Effective: 30th June, 2022
The following are the frequently asked questions (“FAQs”) for the decommissioning of the Billo App:
1. Why is Digicel removing the Billo app (“App”) from my bundle?
Given the challenges in creating and maintaining a successful storage application that meets our users’ expectations, we decided to decommission the Billo app. We are committed to focusing on our Digital efforts, and will be launching new services for our Digicel Prime bundles to customers from July 29, 2022.
2. What will happen to my dedicated data for Billo on my Prime Bundle?
You will have access to your dedicated data for Billo until July 29, 2022.
3. Are there any alternate cloud storage options?
Yes, you are able to use other cloud services of your choice including: Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Lifebox. All you are required to do is to download your files on Billo and re-upload those files on your preferred cloud storage service.
4. What will happen to my personal data?
5. How do I access my stored files after this period?
You will be unable to access or log in to Billo from July 29, 2022 so to avoid loss or permanent deletion of your files, we strongly encourage you to export or transfer your files before July 29, 2022. After this date, your files will be accessible on Mylifebox.com (Billo’s sister app) for a three month grace period which ends on October 29, 2022. Simply login with your existing Billo credentials to access your files.
6. What should I do before the shutdown of the Billo App?
On July 29, 2022, you will no longer have access to Billo. Before July 29, 2022, you can:
· Download all your photos and videos in your Billo storage to any of your devices; or
7. Can I download my Billo content more than once?
Yes, you can download and save your content multiple times. Downloading your content may take time, so get started before July 29, 2022.
8. Why is downloading my content taking so long?
If you have a considerable amount of content (that is, photos and videos), your request to download all of this content may take many hours to complete. We recommend that you start downloading your photos and videos as soon as possible before July 29, 2022. You can take advantage of our Prime Bundle data to download all your files.
9. Will my photos and videos from Billo continue to exist in the cloud?
No. Your photos and videos on Billo will no longer exist from July 29, 2022. You can download and save your content, but it may take time, so get started before July 29, 2022. After you download your photos and videos to your device, you can store them on your device or upload them to another cloud service.
10. If I’ve already downloaded all my photos and videos, are there any additional actions I should take?
No. You are all set!
11. As a Billo Premium package user, what do I need to know:
You will continue to have access to premium features on Billo until July 29, 2022.
Your data consumption on Billo will be covered by dedicated data on your Prime Bundle until July 29, 2022.
12. Will my Prime Bundle data still cover Billo usage?
Yes, your Prime Bundle data will cover your Billo usage until July 29, 2022.
13. How can I download my files from Billo?
Follow the steps below to download your files with a click
1. Open the folder you wish to download
2. Select the 3 dots beside each image
3. Click download
These FAQs are meant merely as a guide for customers and Digicel shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions in the above.