As part of improving our customer service, we will introduce voicemail charging ‘after the tone’ which customers will be informed prior to the charging taking effect. This gives customer the option to either continue the call or hang-up.
On September 22nd September 2016, the implementation of this new change will take place.
New Change to Voicemail Notification
WHEN LINE IS BUSY
Voice Prompt to Voice Mail when Busy
The number you are calling is currently busy. Please leave a message after the beep. Normal charges apply.
Voice Prompt to Voice Mail when Not Reachable
The number you are calling is currently not reachable. Please leave a message after the beep. Normal charges apply.
NOT ANSWERING CALL/NO REPLY
Voice Prompt to Voice Mail when Not Answering
The number you are calling is currently not responding. Please leave a message after the beep. Normal charges apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the change with the new Voicemail system?
There will be a new voice notification before the current voice prompt which is zero rated. Eg: For B party that has VM provisioned 20sec Dial tone >>>>>> >>>>>> BEEP >>>>>> forward to VM Announcement (this announcement will be ZERO rated)
2. What are Call Diverts?
A call divert is a feature provided by Digicel that allows voice calls sent to a phone number to be diverted to another phone number.
3. What types of diverts are there?
There are four different diverts that you can set to your number, these are diverts for:
- 'All Calls' - where your phone won't ring even if it is on, the call goes straight to the divert number.
- 'No Answer' - where the phone rings and no one answers, then diverts will be activated.
- 'Unreachable' - where the phone is off, malfunctioning or out of range, then diverts will be activated.
- 'Busy' - where the phone is being used and another call comes in.
4. Can I still leave a VM message?
Yes you can, you will be advised to do so after the beep, where normal rates will apply.
5. If I call a digicel number at 11PM tonight and leave a 1min voice mail message, what would be my charge?
You will be charge at 1t/sec call rate. So it will be charged at K0.60
7. Will I be charged for retrieving my voice mail messages?
No you will not be charged for call 555.
8. How do I subscribe to voice mail service?
Customers can call our call center and ask a CC agent to activate voice mail service
9. How do I personalize my Voicemail?
Simply dial 555 and follow the instructions. We recommend that you change your default password from 1234 to an easily remembered number.
10. How long are my messages saved for?
You can store unread voicemail messages for 30 days and you can store read messages for up to 17 days. Once you have passed these times, you messages will be deleted from your phone.
12. How do I leave a voice message on someone’s phone?
To leave a voicemail just call the person, if for some reason you do not get the person and their voicemail divert is active, you will be given the option to leave a message or hang up.
13. How many Voicemail Messages fit in VM Mailbox?
Subscriber can store up to 20 messages or 5 minutes worth of messages, whichever comes first.
14. How is VM charged?
Voicemail is charges as on the normal rate voice charges.