11. What is Night-time data?
Only customers who purchase the 10GB MiFi plan will receive a 10GB night-time bonus data allocation. This 10GB data allocation is only available for use from 11:00PM to 6:00AM each day during the 28 days while your 10 GB MiFi Prepaid plan is active. Outside of these hours, your regular data will be used. Your bonus data allocation for the 28 days will be depleted at nights when used during the course of the plan and is not replenished daily and does not rollover at the end of your plan and expires at 6:00AM on the following day your plan has expired.
12. If my Prepaid MiFi 10GB data allotment (‘regular data’) is 100% depleted, can I still use my night-time bonus data?
Yes, once you have a night-time bonus balance left on your account, you will be able to use your night-time data between the applicable hours of 11:00PM and 6:00AM.
13. If my night-time bonus data is 100% depleted, can I use my regular data allocation at night?
Yes, once you have a data balance left on your MiFi account, you will be able to use this data to browse at any time of the day or night.
14. Does my data rollover with my Prepaid MiFi plan?
Yes. All unused regular data will rollover to your new MiFi plan once it is; auto-renewed, renewed before expiry (early renewal) or renewed within 24 hours after expiry.
15. How many times can I rollover my available data?
Customers can rollover their available data as many times as they have data to rollover and as long as their plan is renewed before it expires or within 24 hour afters expiry.
16. How can I check the data balance of my plan?
There are three ways to check your remaining MiFi data:
- Insert the MiFi sim into your phone and dial the relevant USSD code in your phone to view the MiFi service menu.
- Web browser – enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 into your web browser and navigate through the MiFi user portal to use the USSD tab and dial the relevant USSD code to view the MiFi service menu.
- Visit the My Digicel App. Please ensure that you switch from your prepaid mobile account to your MiFi account on the My Digicel App to see your MiFi data balance on your mobile phone.
17. Can I make or receive calls with my MiFi device or with the MiFi Plan?
No. Although a mobile number is associated with your account, the number cannot be used to make or receive calls and Digicel will not be liable in the event that the customer plans or attempts to use the device or plan for the purpose of making or receiving telephone calls.
18. Am I able to use the data while roaming?
No, if you activate a Prepaid MiFi Plan and you travel outside of your country (roaming) you will not be able to use any data from your plan.
19. Can I cancel my Prepaid MiFi Plan after signing up?
No, you cannot cancel a Prepaid MiFi plan once it has been activated. However, you can choose to not renew your MiFi plan once it has expired.
20. What will happen when my MiFi Plan data allotment is fully depleted?
To improve your experience, overage charges are blocked once your data allotment is exhausted. You will, however, be able to purchase a new MiFi plan to continue using data. Please ensure that you switch to your MiFi account when trying to access available MiFi plans via the MyDigicel App.
21. When my MiFi Plan expires can I still use my MiFi device?
If a customer’s Mifi Plan expires and the customer choose not to repurchase a MiFi plan, they will no longer be able to access data therefore service connectivity will not be available. However, customers do have the option to resume usage of their MiFi service and can do so by simply activating a new MiFi plan.
22. What happens if my device stops working?
If the MiFi device stops working due to the fault of the customer whether by damage, lack of care or misuse etc., the customer will have to purchase a replacement device to continue using the service. Where the device goes faulty or stops working due to a manufacturing defect during the first 12 months Digicel will replace it free of charge.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- MiFi Prepaid Plans are offered for the personal use of individuals and not for commercial use.
- Data allotments are only applicable while in Jamaica. Once roaming, customers will not be able to use any data from their MiFi plans.
- Digicel reserves the right to terminate the MiFi Prepaid Plans offer if, in its sole opinion, the plans are being abused, such abuse to include but not be limited to, unreasonable levels of usage, reselling or attempts to resell the Data, whether on a commercial basis or otherwise, general abuse deemed as an attempt to undermine the integrity of Digicel’s network or services.
- Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) the MiFi Prepaid Plans being offered to its customer at our discretion.
- Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of its MiFi Prepaid plans. In the event of Digicel giving notice to Customers of any such changes to or cancellation of the Service, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
- In addition to the Terms and Conditions herein, customers remain bound by any other terms and conditions of use for any of Digicel’s other services including the terms and condition for Digicel’s Prepaid mobile telephone service.