9. Will I be able to add Free Nights and Weekends to the plans that do not include this service by default?
- Yes. The Free Nights and Weekends service can be added to those plans at the cost of $350 per month.
- Calls made during the ‘Free Nights and Weekends’ period will attract Government Telephone Call Tax (TCT).
- This includes plans that include the FNW by default and those that have the service as an add-on.
10. Is there Fair Usage applied to Free Nights and Weekends?
- Yes. A maximum of 3 hours talk time is allocated within the ‘Free Nights and Weekends’ calling period.
- Calls made after this allotted 3 hours will result in charges at the prevailing rates.
- Free text messages remain at 50 SMS to be used on-net within the ‘Free Nights and Weekends’ period.
11. Will I be notified when the Free Nights and Weekends amount is exhausted?
- No. No notification is sent when the allotted talk time has been exhausted.
12. Will I benefit from Gimme 5 should I be on a call that exceeds the Free Nights allotment (3 hours) and begin charging from the available credit?
- Yes. You will receive Gimme 5 if a call depletes the 3 hours allotted and begin to charge from your available credit.
13. Will I benefit from Gimme 5 when making a call to a Digicel Play Number?
- No. All calls to a Digicel Play number are billed at $2.89 per minute, TCT and GCT added. No Gimme 5 is awarded.
14. Do I benefit from Gimme 5 as a postpaid customer?
- Yes. You will qualify for Gimme 5 on your postpaid account, however only after depleting your allotted bundles for Voice and SMS.
- Qualifying for Gimme 5, you are able to;
- Talk 5 minutes on Digi to Digi calls, get 25 FREE.
- Talk 5 minutes on International calls, get 25 FREE (Existing International destinations)
- Send 5 SMS to Digicel numbers, get 100 FREE.
15. Can I continue using data services after the allotted data bundle is depleted?
- Yes. Data services can still be used after the allotted data bundle is depleted. It will be charged at the prevailing overage rate of $10 per MB.
- Customers using the ‘MaxSMART Plan’ will not be charged for data overage. Instead the data speed throttles down to 2G, allowing continued use at no extra cost.
16. Can I request an additional data bundle if I am on a Smart plan?
- No. As at February 28, 2014, data add-on bundles are no longer available to be activated.
- As at March 1, 2014, Data Bundles on the StartSMART, GoSMART and MoreSMART plans were increased from 250MB, 500MB and 1GB respectively.
- As at August 14, 2015, Data Bundles on the MoreSMART and PremiumSMART plans were increased from 2GB and 3GB to 4GB and 5 GB respectively.
- Regular 4G Mobile Data plans are not able to be activated on SMART plans.
17. What are bundles minutes?
- Bundled minutes are pre-assigned minutes for postpaid plans. These minutes can be used to make charge-Free calls to specific destination numbers.
18. What are bundled text messages?
- Bundled text messages are pre-assigned text messages for postpaid plans. These text messages can only be used to send charge-FREE SMS to local Digicel numbers.
19. hat credit limit is assigned to the NEW plans?
- The credit limit assigned is based on the DEPOSIT made by the customer.
- The credit limit remains at the 1:2 ratio (i.e. Credit Limit = 2 x DEPOSIT)
E.g. A customer on the Smart Plan Rate Plan with a deposit of J$ 2500.00 will be assigned a credit limit of J$5000.00.
20. Is the Roll-Over Minutes feature available for Bundled Minutes?
- Yes. Bundled Minutes will continue to Roll-Over to the next month as per usual.
21. Is Roll-Over SMS feature available on the SMS bundles?
- No. The unused Digi to Digi SMS bundle do not Roll-over to the next month.