MYDIGICEL SELF-CARE APP
1. What is the ‘My Digicel’ App?
The ‘My Digicel’ app is currently available for Android devices via Google Play store, and Blackberry devices via Blackberry World. This app is FREE of cost. This app gives all Digicel prepaid and postpaid customers access to self-help features, allowing them to:
- View Main Account balance.
- View Bonus Account balance(s).
- Purchase Data/Voice plans.
- Send Credit via Credit U to friends and family.
- Enable and disable Digicel More feature.
- Access Digicel’s *137 How To Help Guide.
Note: This app may also be used via Wi-Fi. Once this app is downloaded, all sections of this app will be charge free EXCEPT the ‘What’s New’ section, which is subject to regular data charges.
2. What type of device can be used to access the ‘My Digicel’ App?
This app is available on Android devices with operating system version 2.3 or greater and Blackberry devices with operating system 5 or greater, excluding operating system 10.
3. How do I download and install the ‘My Digicel’ App?
The following are required to ensure a sucessful download of the Application:
- Android Devices.
- Go to Google Play Store, search for ‘My Digicel’ and select ‘Install’.
- Click on ‘Download’ then ‘Accept & download’.
- When download is completed, click on ‘Install’ then ‘Open’.
- Blackberry Devices.
- Go to Blackberry World, search for ‘My Digicel’ and select ‘Download’.
- When Download is completed, click ‘Open’ to launch app.
4. Once the app is installed, how do I register?
On the Main Screen of the App, click on ‘Create a Digicel ID’
- A ‘Digicel ID’ is your mobile number and password used to create a secure account with Digicel. It may be used to log in to applications.
such as your ‘MyDigicel’ account.
- Enter the required fields (with an asterisk *)– ‘Country’ ,‘Mobile Number’, ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘Password’ and ‘Confirm Password’.
- ‘Email’ is optional.
- Password must be at least six (6) characters.
- ‘Password’ and ‘Confirm Password’ MUST match.
- Click on ‘Create Account’.
- Account will be successfully registered.
5. Am I able to register another mobile number?
Yes. When registering another mobile number, a verification code will be sent via SMS to that number. You MUST enter that verification code and Click on ‘Verify’ in order to proceed with registration.
6. How do I log into the ‘My Digicel’ App?
To log into the Application, please follow the below steps:
- Launch the ‘My Digicel’ app.
- Select the option ‘Connect with your Digicel ID’.
- Enter your ‘Mobile Number’ and ‘Password’.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Home Page will be displayed.
7. I have forgotten my login password, what should I do?
If you have forgotten your password, please do the following:
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- Enter mobile number or email address then click on ‘Request to reset’.
- You will then be prompted to enter the verification code sent via SMS.
- Once the correct code is entered, you will be prompted to enter a new password.
- Enter and confirm new password then click on ‘Submit’.
- Password will be successfully changed.
- For Blackberry devices ‘Forgot Password’ option is access by pressing the Blackberry button.
8. How do I log out of the ‘My Digicel’ app?
To log out of App:
- Android phone: you are required to click on the settings icon and select ‘Logout’.
- Blackberry phone: you are required to press the Blackberry menu button and from the menu list select ‘Logout’.
9. What information is displayed when I click on ‘My Balance’?
If you are a prepaid customer and select ‘My Balance’, all balances associated with your account are displayed. Each tab shows the following information displayed:
- Main Balance: You can use this credit to make calls, send SMS, browse the internet or buy Digicel plans.
- Data Remaining (If customer has an active data plan): This is the data you have remaining in your data bundle.
- Credit Limit: This is the total amount you can use on your account before your service is Credit Limit barred. (NOT including GCT & STC tax).
- Last Invoice Amount: This is the last amount you were billed for.
- Amount Owing: This is a total of your last invoice amount and month-to-date charges, including GCT & STC tax.
- Other Mobile/Intl: These minutes are used to call Other Networks and International numbers.
- Digi to Digi/Landline: These minutes are used to call Digicel and Landline numbers only.
- On Net SMS: This is the number of SMS you have remaining on your account and may be used to send text messages to Digicel numbers.
- International Minutes: This shows the amount of minutes you have remaining on your International Call plan.
- Bonus Balance: This shows the bonus credit you have associated with your account.
- Online top up: This will allow you to add credit to your account directly.
10. What is displayed when I select the Digicel More App?
Once the feature is enabled and a call/s has been made to trigger End of Call Offers, the offer will be displayed.
11. What is the Digicel More App?
The Digicel More app allows companies’ advertisements of products and services to customers who have downloaded Digicel More app onto smartphones and opted into the service. Once you opted into the service, you will receive an advertisement from one of the participating companies after every incoming or outgoing call. You may also choose to read and then close the message, save the advertisement to their device or redeem an offer received in the advertisement (where applicable). The ability (where applicable) to select the advert and be routed directly to the official website will also me available.
12. How do I activate ‘Digicel More’ via the My Digicel App?
From the MyDigicel home screen, you would:
- Click the menu button and select Settings.
- Settings page is displayed with option to enable Digicel More.
- Enable Digicel More by clicking on the check box.
13. Are there any charges associated with the use of the app?
- No, once you have an active data plan the data bundle they will be used to support the app.
- Can the App be used without an active Data Plan?
- Yes, you will still receive the pop up adds at the end of making or receiving a call.
Note: You will be charged regular data rates of KYD$ 40/MB for selecting advertisements that include hyperlinks to external websites.