · Create Friends and Groups · Set Ring Back Tones by Time-Date, individual phone numbers or occasions · Create Albums · Send Caller Tones to Friends (Gift Tones)
6. What does it cost to access this service?
TypeCharge (ABST Ex.) Cost per tune $5.00 Monthly Subscription $3.00 All prices are ABST exclusive.
7. How do I activate on my phone?
Ring Back Tones can be activated through the following methods: By dialing *139# and following the instructions. After successful subscription, your number is automatically configured on the network of the caller tones service. Once this step is completed you will receive a confirmation via SMS that includes the password to log into the IVR or Website of caller tones.
8. How do I know that the service has been activated successfully?
Once activation is completed, you will receive a confirmation via SMS that includes the password to log into the IVR or Website of caller tones.
9. What types of Ring Back Tones are available currently?
Currently there are several categories of tones including Dancehall, Soca, Hip Hop & Rap and Dance among others. Customers can preview available tones by using the IVR and Web interface.
10. What is the cost per Ring Back Tones?
Each tone carries a cost of $5.21 (promotional price)
11. How do I pay for the chargeable features of this service?
As a postpaid subscriber, all charges will be applied to your bill. As a prepaid subscriber, you must have credit available on your phone as all charges will be deducted from your account upon purchase.
12. How many Ring Back Tones can I buy?
There is no limit to the amount of Tones customer can purchase.
13. How long may I keep a caller tone?
A caller tone expires 3 months from the date and time of purchase.
14. Will my Ring Back Tone purchases expire?
Yes. Your Ring Back Tone will expire after 3 months.
15. What happens when it expires?
Customers will have the option to renew for another 3 months by simply repurchasing the caller tone within 30 days after expiration.
16. Am I charged each time a caller hears one of my selections?
No, you are charged when you select music and purchase it, but not for each call you receive.
17. What is an album?
An album is a collection of the tones you purchase. An album is automatically created upon purchase of your first Tone. You can create up to 10 different albums.
18. Will I be charged for attempting to purchase a tone that already exists in my album?
No, customers will not be charged for a caller tone that already exists in their album.
19. If I convert my prepaid account to post or vice versa, will I keep all my albums?
Yes. All settings will be stored during conversions.
20. How can I unsubscribe from the service?
You can delete the subscription for the service through the IVR or any other access point by selecting the option to unsubscribe in the subscription menu.
21. Can I still use my Ring Back Tone if I unsubscribe from the service?
No, once you unsubscribe from the service all you have purchased will be deleted from the system.
22. Will my profile be erased if I forgot to renew my subscription?
Yes after 1 month. Your Ring Back Tones profile will be moved to the deactivate state and unsubscribed after 1 month if not renewed. Once the subscription fees are settled within the month your Caller Tones settings will be restored. Ring Back Tone profiles are erased after un-subscription from the service.
23. Will I be given a default tones upon subscribing to the service?
24. To how many callers may I assign a single Ring Back Tones?
Ring Back Tones can be assigned at your own discretion. One Ring Back Tone can be assigned to one caller exclusively or to multiple subscribers if so desired.
25. How often may I change my Ring Back Tones, Friends or both?
You may add or change Ring Back Tones and Friends as often as you wish. In addition, you may delete or edit your Friends information in addition to the Caller tone settings (days and times).
26. Will Ring Back Tones work while I am roaming?
Yes. If someone calls you while you're roaming they will hear the caller tune you’ve assigned to them.
27. Can I use the normal ringing tone during work hours?
Yes, the Date-Time functionality can be used to specify a unique Ring Back Tones to be played during a specific time period. The default Ring Back Tones will be played during all other times.
28. Can I choose what my default Ring tone is set as?
Yes. You can choose any fun Ring Back Tones as the default for all callers.
29. Can I preview the Ring Back Tones free of charge?
Yes. You can preview Ring Back Tones free of charge on the website only.