Make the switch
Terms and Conditions
Number Portability Description
Number Portability (NP) is the process which allows a subscriber to change service while retaining an existing phone number.
Number Portability FAQ
• How often can I port my number?
- Subscribers can only port their number once every sixty calendar days (two months).
• How long would it take to port?
- Mobile number (single #) – One working day
- Mobile number (group) – Two working days
• What is required for porting?
- Active SIM
- Signed porting request form
- Form of photo identification: a) National ID Card, b) Driving Permit and c) Passport
- Validation/Proof of ownership: SMS, IVR (fixed numbers)
• Note: In addition to the above, a copy of latest bill or a printout of the subscriber details are required for Postpaid accounts
• What happens to my credit?
- Subscribers will lose any unused credit after porting. Voicemail messages will also be removed.
• What happens if I have an outstanding bill?
- The porting request can be denied if the subscriber has one or more outstanding bills on the account.
- Porting will not be canceled if the subscriber has any debt.
- Subscribers are liable to pay all outstanding balances.
• Can I port before my contract expires?
- Yes, however, subscribers must pay the early termination charges.
• Can I port my mobile number to a fixed account?
- No. Numbers can only be ported to services of the same type; mobile to mobile, etc..
• What happens if I have a business account?
- If the account contains the name of the authorized signatory (specified on the bill or account) that person shall be authorized to conduct the port as the “Subscriber”.
- If not, the porting form must be signed by an appropriate legal representative of the organisation and an identity check will be done.
• What happens if I want to port back?
- Subscribers can port back within 14 days after porting out. However, the donor now recipient network is not obligated to accept the port in request.
- If 14 days have passed, the subscriber would have to wait the 60 days before submitting the request.
• Can someone port on my behalf?
• Postpaid/Prepaid subscribers can designate an authority for porting in writing however internal checks should still be completed for authentication purposes.