DIGICEL PLAYGO 2GB PROMOTION
Terms and Conditions
These Digicel PlayGo 2GB Promotion Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to you and govern your access to, and use of, the PlayGo mobile application (the “App”) during the Promotional Period (defined below). You should read these Terms carefully before using the App.
“We” or “us” means DIGICEL VENTURES INC. a company incorporated in Delaware, having its registered office at 701 Waterford Way, Suite 450, Miami, Florida. References to “we, “our” and “us” in these Terms also includes our subsidiaries and affiliates (“Affiliates”) from time to time.
“You” means the Digicel customer, with an Active account[RIM1] , accessing or using the App, or viewing or listening to its content (and “your” shall have the same meaning).
By accessing or using the App, whether occasionally, frequently or permanently, or by otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you do not agree to, or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using this App immediately.
1. What is the Digicel PlayGo 2GB Promotion?
From September 22, 2020 until October 21, 2020 (the “Promotional Period”), we are offering access to select content on the App, with a special daily data allotment of 2GB for our Digicel customers at no cost. This means that you can access up to 2GB per day of content on the App without using your main data allowance or mobile credit.
This Promotion is only available to customers with an Active account, as defined below. Your account may be in one of four states:
1. Active – Your account becomes active once you have made or received your first call using your preinstalled credit given by Digicel. You must thereafter recharge/top up your account to keep it active. The number of days your account remains active is dependent on the value of the top-up purchased.
2. Inactive – Your account becomes inactive when you have utilized all the credit added to your account/the entire value of your top-up. In this state, you can receive calls or SMS (text messages) but you cannot use a paid Service. You can only call emergency numbers, toll free numbers and Customer Care as well as your fast recharge number to top up your account,
3. Deactive – Your account moves into this state when your credit has expired. In this state, you can receive calls and SMS (text messages), however you cannot use a paid Service. You can only call emergency numbers, toll free numbers and Customer Care as well as your fast recharge number to top-up your account.
4. Expired – Your account becomes expired if there is no sim activity or if you fail to recharge your account for 120 days. At this point your account will be terminated and you will be removed from the Network. Your number and any credit on your account will be lost. You may not transfer any credit balance to a third party and Digicel will not be liable to compensate you for this loss. [RIM2]
3. How does the Digicel PlayGo 2GB Promotion work?
To access the App, you simply download the application to your mobile device. You then create, or sign in with, a FastLogin ID. Once you are logged in, during the Promotional Period, you will be able stream content on the App at no cost to you until you have exhausted your daily data allotment.
4. What happens if I exhaust my data allotment?
If you use up all of the promotional PlayGo daily data allotment, you may still access the content. However, you will be responsible for your data usage until the next day. You may use your main data allowance, mobile credit or Wi-Fi until your allotment renews the following day.
5. What happens when the Promotion ends?
After the end of the Promotional Period, all users will continue to have access to our content, however, data usage charges will apply. Before the end of the Promotional Period, you will be notified so that you can choose to :
a. have access to all of our content at a charge; or
b. access certain select content at no charge.
At any time during the Promotional Period or at the end of it you are free to delete the App and stop accessing it.
6. Data Protection
Your use of this Promotion is governed by our Privacy Notice which can be found here.
Additional Terms and Conditions
A. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you remain bound by the Terms and Conditions of the App.
B. For customer support, or to report a problem or send us your feedback, please visit the “Contact Us” option on the App or the My Digicel App.
C. This product is offered for your personal use and not for commercial use.
D. You are solely responsible for maintaining an Active account [RIM3] and all associated fees and costs incurred by you for connectivity and data usage in relation to your use of the App. Be reminded that once roaming, you will not be able to use any data from your local prepaid or select postpaid plans.
E. We reserve the right to terminate this offer if, in our sole opinion, the App is being abused, such abuse to include but not be limited to reselling or attempts to resell the content, whether on a commercial basis or otherwise, general abuse deemed as an attempt to undermine the integrity of our services.
F. We reserve the right to modify, extend or discontinue (permanently or temporarily), this Promotion being offered to you at our discretion.
G. We reserve the right to, at any time, with or without notice, vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this product. In the event of us giving notice to you of any such changes to or cancellation of the Service, it shall suffice for us to give you notice via messages to your handset/device or to post such notification on the Digicel website or the App. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
H. You accept that certain content on the App may not be available in your country or in your preferred language due to contractual licensing restrictions. Please note that content available in your current location may become unavailable to you if you travel to another location in which content is restricted.
I. You accept that if you port your number or if the number used for your account is found to no longer be a Digicel number, your data allotment will be immediately terminated along with all other Digicel Services.
J. The terms and conditions which apply to any plan are those published on the App at the time that you activate your plan. These will only apply for the plan duration. If you manually or automatically activate a plan that you have previously activated, then the terms and conditions that apply are those published at the time of your most recent activation.