TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PREPAID CUSTOMERS APPLICABLE TO THE DIGICEL 3.89 SWEET PLAN
1. Digicel 3.89 Sweet Plan formerly called the 2.89 Sweet Plan (‘Sweet Plan’) is a per minute plan which is available to Digicel Prepaid Customers who opted into the 2.89 Sweet Plan by dialling *156# prior to 13 April 2017(‘Customers’). Hybrid subscribers are not eligible for this Plan.
2. Customers may continue on the Sweet Plan until such date as otherwise determined by Digicel in its sole discretion
3. Customers are not charged for opting out of the Sweet Plan and there is no recurring subscription fee. Once the Customer opts out of the Sweet Plan they cannot opt back in.
4. Effective 4 May 2017 the Sweet Plan entitles Customers to avail of the following rates at any time of day:
a. A 3.89 per minute rate, billed as whole minutes, when making on-net (Digicel to Digicel) calls, irrespective of the time of day;
b. A 6.99 per minute rate, charged in per minute increments, when making off-net (Digicel to Lime mobile and landlines) calls, irrespective of the time of day
c. Such other applicable rates as are published on Digicel’s website from time to time.
d. Value Offers - certain value based offerings as described in these terms and conditions.
5. All other calls will be billed to Customers at Digicel’s prevailing rates as time to time in force and are excluded from the Sweet Plan.
6. Quoted rates are per minute but billed per minute for local calls within Jamaica. Quoted rates are per minute but billed per second for International calls.
7. Effective 22 June 2017 the Plan will only be available to customers whose Digicel phone charges are in excess of JMD50 in each month. Customers spending less than JMD50 in any month will be charged a Maintenance fee of JMD15 and will be moved permanently to the 5.49 Plan.
8. Once a Customer ‘opts in’ to the Sweet Plan they shall remain subscribed until either the Customer choses to ‘opt out’ in accordance with these terms and conditions or if Digicel has in its sole discretion withdrawn the Sweet Plan
9. Customers who elect to opt out of the Plan may do so by dialling *156#. The Customer shall receive a text message notification indicating the date and time on which the “opt out” selection shall take effect. Customers who “opt out” of the Sweet Plan will be automatically re-provisioned to the 5.49 Plan and at that time the terms and conditions of the 5.49 Plan shall apply.
10. Customers subscribed to the Plan shall be charged at a rate of $17.75 per minute (billed per second) for International calls made outside of any International Calling plan to which they may be subscribed. Calls to other international destinations will be billed as the prevailing rate for the destination called.
11. Calls made by Customers to any other numbers (i.e. toll free, special service, premium rated numbers, international destinations etc…) not specified in these terms and conditions, will continue to be charged at Digicel’s prevailing standard rates applicable to those calls.
12. As of July 1, 2017, customers who are subscribed to the Plan shall benefit from the following Gimme 5 value offers:
a. Gimme 5 Local calls (Talk for 5 Minutes - Digicel to Digicel Call and Get 5 Digicel to Digicel Minutes Free)
b. Gimme 5 International calls (Talk for 5 International Minutes and Get 15 International Minutes Free),
c. Gimme 5 Local Texts (Send 5 Digicel to Digicel Texts and Get the Next 100 Digicel to Digicel Text Free),
13. As of July 1, 2017, customers subscribed to the Plan will not benefit from the first of the Month Loyalty Bonus (i.e. On the first top up for the month of $100 or more, and will no longer receive an additional $100 bonus credit to their main balance as a default offer OR $125 bonus credit valid for 14 days only for on-net Digi to Digi calls and texts (sms messages).
14. Customers who are subscribed to the Plan may sign up for Digicel products and services such as: International Calling Plan, VIP Plan, Data/Blackberry Plan, Roam Like Home Plan, Roaming Data Plan and Roaming Voice Plan. Customers may also subscribe to any other available products and services for which they are eligible.
15. Customers shall earn loyalty points while subscribed to the Plan.
16. Customers shall be able to utilize the DigiLoan and Credit U services while subscribed to the Plan.
17. Special Corporate and WiMAX customers are excluded and not eligible for participation in the Sweet Plan.
18. Calls that are a part of any other discounted call offer are excluded from the Sweet Plan.
19. The Sweet Plan does not apply when the Customer is roaming and is only valid when the Customer is making calls in Jamaica. Customers who are roaming shall be charged the applicable roaming rates.
20. Customers subscribed to the Plan are eligible to receive Diaspora (Retail and Online) Top Up and Double/Triple Bubble offers from the Diaspora unless otherwise stated in any promotion specific terms and conditions.
21. Customers shall pay the applicable taxes (including Telephone Call Tax (TCT) and GCT on TCT) per minute or part thereof for calls made from their main account. Customers shall not be charged TCT on calls made from bonus call credit where applicable unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions of the bonus offer.
22. The total credit a Customer is allowed to have on his or her main account balance shall be limited to a maximum as determined by Digicel.
23. The Sweet Plan rate only applies to voice calls and does not apply to text messages except as may be specifically provided otherwise.
24. Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without notice, to vary the terms and conditions of the Sweet Plan, to amend its terms and conditions, or to withdraw the Sweet Plan. In the event of Digicel giving notice to Customers of any such changes to, withdrawal or cancellation of the Sweet Plan, it shall suffice for Digicel to give Customers notice via messages to Customer handsets or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
25. The general Terms and Conditions governing the relationship between Digicel and Digicel FLEX Customers and all other terms and conditions in relation to any offer herein, shall remain applicable in addition to any other terms and conditions of use of any of Digicel’s other services including such as Digicel’s data services.