7. How do I activate a minutes/data add-on?
The better way is to use the My Digicel app at p.mydigicel.net . You could also dial *147# for the Prepaid Service Menu.
8. What can I do with a 1GB or 50 MB data add-on?
Anything you like! Use it to browse, stream, chat, or update your favourite apps and websites.
9. How will I know when my add-on is active?
We'll send you a message to confirm that you’re good to go. Just remember that your add-on will expire at the same time as your current bundle. The message will look like this:
“Your 50MB data add-on is active & can be activated multiple times. It will expire along with your bundle. To check balance dial *147# or visit p.mydigicel.net”
The 1GB data add-on will be valid for up to 2 days, and the activation message will look like this:
“Your 1GB data add-on is active and expires in 2 days or along with your current active data plan/bundle. Check your balance at a.mydigicel.net or dial *147#”.
10. If my Data + Voice bundle expires, can I keep using my add-on?
Unfortunately, the 50MB data or 100MB social or 50 Mins add-ons will expire when your bundle or plan expires. If you have a 1GB data dd-On however, you will be able to continue using the add-on once another Data & Talk bundle or Data only plan is activated (before the add-on has expired).
11. How long are the data and minutes add-ons valid for?
The 50MB Data, 100MB social and 50 mins voice add-ons are valid for the duration of your Data + Voice Bundle. The 1GB data add-on is valid for up to 2 days, meaning, if you activate this add-on on the last day of your bundle or plan, you will be able to continue using the add-on up to then end of its 2-day validity once another bundle or plan is activated.
12. Can I rollover unused data from my 1GB data add-on?
No, unfortunately your data will be valid for 2 days only.
13. If my bundle or plan expires before my 1GB add-on can I still use the add-on?
No, you can only use the data from your 1GB add-on if your bundle or plan is active.
14. What d’Music experience will I have with Data + Voice Bundle?
d’Music is not included in Data + Voice bundles. However, you can search the My Digicel app for great deals on d’Music streaming.
15. What happens when the megabytes from my Data + Voice bundle are finished?
You'll receive a friendly text message giving you options to renew your bundle or buy more megabytes or minutes (we call them ‘Add-ons’) for as low as JMD $50 for 100MB of social media data; or, 50MB of ‘any use’ data; or 50 Digicel minutes.
16. What happens when the minutes from my Data + Voice bundle are finished?
We’ll send you a text message showing you how to buy 50 local anywhere minutes for $50. Not interested? You’ll then pay for calls at JMD 6.50 per minute for the rest of the plan or after it expires.
17. How many times per month can these bundles be activated?
As many times as you wish. As long as you have enough credit, you can choose a new Data + Voice bundle, even while you have an existing plan or bundle. Each bundle will keep their original expiry date.
18. Will I incur charges once my data is finished and my plan is still active?
Remember, no surprises. Pay no overage charges once you are on an active Data + Voice bundle or Data plan. To use data out of bundle, you can opt-in to pay the standard rate of JMD $20/MB for up to 5 megabytes within a 24 hour period.
19. Can I activate another Data + Voice bundle if I already have one active?
Sure, when you activate another Data + Voice Bundle while one is already active, you'll receive all the benefits of the new bundle in addition to the benefits of the current bundle. Your Data and Voice from the first bundle activation will simply roll over to the new bundle.
20. Who can benefit from the new Data + Voice bundle?
All Digicel prepaid customers can enjoy the value and convenience of our new Data + Voice bundle.
21. If I am on a call while using my Data + Voice bundle, and my minutes run out, what happens to my call?
No worries, if you're on a Digicel to Digicel call you can keep talking. Your call will not disconnect. However, you will be charged for the remaining portion of the call at standard rates of $6.50 per minute.
22. Will my available minutes/data on my current Data + Voice bundle rollover to the new bundles?
Sure. With rollover you get to keep your unused megabytes and minutes up to 12GBs and 4000 minutes when you activate a new Data + Voice bundle within 24 hours of expiry of the current one. However, if your bundle auto-renews or you repurchase your bundle before it expires, you can rollover any amount of available data and minutes.
