The ICT Support Technician provides technical support and assistance for all business
solutions customers. Undertakes diagnosis and resolution of technical problems and may work
directly with the customer and or vendors (via telephone, email, chat room or instant message)
to resolve. The ICT support technician also is responsible for the compilation of incident &
various network and platform performance reports. Reports would be compiled by the Managed
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Attend, resolve, and report on all logged requests.
· Perform hands-on configuration & staging, installation, evaluation and interconnection of
various network equipment
· Troubleshoot and resolve network and customer premise equipment issues
· Provide on-site support for Second and Third Level NOC Support Engineers
· Maintains infrastructure equipment including servers, routers, firewalls and other related
hardware and software
· Work with vendors to troubleshoot and optimize ICT services
· Perform and document network changes and suggest network improvements and
· Keep the Service Delivery Manager and/or Managed Service Desk informed at all times
regarding system administration/escalation.
· Responsible for liaising with customer IT leads in relation to incident reports/resolution for both business as usual and any project assigned.
· Performs related work: the duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the
various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical
assignment to that position.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR JOB:
· 2 to 5 years relevant experience
· Professional ITC certification such as CCNA, CompTIA Network + and Fortinet NSE
· Telecoms experience is required with in-depth knowledge of ICT products and all associated hardware
· Strong TCP/IP background and networking skills
· Experience in Cisco equipment and management systems would be an asset
· Knowledge and experience with network architecture and equipment (routers, switches,
hubs, firewalls, servers and related management systems, structured cabling)
· Trouble shooting and analytical skills
· Comfortable with dealing with all levels of management
· Highly motivated and attention to detail.
· Challenging self-starter
· Determined, persistent and hard working
· Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)