1. What is the Digicel’s Rising Star Competition?
· This competition will feature a bevy of talented singers and dancers vying on TV for the title of 2019 Digicel Rising Star.
2. When is the competition shown?
· Digicel’s Rising star competition is aired weekly on Sundays at 8pm on TVJ.
· Repeat airings are shown on Wednesdays at 5:30pm on TVJ
3. How long will the competition last?
· Digicel’s Rising Stars will run from Sunday, June 30, 2019 – Sunday September 22, 2019
4. How do Customers vote for contestants?
· Viewers will choose the top contestants for each week by calling or sending a text from a phone on any network or voting via myDigicel App (MDA) .
· Calls and texts will be $25 and $20 respectively while votes via MDA will be $15.
· Each contestant is assigned a number ranging from 4445501- 4445512
· The voting lines will open on the Sunday at 8pm and close on the following Sunday at 5pm of the following week.
5. Can Customers vote more than once for a contestant?
· Customers may vote as many times as they wish for a contestant.
6. What prizes can voters win?
If you vote between one and 5 times weekly then you qualify for:
Level 1 - 3 winners per week
1 – 5 votes per week between 8pm each Sunday and 5pm the following Sunday entitles voters to be in with a chance of winning Level 1 voter prize packages.
* NOKIA N2 valued at $11,658.18
* $1000 Call Credit
Level 2 - 3 winners per week
6 – 10 votes per week between 8pm each Sunday and 5pm the following Sunday entitles voters to be in with a chance of winning Level 2 voter prize packages.
* NOKIA N5 valued at $23,485.33
* $5000 CASH
* $1000 Call Credit
Level 3 - 1 winner per week
11+ votes per week between 8pm each Sunday and 5pm the following Sunday entitles voters to be in with a chance of winning the Level 3 voter prize package.
* Nokia N6 valued at $28,554.10
* $15000 CASH
* $1000 Call Credit
MyDigicel App (MDA): 1 bi-weekly winner
* In addition to the Levels, we will be offering additional prizes every other week to persons who vote using the MyDigicel App. 1 bi-weekly winner will be randomly selected from votes received by during this two week period via myDigicel app.
* Samsung A7 (A750G) valued $45,548.02
7. How are winners chosen?
· Winners are chosen from the pool of voters at random
· 1 – 5 votes per week between 8pm each Sunday and 5pm the following Saturday entitles voters to be in with a chance of winning 1 of the 3 voter prizes Level 1 voter prize packages.
· 6 – 10 votes per week between 8pm each Saturday and 5pm the following Saturday entitles voters to be in with a chance of winning 1 of the 3 voter prizes Level 2 voter prize packages
· 11+ votes per week between 9pm each Saturday and 5pm the following Saturday entitles 1 (one) voter to be in with a chance of winning the Level 3 voter prize package
· In addition to the Levels, we will be offering additional prizes every other week to persons who vote using the MyDigicel App. 1 bi-weekly winner will be randomly selected from votes received by during this two week period via myDigicel app.
- How often am I allowed to enter?
- You are allowed to enter as often as you wish.
- How will I know if I have won?
- If your entry was selected you will be contacted via a phone call by a representative from Digicel.
- Potential winners must be able to correctly state Digicel’s tagline “Jamaica’s Faster Data Network” in order to qualify for the prizes.
- What if I was called, but I missed the call?
- In order to win the prize you are required to speak with the Digicel representative.
- If the call is unanswered then the attempt has failed. A failed attempt includes calls that are unanswered, calls that go to the voicemail or if the phone is turned off.
- Three (3) attempts, within a fifteen minute period, will be made to contact each customer that is chosen.
- If all three (3) attempts fail, we would select another number from the backup list of winners previously drawn.
- If I was contacted and won where do I collect the prize?
- You will be required to collect your prize at the Digicel office located in Kingston on Mondays – Fridays between 9am and 4:30pm.
- The address is:
14 Ocean Boulevard
- If I was contacted and have won, how long do I have to collect my prize?
- You are required to collect all levels prize within thirty days of being contacted.
- All unclaimed prizes will remain the property of Digicel.
- What do I need in order to claim the prize?
- You are required to take with you the following items
i. A government issued photo ID (passport, driver’s license or national voter’s card)
ii. The phone with the SIM card for the winning number that was used to enter.
- Am I allowed to enter if I am under 18 years of age?
- Yes. Persons under 18 years are allowed to enter.
- What do I do if I have won and I am under 18 years old?
- If you are a winner and are under 18 years old you will be required to be escorted by a parent or guardian with a valid photo ID when visiting the office to collect your prize package. Child will be required to present a valid ID (passport) or a birth certificate.
- Is this game authorized by Betting Gaming and Lottery Commission?
Yes, this game is “Authorized under Section 58(3) of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act”.