1. What is the d’Music The Carters Live promotion?
The d’Music The Carters Live promotion (the “Promotion”) is a summer flyaway competition which gives selected customers the opportunity to be flown to see The Carters (Beyoncé and Jay-Z) perform live on their On Run Tour 2 (the “Concert”) at the Hard Rock Stadium (the “Stadium”) in Miami, Florida, United States of America (“Miami”). This Promotion is authorized by the Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commission under section 58 (3) of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act.
2. How long is the Promotion?
The Promotion will run from 12:00 a.m. on 3rd August 2018 to 11:59 p.m. on 23rd August 2018 (the “Promotion Period”) local time.
3. Who can participate in the Promotion?
Only Digicel pre-paid and post-paid customers are eligible to enter the Promotion.
4. How can I enter for a chance to win?
To enter for a chance to win, customers will need to: (a) Download and subscribe to the d’Music app and (b) Stream ‘The Carters’ music from the specific playlist titled ‘The Carters Live’ provided in the d’Music app. The customer will need to listen to the full length of a song in order to complete a stream. The customer with the most streams during the Promotion Period will win.
5. How many times am I allowed to enter?
Customers can only subscribe to the d’Music app once but with this subscription they can stream as many times as they want to until the subscription and/or the Promotion ends.
6. What is the promotional prize?
The winner of the Promotion will win a package that includes:
a) Two (2) round-trip tourist class tickets for each winner and his or her companion, departing from the capital of the country of the winner’s origin on August 30, 2018 and returning to the same starting point on September 2, 2018.
b) Three (3) night’s stay hotel accommodations with double occupancy for each winner and his or her companion at a three star hotel in Miami, Florida (the “Hotel”), to be advised by Digicel.
c) Ground transportation from Miami International Airport (the “Airport”) in Miami to the Hotel on arrival, from the Hotel to the Concert at the Stadium on August 31, 2018 and from the Hotel to the Airport on return home on September 2, 2018.
d) Two (2) tickets to the Concert on August 31, 2018 at the Stadium located in Miami.
e) A stipend valued at Seventy Five United States Dollars (USD$75.00) per day, for each winner and for his or her companion.
7. How many winners will be selected?
A total of four (4) winners will be selected across the participating Digicel markets. Each winner will have the opportunity to take one (1) companion with him or her.
8. Do I need a Visa to qualify?
All Digicel pre-paid and postpaid customers are eligible to enter, however the winner must have a valid passport and United States of America visa or its equivalent (the “Travel Documents”) to claim the prize. If the winner will be accompanied by a companion, that companion must also possess valid Travel Documents, all the winners and companions must be 21 years old and over.
What are the participating markets?
There will be one (1) winner selected from Jamaica.
9. Is there an age limit on who can enter?
All the winners and companions must be over 21 years old.
10. If I am a winner but would not be able to fly on the day proposed can my ticket be reserved for a later date?
No, winners will need to be cleared to fly from August 30, 2018 to September 2, 2018. If the winner cannot fly on the proposed date, Digicel will offer the prize the next person with the most streams.
11. If I am a winner but for whatever reason cannot make the concert can I give the prize to someone else of my choice?
No. If the winner is unable to make the Concert, the winner must notify Digicel of this immediately and Digicel will offer the prize to the next person with the most streams.
12. Can I stay beyond the designated return date in the Promotion?
Yes but Digicel, Sony Music Group or its affiliates will not be responsible for the winner’s stay beyond the designated return date. Every cost associated with the extended stay will be at the cost of the customer.
13. Can I take more than one (1) companions with me?
The prize is only for one (1) winner and one (1) companion. An additional companion will be considered out of scope and at the cost of the winner and not the responsibility of Digicel, Sony Music Group or its affiliates.
14. How will I know that I have won?
The winner will receive a telephone call from a Digicel employee within three (3) business days after the day the Promotion ends. A maximum of three (3) calls will be placed to the winner between 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. local time. If no answer is received from the winner with the stipulated hour, Digicel will offer the prize to the next person with the most streams.
15. When will winners be announced ?
The selected winners will be announced on 24th August 2018 by 5 pm (the “Announcement Date”) local time, via social media, press release and on Digicel’s websites.
16. When must I accept the prize?
When the winner receives the telephone from a Digicel employee, he or she will be given the relevant Digicel contact information to confirm their acceptance of the prize. The winner must, within twenty four (24) hours of being announced as the selected winner of the prize, provide to Digicel proof of his or her Travel Documents and his or her companion’s Travel Documents, according to the rules and regulations of their country, to visit the United States of America and necessary flight stops. If the winner fails to do so and/or the Travel Documents provided are not to Digicel’s satisfaction, Digicel will offer the prize to the next person with the most streams.
In the event that a winner and his or her companion are denied entry into the United States of America for whatever reason, Digicel will not be liable.
Additional Terms and Conditions
· Winners will be required to participate in any planned publicity in connection with this competition. By entering the Competition, the prize winner and companion consents to the use of his or her name, likeness, image, photograph for any and all programming and/or publicity or advertising purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media and formats used by Digicel’s or its agencies, without further compensation, throughout the entire world in perpetuity. If a winner refuses to do so, they forfeit their right to claim the prize.
· Winners and their companions will be asked to sign a release form. Both the winner and companion will need to sign a copy and an electronic version to along with travel documents to Digicel within 24 hours after confirmation as winner for travel. Both the winner and companion will need to provide a signed hard-copy of the release form to the Digicel representative traveling with them in Miami.
· Digicel will not be responsible for additional luggage costs or other costs associated with the winner’s and his or her companion’s trip except those costs stated at item 6 above.
- Winners and companions are responsible to arrive at the Airport, as advised by Digicel, on time and according to the airline regulations to take the flight or ground transportation on time. If a winner and his or her companion miss the flight or ground transportation due to their own fault, the winner and his or her companion will be responsible for any additional costs incurred for alternate flight and/or ground transportation arrangements.
- Digicel reserves the right to at any time vary the terms of the Competition, to amend its Terms and Conditions, or to withdraw the Competition. In any of these events notice will be given via media advertisements or messages to subscribers and will be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
- Digicel reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, safety or proper play of the Competition. In such event, Digicel hereby specifically reserve the right (but not the obligation) to award some other prize by means of a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up until the time of the impairment.
- In the extreme case that something happens during the trip Digicel, Sony Music Group, its affiliates, assigns and / or licensees of it will not be liable in case of any accident, illness or any similar situation that endangers the winner’s and his or her companion’s health or physical integrity, so participants understand, accept and release Digicel, Sony Music Group, its affiliates, assigns and / or licensees in this regard without limitation.
- Customers should be solely responsible for keeping their mobile handset properly secured and for all activations and other activities that occur on or through their mobile handsets. Any request made via the use of any USSD code from a mobile handset shall be deemed a legitimate request from the customer to whom the said mobile handset is registered. Digicel shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of a customer’s handset.