The staff of Digicel, Newcom, its advertising & PR agencies, Dealers, Distributors and sub-distributors and their immediate families (spouse, brother, sister, father, mother, daughter, son) are not eligible to enter.
1. What is the Digicel’s “Road to Russia Trivia” Text Competition?
- The Digicel’s “Road to Russia Trivia” Text Competition gives all Digicel customers a chance to win great prizes by registering and participating in the competition.
2. Who is eligible to enter this promotion?
- All Digicel customers, including postpaid, prepaid and dual customers are qualified to participate in the promotion.
3. What is the promotional period?
- The promotion begins at 12am on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 to Thursday, November 30, 2018 on 11:59pm.
4. How do I enter the promotion?
- You may enter by texting the word SPORTS to 4442487.
- Upon texting one of the keyword the customer will receive a URL link in order to register for the promotion.
- Once a customer clicks on the link received in the message or open the webpage link in a web browser. The terms and conditions (attached) will be displayed on this screen outlining that eligible customers must be 16 years and older to participate. If the subscriber chooses to continue, he/she will be able to register for the service thus accepting the terms and conditions of the promotion.
- Once the terms are accepted, the customer can select to pay daily/weekly/monthly fee of $9/$49/$149 for subscription. The customer will receive a sms notification of the charge levied from 444-2487. They will instantly get 100 points for subscribing to the service.
5. How does the Promotion Work?
- All Digicel Customers are able to register for a chance to win a daily, weekly, monthly and Grand Prize in the “Road to Russia Trivia” Competition.
- The objective of the promotion is to accumulate enough points answering the trivia question to win the prizes.
- Each correct answer will give 5 points to the user.
- All Trivia questions are related to football.
- Digicel chooses correct responses from the list of football Questions in the Appendix below. Eg. There have been two designs of the World Cup trophy. True or False. Answer - TRUE
- If the customer answers correctly, that is “TRUE”, NewCom’s database records this as a correct and a text message is returned advising the customer that the answer is correct with another question. The customer will be able to continue playing the game, until the full game is completed. There will be fifty (50) questions to complete the game.
- If the customer replies with an incorrect answer, for example “False” in the example above, the entry is considered incorrect and he will receive a message accordingly (e.g. “Sorry incorrect answer, try again”). He can choose to retry the last question received until he answers the question correctly and continues the game.
- Where a Customer has already begun the game and continues to play at another time, for example on another day during the Competition Period, the Customer will continue playing where they left off. Digicel may change the fifty (50) questions during the Competition Period as they see fit after notifying Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Commission.
- Each text will cost $3. Customer must have sufficient call credit in order to receive a response from the game.