NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Contest Sponsor: This “Cherish the Day” Contest (the "Contest") is organized by Discovery Latin America, LLC, 6505 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 190, Miami, Florida, 33126, USA and (the “Sponsor”).
2. Contest Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica and Barbados in the Caribbean, who, as of date of entry, are at least 18 years of age. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and in all countries, where registration may be required. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Latin America, LLC, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors and agents, the immediate family of such employees/officers/directors (parents, children, siblings and spouse regardless of where they reside or are domiciled), and members of their respective households (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
3. Participation Period of the Contest: The Contest begins September 15, 2020 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time and ends October 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (the "Participation Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on October 15, 2020.
4. How To Enter the Contest: Log on to the “Cherish the Day ” website at www.ownyourprize.com (the “Website”). After logging on to the Website of your choice, click on the banner or button that advertises the Contest and to access the “Contest Entry Form”. To submit an entry for the Contest, follow the three steps below:
a) Fill out all information requested on the Contest Entry Form, which consists of the following: (i) your full name (name and surname); (ii) your date of birth; (iii) your email address; (iv) your telephone number (area code included); (v) country; (vi) your cable tv operator (if any); and (vii) favorite tv channel.
b) In the text box provided, write in a paragraph sharing your “love advice” (max. 500 characters) (the “Contest Question”).
c) Once you have completed steps a and b, check the boxes provided and click on the button that reads “Send Your Love Advice” and you will be entered in the Contest.
You can enter as many times as you like, as long as you submit a different answer to the Contest Question every time you complete the Contest Entry Form and enter the Contest.
Answer to Contest Question must be the sole, original work of the participant. Answer cannot have been previously published or entered into any competition. Answer must not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity. Answers that are profane, inappropriate or obscene, as determined by Sponsor and/or the judges, in the sole discretion of either party, will be automatically disqualified. Entries that do not satisfy these Official Rules in all respects will be automatically disqualified.
5. General Rules:
By participating in the Contest, participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Prizes will be awarded only if a participant fully complies with these Official Rules.
Sponsor will be collecting personal data submitted by participants via the Website at www.ownyourprize.com. Participants who do not wish to receive any promotional information from Sponsor in the future, will be given the option to opt-out of receiving such information by the time of entry.
Any attempted form of entry other than indicated above is void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanized, or similar entry methods will void all entries by that participant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the participant. The authorized account holder is the person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted address.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, misdirected or corrupted entries, which will be disqualified; for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions of any network, hardware or software; service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized human intervention; inaccurate or incomplete online Contest information (including the Contest Entry Website) due to human/electronic error or other cause; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise, which may occur in the processing of entries. Proof of sending entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest (including the Website), or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
All entries become the sole property of Sponsor, and none will be returned. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant's participation in the Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest Website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Sponsor's Website by a hypertext link.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, such that the Contest cannot be conducted as originally planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, the selection of winners shall from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
By participating in the Contest, all participants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries companies, licensees, franchisees, local corporate advertising cooperatives, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all liability for any loss, property damage or damage to persons, including, without limitation, death and injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or arising out of participation in this Contest, use of the Website, or participation in any Contest related activity, or the receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
Where legally permissible, by participating in the Contest, verified winners authorize Sponsor to use their name, address (city and country), age and/or their photograph (if applicable), any taped appearance or interview with them or any likeness of them, their voice and/or any statements made by or attributed to them regarding the Sponsor, in perpetuity, in connection with the publicity, advertising or promotional activities for the Contest or any other like or similar future promotion in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and digital), and any and all rights to said use, without further notification or further compensation.
Where legally permissible, by accepting prize, verified winners further grant to Sponsor the right to use their answer to the Contest Question (in whole or in part, with the understanding that the answer to the Contest Question may be adapted, edited, or modified, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) in connection with publicity, advertising or promotional activities for the Contest or any other like or similar future promotion in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and digital), without review, notification or further compensation.
Winners agree to transfer and assign any and all rights, title and interest in the answer to the Contest Question to Sponsor, including but not limited to the copyright, and renewal rights, worldwide, and shall execute all documents and take all actions deemed necessary by Sponsor to effect, record and perfect such assignment.
6. Selection of Potential Winners and Notification of Contest Results to Selected Winners:
Winners will be selected by a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsor. Winners will be selected based on the total points obtained according to the following judging criteria: ability to generate reader interest and grab reader’s attention (33%), appropriateness to the selected theme (33%) and writing style (33%) of their answers to the Contest Question. In case of a tie, the participant with the higher/highest score in the first judging criterion (ability to generate reader interest and grab reader’s attention) will be selected. If two or more participants remain tied after the first tiebreaker, the participant with the higher/highest score in the second judging criterion (appropriateness to the selected theme) will be selected. The selection of the winners will take place on October 19, 2020, in Miami, Florida, U.S.A.
Winners will be notified by email address. Winners’ name, city and country may be posted online at www.ownyourprize.com or about October 21, 2020. The Prize winners’ answer to the Contest Question may also be posted online at www.ownyourprize.com or about October 21, 2020.
Except where prohibited by law, if any winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of the date of selection of the Contest winners, such winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected based on the judging criteria previously detailed.
Prize winners must execute & return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release. The affidavit/release should include an assignment of rights to the answer to the Contest Question. The affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release must be returned within two (2) days of date of receipt. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected based on the judging criteria previously detailed.
7. Prize: Three (3) winners will receive one (1) personalized video message for a special occasion from renowned OWN network talents, Xosha Roquemore (“Gently”) and/or Alano Miller (“Evan”). The estimated retail value of each Prize is Three Hundred United States Dollars (US$300.00). Approximate value of all prizes: Nine Hundred United States Dollars (US$900.00).
Sponsor will not be responsible for any costs associated with fixing/upgrading/setting up any prize delivered to a winner.
All prizes will be delivered to the winners at the email address provided approximately ten (10) days after the date in which winners are notified.
Where required by law, if for any reason, Sponsor cannot deliver a prize to a winner (email address change, incomplete information, etc.) and such winner does not claim the undelivered prize within seven (7) days from the date of selection of the Contest winners, such winner will lose his/her right to the prize.
No product or business endorsements accepted. No prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, when due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for prize of equal value. No transfer of prizes permitted except by the decision of Sponsor. Limit one prize per person/family/household/e-mail address.
By receipt of any Contest prize, all winners accept their prizes with no further obligation from Sponsor.
8. Governing Law: The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the state of Florida U.S.A. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida, U.S.A. Entrants submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction in Florida and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state or federal courts in Florida. You agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Florida, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages, whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
9. Official Rules/Prize Winners: For a list of prize winners or for a copy of these Official Rules by email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name: “Cherish the Day” Contest as the subject line. Be sure to specify whether you wish to receive the list of Contest winners or the Official Rules. Requests must be received by December 30, 2020.