How do I sign up for a LTE plan?
To continue to access LTE speeds customers are encouraged to sign up for one of Digicel’s existing prepaid data plans via MyDigicel App, MyDigicel Web or *140# and follow the prompts. Once you complete the activation process you will receive an SMS confirming activation.
- Using the MyDigicel App or MyDigicel Web
- Download the MyDigicel App from the Play or App Store for your handset. Once the MyDigicel App is launched, customers are required to sign-in with Digicel ID (Auto-Login will activate if customer has a valid Digicel number and is connected to mobile data) if the service was not completed prior.
- Once logged in, customers will be required to scroll to the plan option and select the preferred plan to activate.
- Upon successful activation, customers will receive a confirmation SMS along with a notification message displayed on the MyDigicel App.
Will I need credit on my account to access LTE Data?
Customers are required to have credit to be able to activate a data plan or access at Pay As You Go rates of ECD$0.40/MB.
Will the plans renew?
Yes. Customers will receive a notification 2 days and 1 day before their Prepaid LTE plan expires advising that their plan will auto renew.
- If at expiry the customer has sufficient credit, the plan will auto renew.
- If the customer had insufficient credit at plan expiry plan auto renewal would fail and the Prepaid LTE Plan ends.
- Customers will also be able to opt out of auto-renewal via UMM or the My Digicel App or the My Digicel Web.
What rate do I pay if I use my phone as a modem or hotspot with a computer (i.e. Tethering)?
Tethering is charged from the available data bundles allotted to your selected data plan. If a data plan is not activated, data consumption will be charged at Pay As You Go rates of ECD $0.40/MB.
Can I use my Non-GPRS compatible handset to access LTE Data Bundles?
Only LTE Band 17 (700MHz) devices can be used to access LTE speeds.
Can I use a Data Card, USB modem, MIFI device to access Digicel LTE?
The device must be unlocked and compatible with LTE Band 17 (700MHz); a USB modem that uses SIM cards.
Am I able to use LTE data services when I roam outside of St. Lucia?
Prepaid data roaming is automatically enabled for prepaid customers. Your ability to access LTE data speeds when roaming is dependent on the data capability of the roaming network. Post-paid customers should contact customer care to have roaming enabled prior to departing.
What should I do if I am unable to access LTE Speeds?
- Verify that your SIM is LTE compatible and if not, please visit a Digicel location for a SIM replacement.
- Verify that LTE coverage is available in your area
- Confirm that the network settings on the handset are set to LTE
- Verify the APN is set to internet.oecs
- Ensure that the handset is LTE capable with Band 17 (700MHz) by using our device checker on our website.
- Verify that a data plan is activated, or that there is sufficient credit.
What if I have a non-LTE device, will I get high-speed mobile data as well?
You will enjoy the same 4G speed, dependent on your device capabilities. If you would like to get the Digicel LTE experience, please visit your nearest Digicel store for a range of LTE-compatible devices.
Do I need to be on a data plan to access LTE data speeds?
Customers who do not have an active data plan can also access LTE data speeds at our Pay as Your Go rates depending on selected plan within the LTE coverage areas. We recommend that our customers sign up to a data plan while using LTE services in order to avoid any unplanned expenses at Pay As You Go rates.
Additional Terms and Conditions
• This product is offered for the personal use of individuals and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Any usage at all by an individual that, in Digicel’s sole discretion, is intended for financial gain or profit by you or by groups of individuals will result in the immediate termination of this promotion.
• Digicel reserves the right to terminate your use of this product forthwith without notice if, in its sole opinion, the promotion is being abused by you.
• Digicel reserves the right and at its discretion, to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) this product being offered to its customers.
• Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without the notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of its product. In the event of Digicel giving notice to customers of any such changes to or cancellation of the Product, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notification.
• Customers should be solely responsible for keeping their mobile handset properly secured and for all activations and other activities that occur on or through their mobile handsets. Any request made via the use of a USSD code from a mobile handset shall be deemed a legitimate request from the customer to whom the said mobile handset is registered. Digicel shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of a customer’s handset.
• Subject to the above, the standard Prepaid and 4GLTE terms and conditions shall apply.