Digicel Unlimited Plan – Terms and Conditions
The following are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of these plans:
1. What is the Digicel Unlimited plan?
The Digicel Unlimited Plan is available for both prepaid and postpaid customers. This plan has the following features:
Unlimited Local Minutes + Unlimited Local SMS
Unlimited Data (Fair Usage applies)
|Postpaid||30 days||$4,900||Unlimited Local Minutes + Unlimited Local SMS||Unlimited Data (Fair Usage applies)|
2. If I make a non-local call, how will I be charged?
- For both prepaid and postpaid customers, you will be charged as per your existing rate plan to make a non-local call.
3. What are Unlimited Local Minutes?
- Unlimited local minutes are minutes used for calls to local Digicel mobile, local Digicel landlines, local non-Digicel mobiles, and local non-Digicel landlines.
4. Do the Unlimited Local Minutes apply to USA, UK, or Canada landlines or mobile?
- No. Unlimited Local Minutes only apply to local calls to local Digicel mobile, local Digicel landlines, local non-Digicel mobile, and local non-Digicel landlines.
5. What happens when I reach my Fair Usage limit for data?
- Once fair usage for data limit has been applied your service will throttle at 2G speeds.
6. How can I activate the Unlimited Plan?
- Prepaid customers may activate the plan via the MyDigicel app or by dialing *147#.
- Postpaid customers are required to visit the nearest Digicel store.
7. Will I be able to renew my plan early?
- Prepaid customers may renew their plan early via the MyDigicel app or by dialing *147#.
- Early renewal is not applicable to Postpaid customers.
8. Will my Digicel Unlimited Plan auto-renew?
- For prepaid customers, your plan will auto-renew on the day it expires, provided ample credit is on your account to pay for the plan before its expiration.
- You will receive an auto-renewal SMS 48 hours and 24 hours respectively before your plan expires.
- Auto-renewal is not applicable to postpaid customers.
9. Can I use the Unlimited Plan while roaming?
- No. You will only be able to use this plan when you are in Jamaica. You can purchase one of Digicel’s roaming plans when roaming.
10. Does this plan include D’Music and Playgo?
- No. This plan does not include D’Music and Playgo.
11. How many devices can I tether at once?
- You may only tether five devices to your device at once when using this Plan.
13. Will I have access to my unlimited voice, SMS, and data when my plan expires?
· For prepaid customers, no, upon the expiration of the plan, you will lose the features of the plan.
· This not applicable to postpaid customers. Also, postpaid customers who transition from the Unlimited Plan to a Freedom Plan will lose all the benefits of the Unlimited Plan.
14. Additional Terms and Conditions
- This plan is offered for the personal use of individual subscribers and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Please review our Fair Usage Policies to see the circumstances in which we may withdraw or reduce usage of the Plan or any service offered under the Plan [https://www.digicelgroup.com/jm/en/legal/fair-usage-policy.html].
- Digicel reserves the right to terminate the plans forthwith if, in its sole opinion, the plans are being abused.
- Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) these plans being offered to its customer at its discretion.
- Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of its prepaid plans. In the event of Digicel giving notice to customers of any such changes to or cancellation of the terms and conditions of the plans, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to the customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notification.
- Customers should be solely responsible for keeping their mobile handset secured and for all activations and other activities that occur on or through their mobile handsets. Any request made via the use of the USSD code or the My Digicel App from a mobile handset shall be deemed a legitimate request from the customer to whom the said mobile handset is registered. Digicel shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of a customer’s handset.