Digicel's voicemail service is easy to use, fast to access and checking messages is FREE from your Digicel mobile phone.
Your 24-hour answering service will automatically take a message for you when your phone is in use, switched off or when you simply cannot answer.
Every Digicel customer gets voicemail at no extra cost. For your convenience, Digicel has set up automatic diverts to your voicemail if your phone is switched off or unanswered. You will receive a text message informing you that you have a new voicemail.
2. How do I access voicemail?
To access voicemail, dial 123 and follow the prompts. The first time you access your voicemail, you will hear a prompt to personalize it with your name and password.
Let your friends know they have reached the right person by personalizing your voicemail with your name!
3. Digicel voicemail just got an upgrade! What does this mean?
With the new upgraded voicemail system, you will be able to manage your mailbox even easier. You can customize and personalize your mailbox using new and enhanced features.
1. Reset your password.
2. Enable or disable your password.
3. Reset your own mailbox.
4. Future date voicemail messaging.
5. Preferred language selection.
4. Will I be able to access my old voicemail messages that I saved prior to the upgrade?
You will be able to access your saved messages from the old voicemail system for a period of 14 days.
These messages cannot be saved again on the upgraded voicemail system and will get deleted after 14 days: 27th November 2018.
5. What is the maximum number of voicemail messages that can hold in my mailbox?
A mailbox can hold up to 30 recordings each, the length of 90 seconds.
6. What is the storage time for messages?
Voicemail messages are stored as follows:
• Listened to and saved messages are stored for a maximum of 30 days.
• Received and not listened to messages are stored for a maximum of 14 days.
• Listened to but not saved messages are stored for a maximum of 14 days.
7. How will I know when I have a new voicemail message?
You will receive a text message notifying you when there is a new voicemail message.
8. How do I ‘enable or disable’ my voicemail password?
To enable or disable your password:
Select option 4 from the voicemail main menu.
Select the desired option ‘enable’ to add a password or ‘disable’ to remove the password.
Enabled password: More than five failed attempts will result in your voicemail box being restricted. You will be required to contact Customer Care via 100 from your mobile phone and speak with an agent to have your password reset.
9. How do I change or reset my password?
To change your password, dial 123 to access your voicemail account.
Enter your password to get to the 'Main Menu'. When in the menu, Press option 3.
You will hear a prompt to enter new password.
Press 1 to confirm your password.
Your password should be 4 digits long.
Enabled password: More than five failed attempts will result in your voicemail box being restricted. You will be required to contact Customer Care via 100 from your mobile phone to have your password reset.
10. How can I leave a voicemail message for someone?
To leave a voicemail message for someone, the following is required:
The person that you are calling must have calls set to the voicemail box.
Calls are diverted to the voicemail box when:
The recipient does not answer the call or
The recipient’s line is busy or
If the recipient’s phone is offline.
You will hear a prompt to record and send your message to the recipient.
11. What is the ‘Future date messaging’ voicemail feature?
Future date messaging allows you to record and send your voicemail message at a set date and time in the future. When the date and time comes, the recipient will get the intended message.
Recipient will not be aware of the date and time that the message was created.
12. What is the ‘Preferred Language Selection’ voicemail feature?
Preferred language allows you to select the language you would like to set for your mailbox.
13. What are the languages available to make a selection?
The available language to set for your mailbox are as follows:
Please note that not all the listed languages are available in all markets.
14. How can I unblock my voicemail box?
To unblock your mailbox, you will be required to contact Customer Care from your mobile phone to have your password reset.
If you’re using a smartphone, we recommend that you use the live chat option so we can have it reset for you.
15. How can I access my mailbox from another phone?
To access your mailbox:
Dial the voicemail number 1-649-331-0000.
You will hear a prompt to enter your mailbox ID (area code + 7 or 8-digit mobile number) and password.
In case you do not have a password, for security reasons you will need to create one in order to access your mailbox.
16. How can I access my mailbox while roaming?
To access your mailbox:
Dial the voicemail number 1-649-331-0000.
You will hear a prompt to enter your mailbox ID (area code + 7 or 8- digit mobile number) and password.
In case you do not have a password, you will need to create one in order to access your mailbox from abroad.
If you make more than five failed attempts to access your mailbox your call to the voicemail system will end.
You will receive an SMS after the call has ended to indicate the failed attempts.
Terms & Conditions
1. All Digicel customers will have a mailbox created automatically.
2. Customers can access their mailbox by dialing 123 from their mobile device.
3. New customers accessing their mailbox for the first time will require a password.
4. Customers accessing their mailbox via another phone other than their own mobile will require entering their mailbox ID number (area code + 7 or 8 digit mobile number) and password.
5. Saved messages before the voicemail upgrade will be accessible on the new voicemail system for a period of 30 days.
6. You are required to have a voicemail box if you would like to receive messages when you are unavailable, do not answer your call, when busy, or your mobile phone is offline.
7. More than five failed attempts to access your mailbox with the incorrect password will result in your mailbox being restricted. You are required to contact customer care via calling 100 from your mobile number or live chat to unblock your mailbox.
8. Digicel customers and callers from other networks (local or international) are able to leave you a voicemail message.
9. Customers who are roaming are required to enter their mailbox ID number (area code + 7 or 8 digit mobile number mobile number) and password.