**Terms and conditions apply.
3. How do I activate a Prepaid MiFi plan?
Activating a Prepaid MiFi plan is simple and easy. You can dial *147*8# into your phone or MiFi user portal, or visit the My Digicel app at p.mydigicel.net.
4. Can I purchase add-on data with my MiFi plan?
No, you will not be able to purchase add-on data for your MiFi plan. However, you may repurchase any of the available MiFi plans by dialling *147*8# or via the My Digicel app at p.mydigicel.net, using your MiFi account.
5. Are Prepaid MiFi plans available to all customers?
Yes, any customer can sign up for a Prepaid MiFi plan by visiting an authorised Digicel Store with the required documents and paying the device fee. The customer can then activate the desired MiFi plan to begin enjoying their new service.
6. Do I have to use the MiFi device I purchased upon signing up for my Prepaid plan to access the MiFi service or can I use any other handset?
Yes, MiFi plans purchased by the customer can only be used in conjunction with the MiFi device which the customer received upon signing up for the relevant Prepaid MiFi plan.
7. What documentation do I need to sign up for a Prepaid MiFi plan?
To activate a Prepaid MiFi plan/account, customers are required to carry the following to an authorised Digicel Store:
- A valid government-issued photo ID
8. How does my MiFi plan work?
The MiFi plan is a data only plan where you are given a data allotment which is valid for the duration of that plan. This data can roll over once the plan is:
2. Renewed prior to expiry
3. Renewed within 24 hours of expiry
After activating the MiFi service, you will have the opportunity to use the MiFi device as an internet hotspot. MiFi devices work similarly to an internet router, so in order to share your data with other devices, you will have to enter the password on each device to connect.
9. How many devices can be connected to my MiFi service at the same time as a hotspot?
Customers who activate the MiFi plan can have a maximum of 10 devices connected at the same time. Customers are not permitted to charge others to access their MiFi service.
10. What is night-time data?
Customers who purchase the 10GB MiFi plan will receive a 10GB night-time bonus data allocation. This bonus data is only available for use from 11:00PM to 6:00AM each day while your 10GB MiFi Prepaid plan is active. However, customer’s unused night-time data allocation does not rollover and becomes unavailable for use at 6:00AM each day.
11. If my regular data is 100% depleted, can I still use my night-time bonus data?
Yes, once you have a night-time bonus balance left on your account, you will be able to use your night-time data between the applicable hours of 11:00PM and 6:00AM while your plan is active.
12. If my night-time bonus data is 100% depleted, can I use my regular data allocation at night?
Yes, once you have a data balance left on your MiFi account, you will be able to use this data to browse at any time of the day or night.
13. Does my data rollover with my Prepaid MiFi plan?
Yes. All unused data (excluding the night-time bonus data) will rollover to your new MiFi plan once it is:
- Renewed prior to expiry, or
- Renewed within 24 hours of expire
14. How many times can I rollover my available data?
You can rollover your available data as many times as you have data remaining and as long as your plan is renewed on time.
15. How can I check the data balance of my plan? T
There are three ways to check your remaining MiFi data:
- Via your mobile phone - Insert the MiFi sim into your phone and dial *147*8# in your phone to view the MiFi service menu.
- Via your web browser - Enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 into your web browser and navigate through the MiFi user portal to use the USSD tab and dial *147*8# to view the MiFi service menu.
- Via the My Digicel app - Please ensure that you switch from your prepaid mobile account to your MiFi account on the My Digicel app to see your MiFi prepaid data balance.
16. Can I make or receive calls with my MiFi device or with the MiFi plan?
Yes. You will be able to make or receive calls from your MiFi sim.
17. Am I able to use the data while roaming?
No, if you activate a MiFi plan and you travel outside of your country (roaming) you will not be able to use any data from your plan.
18. Can I cancel my MiFi plan after signing up?
No, you cannot cancel a MiFi plan once it has been activated. However, you can choose to not renew your MiFi plan once it has expired.
19. What will happen when my Prepaid MiFi plan data allotment is fully depleted?
To improve your experience, you will not incur any overage charges once your data allotment is fully depleted. You will not be able to access data and connectivity will not be available, however, you can purchase a new MiFi plan via *147*8# or p.mydigicel.net to continue using data. Please ensure that you switch to your MiFi account when trying to access available MiFi plans via the My Digicel app.
20. When my MiFi plan expires do I have to return my device?
No, if you do not renew your MiFi plan you do not have to return your MiFi device. Customers have the option to resume usage of their MiFi service and can do so by simply activating a new MiFi plan. If you choose not to repurchase a MiFi plan, once your data is fully depleted, you will no longer be able to access data therefore service connectivity will be unavailable.
21. What happens if my device stops working?
If the MiFi device stops working due to the fault of the customer, whether by damage, lack of care or misuse etc., the customer will have to purchase a replacement device to continue using the service. Where the device goes faulty or stops working due to a manufacturing defect during the first 12 months Digicel will replace it free of charge.