The following are the terms and conditions governing this plan
1. What is the Roaming Passport (“Plan”)?
· This Plan allows Digicel mobile customers (that is, postpaid and prepaid customers excluding Corporate customers) the ability to limit their roaming charges when they purchase this plan for TT$199.00 Value Added Tax (“V.A.T.”) exclusive (that is, TT$223.88 VAT inclusive). This Plan gives unlimited calls, Short Message Service (“SMS”) and data browsing whilst roaming in select territories.
2. How do I sign up for the Roaming Passport?
· You can simply dial *147# from your Digicel handset from any location within Trinidad and Tobago or any DigiRoam territory listed in item 6 below.
3. What services are available under this Plan?
· Free calls to home (that is, any mobile or fixed line in Trinidad and Tobago), whilst roaming in the DigiRoam territories as listed in item 6 below.
· Free incoming calls from anywhere whilst roaming in any of the DigiRoam territories listed in item 6 below except for Guyana and Haiti.
Please note that for Guyana and Haiti, additional fees will apply in relation to incoming calls while roaming in these two territories.
· Free data browsing in any of DigiRoam territories listed in item 6 below.
· Free SMS to home and to the other DigiRoam territories listed in item 6 below whilst roaming in any of said DigiRoam territories.
4. Can I make free calls to other DigiRoam territories or to numbers within the DigiRoam territory where I am roaming?
· No. You cannot make free calls to other DigiRoam territories nor to numbers within the DigiRoam territory where you are roaming.
· Whilst on the Roaming Plan, you can only make unlimited free calls to numbers in Trinidad and Tobago.
5. How does this Plan differ from the roaming services offered by the other mobile network?
· Digicel is the only mobile network offering unlimited data in select Latin American countries.
· Digicel also offers free incoming calls from more Caribbean countries than the other mobile network whilst you are roaming in any of the DigiRoam territories.
(See list of DigiRoam territories in item 6 below)
6. In which countries can I use this Plan?
The following are the countries (“DigiRoam territories”) where this Plan can be used:
2) Antigua and Barbuda
7) British Virgin Islands
11) French Guiana
18) St. Kitts
19) St. Lucia
20) St. Vincent and Grenadines
22) Turks and Caicos
23) El Salvador
7. What is the duration of this Plan?
· This Plan will last seven (7) days from the time of activation.
8. How do I pay for this Plan?
· As a Postpaid customer, you will be charged TT$199.00 V.AT. exclusive, which will be added to your bill for the billing period during which you active the Plan.
· As a Prepaid customer, you will have to top up your account with TT$199.00TT V.A.T. exclusive before dialing the relevant code to activate this Plan.
9. Does the Plan automatically renew?
· No. The plan will not renew automatically. It will automatically terminate at the end of the seven (7) day period.
· You will have to dial *147# in order to sign up for this Plan for a further seven (7) days.
10. Can I have this Plan cancelled after roaming for a shorter period of time e.g. 4 days?
No. This Plan will last for seven (7) days and you will not be able to cancel or deactivate the Plan prior to the completion of the seven (7) day period.
11. As a postpaid customer, if I becomes credit limit barred will I still be able to use the services on this Plan?
· No. You will not be able to use any services if you are credit limit barred.
· You will need to contact Digicel’s customer care via our Live Chat or by calling 399-9999 from another handset.
12. As a prepaid customer, can I use bonus credit to activate this Plan?
· No. Bonus credit cannot be used to activate this Plan.
13. Can I text UK, USA and Canada for free whilst roaming and using this Plan?
· No. Whilst using this Plan, once you are roaming in any DigiRoam territory, you can send SMS only to DigiRoam territories for FREE.
14. Once I am on this Plan and I am roaming in a DigiRoam territory, can I receive free incoming calls from anywhere?
· Yes, you can receive free incoming calls from anywhere once you are roaming in any DigiRoam territory except Guyana and Haiti.
15. What services on this Plan can I use whilst roaming in Guyana or Haiti?
· Free unlimited SMS, data browsing and free calls to home (i.e. Trinidad and Tobago) can be accessed whilst roaming in Guyana or Haiti when on this Plan. The only part of the Plan that does not apply to either Guyana or Haiti is free incoming calls whilst you are roaming in either country.
16. Can I activate this Plan whilst roaming?
· Yes, as long as you have successfully registered to a Digicel network whilst roaming you will be able to dial *147# from your Digicel handset to activate this plan.
· You can also active this Plan via the My Digicel App.
17. Additional Terms and Conditions
· This Plan is for the personal use of individuals and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Any usage at all by an individual that in Digicel’s sole discretion is intended for financial gain or profit by you or by groups of individuals will result in the immediate termination of the Plan.
· Digicel reserves the right to terminate this Plan if in its sole opinion this Plan being abused.
· Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) this Plan being offered to its customers at its discretion.
· Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without the notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this Plan. In the event of Digicel giving notice to customers of any such changes to or cancellation of this Plan, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notification.
· Customers should be solely responsible for keeping their mobile handset properly secured and for all activations and other activities that occur on or through their mobile handsets. Any request made via the use of short codes or via the MyDigicel App from a mobile handset shall be deemed a legitimate request from the customer to whom the said mobile handset is registered. Digicel shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of a customer’s handset.
· Subject to the above, Digicel’s standard Prepaid Terms and Conditions or Postpaid Terms and Conditions (whichever is applicable) and Digicel’s Fair Usage Policy shall apply.