TERMS AND CONDITIONS DIGICEL PREPAID 3.95 PLAN
1. The Digicel Prepaid 3.95 Plan formerly called the 2.95 Plan (‘the Plan’) is a per second plan which is available to Digicel Prepaid Customers who opted into the Plan by dialling *156# prior to 13 April 2017 (‘Customers’). Hybrid subscribers are not eligible for this Plan.
2. Customers may continue on the Plan until such date as otherwise determined by Digicel in its sole discretion.
3. Customers are not charged for opting out of the 3.95 Plan and there is no recurring subscription fee. Once the Customer opts out of the Sweet Plan they cannot opt back in.
4. Effective 4 May 2017 customers on the Plan will benefit from a per second billing rate of 3.95 per minute on the following local calls at any time of the day:
a. on-net fixed and mobile calls (Digicel to Digicel);
b. off-net mobile calls (Digicel to Lime mobile);
c. off-net fixed-line calls (Digicel to Lime and Flow fixed line) ; and
d. Such other applicable rates as are published on Digicel’s website from time to time.
e. Value offerings as described in these terms and conditions.
5. All other calls will be billed to Customers at Digicel’s prevailing rates as time to time in force and are excluded from the Plan.
6. Quoted rates are per minute but billed per second.
7. Once a Customer ‘opts in’ to the Plan they shall remain subscribed until either the Customer choses to ‘opt out’ in accordance with these terms and conditions or if Digicel has in its sole discretion withdrawn the Plan.
8. Customers who elect to opt out of the Plan may do so by dialling *156#. The Customer shall receive a text message notification indicating the date and time on which the “opt out” selection shall take effect. Customers who “opt out” of the Plan will be automatically re-provisioned to the 5.49 Plan and at that time the terms and conditions of the 5.49 Plan shall apply.
9. Calls made by customers to any other numbers (i.e. toll free, special service, premium rated numbers, international destinations etc.) not specified in these terms and conditions, will continue to be charged at Digicel’s prevailing standard rates applicable to those calls.
10. Customers subscribed to the Plan shall be charged at a rate of $3.95 for international calls to USA, Canada and UK fixed lines and at Digicel’s standard rate of $17.75 per minute (billed per second) for International calls made outside of any International Calling plan to which they may be subscribed. Calls to other international destinations will be billed as the prevailing rate for the destination called.
11. Prepaid, Special Corporate and WIMAX Customers are excluded and not eligible for participation in the Plan.
12. Calls that are a part of any other discounted call offer are excluded from the Plan. The Plan does not apply when Customers are Roaming and is only valid when Customers are making calls in Jamaica. Customers who are roaming shall be charged the applicable roaming rates.
13. The 3.95 rate only applies to voice calls and does not apply to text messages except as may be specifically provided otherwise.
14. Customers who subscribe to the Plan are unable to benefit from Gimme 5 offers such as: Gimme 5 Digi to Digi voice offers, Gimme 5 International voice offers, Gimme 5 text offers, the First of the Month Loyalty Bonus, Best Friend for Free, the Prepaid Free Nights offer and Free Data during the Free Nights Promotion.
15. Customers who are subscribed to the Plan may sign up for Digicel products and services such as: International Calling Plan, VIP Plan, Data/Blackberry Plans, Roam Like Home Plan, Roaming Data Plan and Roaming Voice Plan. Customers may also subscribe to any other available products and services for which they are eligible.
16. Customers shall not earn loyalty points while subscribed to the Plan.
17. Customers subscribed to the Plan are eligible to receive Diaspora (Retail and Online) Top Up and Double/Triple Bubble promotional offers from the Diaspora unless otherwise stated in any promotion specific terms and conditions.
18. Customers shall be able to utilize the DigiLoan and Credit U services while on the Plan.
19. Customers shall pay all applicable taxes (including Telephone Call Tax (TCT) and GCT on TCT) per minute or part thereof for calls made from their MAIN account. Customers shall not be charged TCT on calls made from bonus call credit where applicable unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions of the bonus offer.
20. The total credit a Customer is allowed to have on his or her main account balance shall be limited to a maximum as determined by Digicel.
21. Digicel reserves the right to at any time; with or without notice vary the terms and conditions of the Plan, to amend its Terms and Conditions, or to withdraw the Plan. In the event of Digicel giving notice to Customers of any such changes to, withdrawal or cancellation of the Plan, it shall suffice for Digicel to give Customers notice via messages to Customer handsets or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
22. The general Terms and Conditions governing the relationship between Digicel and Digicel FLEX Customers and all other terms and conditions in relation to any offer herein remain applicable in addition to any other terms and conditions of use of any of Digicel’s other services including such as Digicel’s data services.