1. What is LTE?
- LTE, also known as Long Term Evolution, is a type of mobile data that was developed to improve the mobile phone standard and to cope with the needs and demands of future networks as they evolve and expand to meet customers’ needs.
2. What are the advantages of LTE?
- LTE gives users high-speed data access anytime, anywhere. Users will be able to stream data, video, and VoIP from anywhere with no delay.
3. What speed does LTE offer?
- The Digicel LTE network is capable of offering speeds of up to 100 Mbps. However, the user experience could vary depending on the location and number of users accessing the network at any given time.
4. Does LTE replace our 4G network?
- No, our EDGE and 4G networks will continue to provide mobile data access to customers. LTE will be largely available in major town centres across the country. This is an evolutionary step, as we continue to upgrade our network in order to meet our customers’ demands for more capacity and speed.
5. Are 2G and 4G technologies compatible with LTE?
- The LTE standards we operate support seamless mobility with the existing GSM network.
6. How do I determine whether my device is LTE-compatible?
- That’s easy. Use our LTE Checker here. If your SIM and device are not LTE-ready, visit any Digicel store for your FREE SIM upgrade and great deals on LTE smartphones.
7. What if I have a non-LTE device, will I get high-speed mobile data as well?
- You will continue to enjoy data at 4G speeds, dependent on your device capabilities. If you want the Digicel LTE experience, please visit your nearest Digicel store for a range of LTE-compatible devices.
8. Which areas will have LTE coverage?
- Digicel LTE is currently available in the following areas of Trinidad and Tobago: