1. What is the difference between Credit Me and Credit U?
Credit Me allows Digicel prepaid customers to request credit from another Digicel Prepaid or Postpaid customer.
Credit U allows Digicel Prepaid or Postpaid customers to transfer credit to Digicel prepaid customers.
2. Are Credit Me and Credit U separate services?
Yes. Either can be used independently.
A Credit Me is sent by prepaid customers wishing to receive funds (i.e. requesting funds).
The recipient of the Credit Me is not obligated to respond by sending a Credit U.
They may use any other available top up method to honor the request – e.g. Top U Up.
Postpaid customers CANNOT SEND a Credit Me.
3. If a CREDIT ME was not sent can I still receive a CREDIT U?
Yes. You can receive a CREDIT U from someone though a CREDIT ME was not sent.
Remember CREDIT ME / CREDIT U are independent services.
4. Why is Digicel introducing this product?
Credit Me will address cases of need when access to other top up methods is limited/unavailable.
5. What amounts (voucher denominations) can I request using the Credit Me?
You are not required to request or transfer credit according to the voucher denominations that are currently available.
You can request and receive any variable amount greater than or equal to EC$5 and equal to our less than EC$200.
John would like to request EC$150.00 from Sue (393-1234).
John will send “*127*16643931234*150#” to request EC$150.00 from Sue.
6. Is there a maximum amount of funds that can be requested by a Credit Me transaction?
Yes. The maximum amount of top up credit a user can request is EC$200.
7. Is there a limit to the amount of Credit Me for me to use in a day?
Yes. You have a maximum of 10 Credit Me requests per day. If you attempt to exceed this amount you would get an error message:
“You have exceeded your maximum request. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you”
8. What is the maximum amount of funds that can be requested via a Credit Me transaction?
None, there is no limit to the amount of funds that can be requested in a given day.
9. Can I request or transfer non-whole dollars?
No. These messages do not allow the entry of decimal points. Amounts requested and transferred must be in whole dollars.
10. Are there any criteria that I need to meet to send a Credit Me?
Yes. Only prepaid customers, with balances less than EC$10, or with expired airtime or service dates are allowed to send Credit Me requests.
11. What is the short code for the Credit Me?
Credit Me is a USSD service, the short codes to use the services are:
Credit Me: *128*1664XXXXXXX*amount requested # SEND
Mary’s prepaid number is 16643931234. She wants to request EC$50.00 from John – John’s number is 16643931234. To request the funds, Mary simply sends the following USSD string to John’s number:
12. Is there a service fee or any other charge for sending a Credit Me?
No. There would be no cost attached to send a Credit Me.
13. Am I required to register or be provisioned for the service?
All prepaid customers will be automatically provisioned to send Credit Me requests.
Individual Postpaid customers will be blacklisted (i.e. restricted) from using the Credit Me service.