1. What is Yooz top up?
Yooz top up allows Digicel prepaid customers to top up their phones and other Digicel prepaid phones, directly from their Republic Bank Limited bank account or any CREDIT/VISA card account, anytime anywhere. Digicel postPaid customers can also use this service to top up Digicel prepaid users from their Republic Bank account or any credit card.
2. How do I complete a top up using Yooz top up?
Once you register for the service follow the steps below to top up:
- Dial *190# and press send.
- Select option 1 “Top Up my mobile” and press send.
- Enter the amount you wish to top up e.g. enter 10 for a $10.00 top up and press send.
-The top up amount will be displayed on the screen. Press 1 to confirm the amount and press send.
- Enter your 4 digit passcode and press send.
- You will receive a confirmation text message with a reference number. Your phone will be credited with the top up amount you requested and your bank account will be charged.
3. Is there a shorter way that I can top up my phone?
Yes, there is a Yooz top up short cut to top up your phone:
- Dial from your Digicel prepaid phone “*190*topupamount#” and press send.
- Enter (1) to confirm the amount of top up and press send.
- Enter your 4 Digit security passcode and press send.
- You will receive a confirmation text message with a reference number and the phone number entered will be credited with the top up amount you requested.
E.g. If you are purchasing $19.00 in top up you enter *190*19#. You will then be prompted to confirm your top up amount and then enter your four (4) digit pass code (e.g. 0000). You will receive a confirmation text with a reference number and the phone number entered will be credited $19.00.
4. What should I do if I don’t receive the top up confirmation SMS?
Sometimes text messages may take longer to be delivered to your phone. Wait a few minutes. While waiting, check the account balance on your phone by dialling *120# and press send. If you received the top up, the message is probably delayed.
If you did not receive the top up contact Digicel customer care by dialling 100 from a Digicel phone and the agent on the call will assist.
5. Do I need to use the reference number in the confirmation text?
You may use the reference number in case you have a query.
6. Where can I register for YOOZ?
You can register for Yooz top up at any of Republic Bank’s 35 branches.
7. What is the registration procedure?
To register for Yooz top up, the registrar agent will:
- Enter your Digicel prepaid number on the terminal (twice for confirmation).
- Ask you to create a 4 digit passcode (twice for confirmation).
- Swipe your Republic Bank debit card or credit card (whichever you decide to use). If you used your debit card you will be required to enter your RBL bank pin.
You will receive a registration confirmation receipt from the terminal.
The representative will give you a Yooz top up instructional wallet guide to keep for ease of use and ask you to purchase a top up to ensure you understand the guide.
8. Does this registration have an expiry date?
There is no expiry date.
9. What if I lost or changed my phone?
Once you do not change your phone number the top up transactions will continue to work, if you do change your phone number you will need to re-register for YOOZ top up.
10. Is there a cost to registration?
There is no cost to register for Yooz top up.
11. Do I still benefit from promotions Digicel offer?
All top up and top up promotions offered by Digicel are still available to you.
12. Can I Top Up someone else’s phone using this service?
Yes, follow the steps below to top up other Digicel phones after you register for YOOZ top up:
- Dial *190# - press send.
- Select option 2 “Top Up Other Mobile” and press send.
- Enter the top up amount – e.g. 10 (not 10.00) and press send.
- Enter the mobile number for the person you wish to top up (7 digits) and press send. E.g. 3555555.
- The amount you want to top up will show on your screen. Press 1 to confirm this amount and press send.
- Enter your 4 digit security passcode and press send.
- A message stating that the top up was successful will appear on your screen and a confirmation SMS message with a reference number will follow as proof that the transaction was successful.
- The phone that was topped up will also receive a message confirming that person has received a top up.
13. Do I have to register the other numbers I want to top up on my bank card?
No, just follow the instructions in number 12 to send top up to any other Digicel phones you need to top up.
14. Is there a maximum or minimum amount of top up I can purchase?
Yes, the top up amounts that you are allowed to purchase are as follows:
- Minimum top up per transaction - TTD 10.00
- Maximum top up per transaction - TTD 200.00
- Maximum top up per day - TTD 500.00
15. How soon after I register can I top up?
You can top up immediately after you register for the Yooz top up service as long as you receive the receipt from the registration terminal confirming that registration was successful.
16. If someone steals my phone can they top up?
No, your Yooz top up access is protected by the passcode you created during registration.
17. What happens if I forget my passcode?
You will need to visit a Republic Bank branch to re-register for Yooz top up.
18. What happens if I enter the wrong passcode?
If you enter the wrong passcode 5 consecutive times you will be barred from topping up. You will need to re-register for Yooz top up.
19. Can I change my top up passcode?
Yes you can change your passcode by following the steps below:
- Dial *190# and press send.
- Select option 3 “My Account” and press send.
- Select option 2 “Change Pass code” and press send.
- Enter your current 4 digit pass code and press send.
- Type in your new 4 digit pass code and press send.
- Confirm your new pass code by entering it again and press send.
- You will receive a message stating the pass code has been successfully changed.
20. What happens if I do not have enough funds in my bank account
You will not receive the top up requested; you will receive an insufficient funds message.
21. How can I terminate this service?
You can terminate the Yooz top up service by contacting Digicel customer care. They will need your phone number and name.
22. Can I register multiple bank cards to my phone number?
No. Only one card can be registered to a phone number.
23. If I registered with one bank card then decide that I will like to use a different card for this service, what should I do?
Visit the nearest Republic Bank branch and re-register for Yooz top up. The last registration overwrites the one before and becomes the only active registration.
24. Can I use my Linx PIN as my passcode for Yooz top up?
You can use your Linx PIN but we advise against that for security reasons.
25. Are there any additional costs to purchasing top up?
Yes, you will be required to pay VAT on Top Up. E.g. if you are buying $10 top up, you pay $12.50.
26. What if I lost my credit or debit card?
Once you get a new card, you must re-register for the service.
27. Is Yooz top up safe?
Yooz top up is safe and secure and is approved by Republic Bank Ltd.
28. Do I see these transactions in my bank statements?
Yes, these transactions are clearly shown as “Mobile TopUp” in your bank statements.
29. What if I do not agree with the amounts shown on the bank statement? It took more or less money?
Contact Digicel customer care by dialling 100 from your Digicel phone and report the problem. They will assist.
30. If someone steals my phone can they access my bank account?
No they can’t. Your Yooz.topup access is protected by your security passcode.
31. If someone gets my passcode can they access my bank account?
They can access it if they have your phone.
32. If someone gets my passcode and has my phone what can I do?
If you get your phone back, follow these steps to change your passcode:
- Dial *190# and press send.
- Select option 3 “My account” and press send.
- Select option 2 “Change passcode” and press send.
- Enter the current passcode and press send.
- Enter the new passcode they want to use and press send.
- Re-enter the new passcode as confirmation and press send.
-The passcode will be changed successfully.
Note: If you cannot get your phone back contact Digicel customer care by dialling 100 from a Digicel phone immediately to have your registration cancelled.
33. I registered with my credit card and saw on my statement that I was charged $1. What was this for?
During the registration process for Credit Card users, the bank is sent a request to verify that the Credit Card being registered is in good standing with the bank; i.e. not stolen, is within limit etc. The $1 is not charged to the account but is held for a maximum of 10 days as banking policy until the card is proven valid.
34. On my next bank statement, I did not see the payment reversed, what can I do?
Contact Digicel customer care by dialling 100 from a Digicel phone and explain the problem, they will assist.
35. What to do if when trying to do a top up, I am getting errors on phone?
Contact Digicel customer care by dialling 100, explain the error to them and they will assist you.