What is Roaming:-
Roaming is a convenient service that allows you to utilize most of the services provided by Digicel when travelling outside our geographical coverage area.... This allows you to use your Digicel handset anywhere in the world! Before you roam, we recommend you read the helpful tips below.
How do I activate the service?
· All Digicel prepaid and postpaid accounts are pre-provisioned for roaming. There is no need to contact customer care for activation.
*Value added promotions do not apply while roaming*
Prior to roaming is there anything that is recommended?
· Customer must have an active Digicel account
· Ensure handset is compatible with the requirements of visiting country( preferred quad band handset)
· Prepaid Digicel customers should Top-up the account before leaving, with sufficient credit.
*Bonus Credit and bundles cannot be used while roaming*
· Postpaid customers should request a temporary Credit Limit increase to avoid becoming Credit Limit Barred. Postpaid customers may have their service suspended if their usage exceeds their assigned credit limit.
Should a postpaid customer desire increasing to a higher credit limit, the regular process for a Credit Limit increase will apply.
· If a postpaid customer requires roaming to be deactivated, they can call into Customer Care to have the roaming service removed.
What do I do once I arrive in the visiting country?
- Turn on the handset. Most handsets should automatically update to the strongest available network .If you are traveling to multiple destinations, you may need to turn your phone off and then turn it on again to recognize the new wireless network. We recommend that you always do a manual search for relevant roaming partners; please consult your phone manual for assistance if option not listed below:
- BlackBerry OS7 – Manage Connections; Networks and Connections; Mobile Network; Network Selection Mode; (After selecting a network if prompted with message “you will only have emergency service, continue?” please select ‘Yes’)
- BlackBerry 10 OS – Settings; Network Connections; Mobile Network; Network Selection Mode
* BlackBerry customers must have a data package prior to roaming in order to data roam*
- SAMSUNG - Settings; More Settings; Mobile Network; Network Operators; Search Networks
- WINDOWS - Settings; Cellular; Network Selection
- IPHONE - Settings; Carrier; Turn Off
How do I receive a call/SMS while roaming?
· Receiving a call on a visited network will be the same as receiving a call on the home network.
A party calling from your home country dials your seven digit number as usual and the call gets routed through your home network to the visited network. There are no extra charges incurred by the calling party.
· When a message is sent to you while roaming, it can be located in the inbox of the messages section of the handset.
How do I make a call/send a message while roaming?
· This procedure is slightly different from all numbers should be dialed using the international dialing format. For instance to call Trinidad and Tobago, +1868 must be placed before the seven digit number.
To send a message:
1. Type the message from the handset's new message option.
2. Select send and enter the recipient's number using the same international format as stated above.
Will there be a special way to check my balance while roaming?
· While roaming, when the need arises to complete a balance check, the following option is available:
Simply press *120# and send as usual and you will be given a balance update on the screen of your phone.
What will happen if my prepaid balance is too low to make/receive a call?
· If your balance is below the required amount for making a call and you try to call someone, the call will not go through, once you top-up again, you will regain the services of your phone.
· If someone tries to call you while your balance is too low, the call will not be connected.
What will happen if I reach my postpaid credit limit and I attempt to make a call?
· If you are credit limit barred and you try to call someone, the call will not be connected.
· If someone tries to call you while you are credit limit barred, the call will not be connected.
· Please note that network partners can submit chargeable calls up to 30 days after the call was made, therefore these charges may appear on your next invoice.
· Remember, we are always adding new International Roaming Partners, so you should call Customer Care before you travel or check the Roaming Rates & Partners Listings in this website to see if there are any new destinations.