VOICEMAIL AND DIVERTS
1. What are Call Diverts?
A call divert is a feature provided by Digicel that allows voice calls sent to a phone number to be diverted to another phone number.
2. Why would I want to set diverts?
The main reason diverts are used is to allow you to leave a message if you miss a call. This means that diverts are usually set to your voicemail. Another reason is if you know you won't be near your cell phone and you want your calls to go to another number that you will be closer to.
3. What types of diverts are there?
There are four different diverts that you can set to your number, these are diverts for;
- 'All Calls' - where your phone won't ring even if it is on, the call goes straight to the divert number.
- 'No Answer' - where the phone rings and no one answers, then diverts will be activated.
- 'Unreachable' - where the phone is off, malfunctioning or out of range, then diverts will be activated.
- 'Busy' - where the phone is being used and another call comes in.
4. What is 'Call Waiting' and how does it affect diverts?
Call Waiting is another feature provided by Digicel that allows you to be on two calls at once. When you are on a call and another one comes in, you will hear a beep and have the option to take that call even though you were already on a call. How this affects your diverts is that the diverts for busy calls won't occur unless you are on two calls and a third one comes in. To turn on the call Waiting feature dial *43# SEND and to deactivate Call Waiting dial #43# SEND from the main screen of your phone.
5. How do I activate/deactivate call diverts?
A simple way to set diverts from your cell phone is to enter a few codes on the main screen of your phone just as if you were checking your credit balance. Please refer to table A in the sheet.
6. What is the voicemail number?
Your voicemail number is 3800077. Therefore, if you want to set diverts to your voicemail, you will use the above codes with the voicemail number. E.g. **21*18763800077# SEND, is to activate voicemail diverts. It is important to note that you must place the 1 + area code before the number as it is possible to set diverts to other countries.