11. Do I need to change my Phone Settings to use 4G?
Yes, after activating your 4G SIM, you need to ensure your phone settings are correct. This can be done by following these steps (specifics will vary according to device):
· In your Mobile Network Options, set the Network Mode to ‘Dual mode’, ‘4G, 3G & 2G’
· Manually scan for available networks and select Digicel 3G or Digicel 4G option
· Restart phone and 3G, 4G, H or H+ icon displays on screen when successful
12. Why should I bother taking up 4G+?
With the power of Digicel’s 4G+ network and a 4G capable smartphone, everything is faster and your phone can do so much more…
· Faster web browsing
· Faster downloads (documents, photos, apps, music etc)
· Faster photo & Video Uploads
· Stream videos and music
· Send and receive e-mails with large attachments faster
· And so much more!
13. Will I experience any down time?
The Digicel network is engineered to provide maximum reliability and availability. Planned outages will occur from time to time but these are usually performed in off-peak hours (night time) to keep customer impact to a minimum.
14. Can I monitor my usage?
Yes you can. On a 4G+ Smartphone – there is a section on your device that monitors your usage……. Device dependent
15. What happens when I move outside 4G coverage area?
When you move in and out of 4G+ coverage areas, your phones will automatically move to our 3G network, provided your device has auto network mode turned on.
16. Will this be faster than TCC’s 4G+ offering?
Yes, not only will it be faster, but you will have wider coverage.
17. Will my voice call quality improve?
4G is for Data only, Voice calls will be on 2G/ 3G network.
18. How quickly can I download an MP3, stream from YouTube, download a movie?
It depends on the size of the movie.
19. If my speed is increasing are you going to give me a better data bundle? If my speed gets faster my consumption is likely to increase.
As part of the launch, we are offering ALL customers on 4G+ that purchase a data plan from *141# DOUBLE DATA. So if you buy a 1GB data plan for $24. We will give you 2GB.
20. Is 4G contention/congestion free?
No, 4G+ is shared platform and can have congestion but as 4G+ network gives superior speeds that’s why even during congestion speeds will be more than 3G network.