1. What is Magic Voice?
Magic Voice is a subscription-based Digicel service that allows users to change the sound of their voice while making a mobile call to any Digicel number. The users can change their voice during calls to sound like a cartoon character, king and a woman. Additional options are to change the background sounds to romantic music, rugby stadium ambience or traffic ambience.
2. What are the benefits of Magic Voice?
It is handset independent and will work on any phone. It will let you speak to your friends and family in a voice of your choice.
· It brings back fun into your voice calls! Surprise and entertain the people you are calling with Magic Voice calls.
· Laughter is the best medicine! Make your loved ones laugh hard with Digicel’s Magic Voice.
3. Who can use the Magic Voice service?
Magic Voice is open to all Digicel prepaid and postpaid customers.
4. How can I subscribe or unsubscribe to Magic Voice?
Subscription to Magic Voice is simple and can be activated through either of the following:
· IVR – new user dials 16338 toll-free to subscribe.
· IVR + FRIEND NUMBER – new user who has not opted-in before dials 338+FRIENDNUMBER directly and is prompted to subscribe to proceed;
· SMS – new user texts MAGIC to short code 16338.
· OBD – Promotional calls
· Customer Care – customer care representative can subscribe a MSISDN to the service via the Self-care interface.
Reply trigger messages (2) upon subscription:
“Thank you for subscribing to MagicVoice. To make a Magic Voice call, dial 338 followed by your friends Digicel mobile number e.g. 338xxxxxxxx. 20t/day”
“Use Magic Voice responsibly. To unsubscribe, text STOP to 16338. Applicable call rates will apply only when called party picks up the call. Conditions apply.”
Current Magic Voice users can be opted-out of the service using either of the following
· IVR – existing user dials 16338 and goes to Other Options to unsubscribe.
· IVR + FRIEND NUMBER – existing user dials 338+FRIENDNUMBER directly and is prompted to press 0 for other options.
· SMS – existing user texts STOP to short code 16338.
· Customer Care – customer care representative can unsubscribe a MSISDN from the service via the Self-care interface.
Reply trigger messages once unsubscribed:
“We are sorry to see you go. Your subscription has been deactivated. To start the Magic Voice fun again, please dial 16338 or text MAGIC to 16338.”
All texts or calls dialed to short code 16338 is free.
5. What is the subscription fee?
Subscription fee is 20t (GST inclusive) and valid for 24 hours.
Once the subscription fee is paid for/renewed, the customer can enjoy the Magic Voice service for 24 hours.
All calls using Magic Voice will be charged the normal applicable call rates only when the called party picks up the call.
Reply trigger messages upon subscription: “You have been successfully renewed to MAGIC VOICE. Dial 338[FRIENDNUMBER] and ENJOY your NEW VOICES every time. E.g. Dial 33871234567.Send Stop to 16338 to deactivate Magic Voice”.
6. How does it work?
Once subscribed, users can use Magic Voice by;
· Putting the prefix 338 before the 8-digit Digicel mobile number of the called party e.g. 338<friend’s number> (33871234567)
· Then listen to the Magic Voice prompts to make a selection:
a) Press 1 for Cartoon Voice
b) Press 2 for King’s Voice
c) Press 3 for Female Voice
d) Press 4 for Romantic music background
e) Press 5 for Rugby Stadium background
f) Press 6 for Traffic background
g) Press 0 for other options
Magic Voice calls can only be made to Digicel mobile numbers.
Magic Voice calls cannot be made to off-net and overseas numbers.
7. Can I change my voice to other available Magic Voices during a live call?
Yes you can! You can press any option between 1 & 6 to change the sound of your voice, or the background of your call.
8. Can I change back to my original voice during a live call?
Yes you can! During the live call, simply press 0 and your friend will start hearing your normal voice again.
9. What happens if the Magic Voice user does not press a button to choose a voice option?
Once subscribed, users who dial the prefix 338<friend’s number> will always be given an option to select a voice option. If a wrong or no option is made after the user is prompted to do so, the default voice (cartoon) will be selected and the call would be patched through with the default voice option.
10. What happens if I don’t have sufficient balance e.g. 20t at time of renewal of the daily subscription?
You will not be able to use the service.
11. What will the receiver of the Magic Voice call see on the caller ID?
The receiver of the Magic Voice call or B-party will still see the calling party’s (A-party) 8 digit Digicel mobile number therefore, reducing eliminating serious and dangerous prank calls.
Users with Restricted numbers will not be allowed to use the service.
12. What happens if the receiver of the Magic Voice does not want to receive Magic Voice calls?
The receiver of the Magic Voice call or B-party can call Digicel’s Customer Care and request to be added to the DND List for Magic Voice.
This means that once his/her number is added to the DND List for Magic Voice, he will no longer receive any Magic Voice calls.
In the same way, Magic Voice users who dial 338 followed by his/her number will hear this prompt:
“Hi welcome to Digicel’s Magic Voice! Dear Customer, the Digicel mobile number you have dialed has chosen not to receive Magic Voice calls. Please dial the number without 338. Thank you.”
If the customer decides to be removed from the DND List for Magic Voice, he/she can call Customer Care to have their mobile number removed from the list.