23. Will I be reminded about my rollover data and minutes?
Yes. You’ll receive bundle expiry alerts 8 hours before your unused data expires on the day after bundle expiry. The final alert will let you know that your unused megabytes and minutes have expired. Don’t let this happen to you. Always renew within 24 hours.
24. What happens if I choose not to activate a Data + Voice bundle?
Standard call charge of JMD $6.50 per minute will apply for calls to any local network, USA, Canada, China, India and landlines in the UK and Spain. Pay-as-you-go data will be charged at our new low rate of JMD $20 per megabyte.
25. What happens if the megabytes in my data plan are depleted before the plan expires?
Remember, no surprises. You will not pay overage charges. Instead, you can purchase a new Data + Voice bundle or a 50MB data Add-On for JMD $50 to stay connected.
26. Where can I call with my Digicel bundle minutes?
The voice minutes from your Data + Voice bundle can be used to make calls to any local Digicel number.
27. Does my data and minutes from the expired Data + Voice Bundle rollover on to my active Data + Voice bundle?
Yes, the unused data and minutes from your current Data + Voice bundle will rollover to your new bundle, as long as you purchase the new one within 24 hours of the old bundle being expired. The amount of data and minutes that you can rollover will be capped at 12GBs and 4000 minutes if you renew your plan after it has expired. Renew your plan before it expires to enjoy unlimited rollover amounts on your data and minutes.
28. How will I be notified when my Data + Voice bundle expires?
You will receive a friendly reminder letting you know that your bundle is about to expire. If you do not activate a new Data + Voice bundle, we'll send you another reminder, just in case you forgot.
29. Does the Data + Voice bundle automatically renew?
Yes, your Data + Voice bundle will auto-renew as long as there is sufficient credit on your account. We encourage you to top-up at t.mydigicel.net or dial *121# from your phone.
30. Can I opt-out of auto-renew?
Sure. Dial *147# or use the My Digicel App p.mydigicel.net to view and manage your plan.
31. Am I able to use my Data + Voice bundle after it expires?
No, only unused data and minutes will be valid for use once you renew your bundle within 48 hours of expiry of the old one.
32. How do I check the remaining megabytes and minutes on my Data + Voice bundle?
You have two ways:
- Service Menu: *147# to see your available minutes and/or data balances.
- My Digicel App – click on the app and go to ‘Accounts and Balances’.
33. I have unused data/minutes from my Quick Pick bundle, how do I keep them (rollover)?
Rollover unused data/minutes by renewing your current bundle or purchasing a higher value bundle before your plan expires or within the 24-hour grace period.
34. I have unused data/minutes from my Data + Talk bundle, how do I keep them (rollover)?
Rollover your unused data/minutes by renewing your current bundle or purchasing a higher value bundle before your plan expires or within the 24-hour grace period
35. I have unused data from my Quick Pick bundle, will my data rollover if I purchase a Data + Talk bundle or vice-versa?
Yes. You get to keep what’s yours. You can rollover up to 12GBs of data from your Quick Pick to a Data + Talk bundle once the new bundle is activated within the 24-hour grace period.
36. I have unused minutes from my Quick Pick Bundle, will my minutes rollover if I purchase a Data + Talk bundle or vice-versa?
You will enjoy the use of your Quick Pick or Data + Talk bundle minutes for the duration of the plan however, minutes are not transferable. You can enjoy rollover minutes from your Quick Pick bundle by purchasing an equal or higher Quick Pick bundle. The same applies for Data + Talk bundle minutes.
37. If I have a Quick Pick and Data + Talk bundle activated at the same time, which of my minutes will be used first?
The plan with the shorter duration will be used first. This will give you more time to use all your minutes on the bundle with a longer duration.
38. I just bought a Data + Voice Bundle, how do I watch Live TV on PlayGo?
Firstly, make sure you have PlayGo and the My Digicel App downloaded on your mobile device. If not, go to the Android Play Store or Apple App Store to get them. Once downloaded, you'll then set your PlayGo app with your Digicel ID, p.mydigicel.net (click here to create a new Digicel ID). Once you access the app using your Digicel ID, you’ll be able to activate the 1 month subscription.