The following are the Terms and Conditions governing use of the Prepaid Student Pass Plan (“Plan”):-
1. What is the Prepaid Student Pass Plan?
- The Prepaid Student Pass Plan is a Digicel mobile prepaid plan that can be purchased by parents or legal guardians for use by their children who are students in primary and secondary school. The monthly cost of the Prepaid Student Pass Plan is $100.00 (VAT exclusive).
2. What are the features of the Prepaid Student Pass Plan?
- The following are the features of the Prepaid Student Pass Plan:
Talk, Data & Social
Prepaid Student Pass Plan
Cost (Vat Exclusive)
100 Anywhere Minutes and local Digicel mobile and landline minutes
500 MB (LTE)
Unlimited to local Digicel mobiles
FREE Social Suite
WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Wikipedia*
*Customers will not use data from their data bundle when accessing any of these applications.
3. How can I purchase the Prepaid Student Pass Plan?
- Once you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who is a student in primary or secondary school, you can purchase this Plan at any Digicel Retail Store or from authorised Digicel sales representatives at certain promotional events held by Digicel. The SIM will be given to the student free and the Plan will be activated at the point of sale.
4. What are Anywhere Minutes?
- Anywhere Minutes are minutes that can be used for calls to digicel mobile and landlines plus local non-Digicel mobiles, local non-Digicel landlines, USA (mobiles and landlines), Canada (mobiles and landlines), UK landlines only, Venezuela (Telefonica Mobile only) and Digicel Caribbean (excluding Jamaica, Haiti and Guyana) mobiles.
5. Do Anywhere Minutes apply to Venezuela Mobiles or landlines or both?
- Anywhere Minutes will only apply to Telefonica Mobile in Venezuela.
- If calling a different provider in Venezuela you will be charged at Digicel’s standard prepaid Pay As You Go rates which can be found via https://www.digiceltt.com under prepaid rates
6. What countries are considered Digicel Caribbean?
The following are Digicel Caribbean territories:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- French Guiana
- St. Kitts
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and Grenadines
- Turks and Caicos
7. What happens when the allocated minutes or data on the Prepaid Student Pass Plan have been depleted?
- You will be charged Digicel’s standard prepaid Pay As You Go rates for both data and calls if your allocated bundles have been depleted. These rates can be found via https://www.digiceltt.com under prepaid rates
You will also have the option of purchasing any of the below Add Ons:
- 1GB LTE data $10 VAT Exclusive
- 3GB LTE data $20 VAT Exclusive
- 100 Anywhere Minutes $50 VAT Exclusive
All Add Ons if not depleted will last for the balance of the 30 day period of the Plan within which it was purchased. If an Add On is not depleted during the 30 day period, the unused portion of the Add On will not roll over if the Plan is renewed.
8. How can I check my bundled minutes and data?
- You can dial *120*1# to verify your Anywhere Minutes balance and *120*4# for your data balance OR you can check your balances by using the My Digicel App.
9. What happens when the Prepaid Student Pass Plan expires?
- You will be sent a message 48 hours and 24 hours before the expiry of the 30 day plan period, informing you that the Plan will auto renew. You must top-up $100 (VAT Exclusive) every month for the Plan to auto-renew.
- If you fail to auto-renew and the Plan expires, you will only be able to re-purchase the Plan by dialling *323# or visit a Digicel store to purchase. If a customer choose not to do so they will have to go into a retail store to have the plan changed to any of Digicel’s standard Prepaid Plans. Please click here for more information on our Prepaid Plans: https://bit.ly/2ZU9BvP
10. Will I be allowed to use the FREE social suite if I have depleted my data allocation?
- Yes. The FREE Social Suite does not use the data from the 500 GB of data that forms part of the Plan so the apps in the FREE Social Suite will still be accessible after the 500GB of data is depleted.
11. Can I activate the Prepaid Student Pass Plan with an existing prepaid number and SIM card?
- No, only NEW prepaid Digicel numbers can be provisioned with the Prepaid Student Pass Plan provided that you meets the criteria. I.e. that the Plan will be used by a primary or secondary student for whom you are the parent or legal guardian.
12. Who can avail from this offer?
- This Plan can be purchased by parents or legal guardians for use by their children who are students in primary and secondary school.
13. Additional Terms and Conditions
- This Plan is offered for the personal use by approved individuals only and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Any usage at all by an individual that in Digicel’s sole discretion is not an approved individual or is intended for financial gain or profit by you or by groups of individuals will result in the immediate termination of the Plan.
- Digicel reserves the right to terminate this Plan forthwith if in its sole opinion the Plan is being abused.
- Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) this Plan being offered to its Customer at its discretion.
- Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this Plan. In the event of Digicel giving notice to customers of any such changes to or cancellation of the terms and conditions of this Plan, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notification.
- Customers should be solely responsible for keeping their mobile handset properly secured and for all activations and other activities that occur on or through their mobile handsets. Any request made via the use of the USSD code or the My Digicel App from a mobile handset shall be deemed a legitimate request from the customer to whom the said mobile handset is registered. Digicel shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of a customer’s handset.
- Subject to the above, the standard Prepaid Terms and Conditions shall apply.