Start Date: Thursday, January 2nd, 2020
End Date: Friday, January 31st, 2020
These “New Year’s Resolution, Text Competition” (the “Promotion”) Frequently asked Questions (“FAQ”) and Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to you and govern your participation in the Promotion for chances to win certain prizes in the text to win competition. You should read these FAQs and Terms carefully before participating in the Promotion.
“We” or “us” means Newcom, a company registered at 14 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston. References to “we”, “our” and “us” in these Terms also includes our subsidiaries and affiliates (“Affiliates”) from time to time.
“I” or “You” means the person accessing or using the App to participate in the Promotion (and “my” and “your” shall have the same meaning).
If you do not agree to or accept any of these Terms, you should stop participating in the Promotion immediately.
1. What is the “New Year’s Resolution, Text Competition”?
The “Digicel’s “New Year’s Resolution, Text Competition” gives all Digicel customers a chance to win great prizes by registering and participating in the competition.
2. What is the promotional period for the Promotion?
The promotion is valid from Thursday, January 2, 2020 12:00AM through to Friday, January 31, 2020.
3. Who is eligible to enter the Promotion (the “Eligible Customers”)?
In order to be eligible for the Promotion, you must be a Digicel customer with an active Digicel prepaid and/or postpaid account
The following customers are excluded from participating in the Promotion:
a. Postpaid Corporate & Business account customers;
b. Digicel and Newcom employees, dealer principals or employees of any of our affiliated companies, advertising and public relations agencies, dealers, distributors and their immediate family members are not eligible for entry. For these purposes immediate family members are spouses, parents, siblings and children.
4. Which Digicel prepaid/postpaid bundles/plans are included in the Promotion?
For this competition, customers will be unable to purchase tokens from their data/voice or text bundles.
5. How does a customer participate in the Promotion?
· You may enter by texting the word PLAY to 4442424.
· Upon texting the word PLAY you will be registered in the Digicel’s “New Year’s Resolution Game” Text Competition. There is a $15 charge to register for the competition. You will then receive a text message advising of the type of token, the amount of points assigned and your rank in the competition.
· Once the keyword ‘PLAY is sent, customers will receive a welcome message advising them that they will receive one of the nine (9) tokens each day with the value of the token.
Welcome to Digicel’s New Year’s Resolution game. You ate healthier and got 150 points. Your total is 150 points and you’re ranked #1. Text NEW to 876-444-2425 for more chances to WIN! $15/txt
- Customers can request additional tokens to increase their chance to accumulate the highest number of points in the game by texting NEW to 876-444-2425.
- Customers will be charged $15 for each additional token sent to them (the customer is charged when the token is received)
6. Will customers be notified when to participate in Promotion?
Upon the commencement of the promotion, customers may receive the following:
· SMS push; and
· Digicel’s Balance Enquiry message
(Prepaid customer dials *120# and receives a message on his phone with his balance as well as promotional message, example: Text NEW to 876-444-2425 for a chance to WIN $500,000! $15/text)
7. How many times can a customer win?
The maximum number of wins per Customer is one (1) for the promotion period. The breakdown of the winners and prizes are set out below:
8. What tokens are sent at each request and what amount of points are assigned to each?
Tokens and their corresponding points are shown in the table below:
bought a house
bought a new car
drank more water
gained a useful skill
got a better job
got out of debt
started a savings account
Randomly selected tokens are sent to each participant’s phone. You will receive a token along with points and your current rank per request. By texting “NEW” to 876-444-2425 you will be able to collect more tokens to increase your points and rank in the competition. Note: Each text received from 444-2425 will be at the cost of $15.
10. Can I increase my points and rank in the competition?
· Yes. By texting “NEW” to 876-444-2425 you will be able to get more tokens to increase your points and rank in the competition. Each text to 876-444-2425will be at the cost of $15. Upon texting “NEW” to 876-876-444-2425 you will receive a message similar to the following:
“You just ate healthier & you got 150 points. Your total is 150 points and you're ranked #1. Text NEW to 4442425 for a chance to WIN! 15/txt!”
· The competition will have the element of double, triple, 5Up, 10Up days, 20Up, 30Up, 50Up, 100Up, 200Up, 300Up & 500Up days. On the Double day, participating subscribers will receive double the amount of points for the tokens received hence giving an increased chance to WIN. On the triple day, Digicel will give 3 times the amount of points for every token received on that day etc.
11. What is a ‘Bonus’ day?
· Digicel selects a random day in which each tokens assigned points are doubled/tripled etc. for that day. Customers will receive a text similar to the one below:
‘‘Today ONLY Digicel will give double the points for every token! Simply text NEW to 4442425 to increase your chances to WIN your share of $800,000. Costs $15 per text’
12. How are the prizes distributed?
• There will be three (3) winners of the draw for the Text to Win Competition who will get the grand prize packages. See draw table below.
• Three grand prize packages will be awarded on Monday, February 3, 2020 to the top 3 customers with the highest scores for the duration of the competition (January 2, 2020 to January 31, 2020). See draw table below.
• Potential winners must be able to correctly state the name of the current promotion “Digicel’s “New Year’s Resolution” Text Competition” in order to qualify for the prizes.
• A maximum of three (3) calls will be made to the selected winner within the period of an hour. If no response is received during that hour, another winner will be selected from the backup list of 19 potential winners in order of rank, with the highest points accumulated and the process repeated until winner has been contacted.
• If the customer selected with the highest score does not complete the tagline correctly, the customer with the next highest score or tied score will be selected and called until a winner is chosen from the backup list.
• In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Customer remains bound by any other terms and conditions of use of any of Digicel’s other services including the general Terms and Conditions governing Digicel’s Data Services and Digicel Telephone Services.
• In the event the account of a Customer who is eligible to win any of the major prizes is the subject of a billing dispute in relation to the Competition as a result of fraud, erroneous charging, other technical problem that corrupts the administration, Digicel with the approval of Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Commission reserve the right to withhold the prize, terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition until the disputed amount (and related charges) have been investigated.
13. Is there a cut off time for Grand Prize entries to be received?
· Yes. All entries must be received by 11:59:59pm on Friday, January 31, 2020.
14. When will the Grand Prize winners be selected?
· Three Grand Prizes will be awarded on February 3, 2020 to the top three (3) ranked players for the promotional period.
15. If I was contacted and won where do I collect the prize?
• You will be required to collect your prize at the Digicel office located in Kingston.
• The address is:
14 Ocean Boulevard
16. If I was contacted and have won, how long do I have to collect my prize?
· Customers have a maximum of fourteen (14) business days to claim prizes after they have been notified a winner. Digicel will retain any prize not collected within the stipulated period.
17. What do I need in order to claim the prize?
· You are required to take with you the following items
o A valid government issued photo ID (passport, driver’s license or national voter’s ID).
o Minors (under 18) winning must be accompanied by parents/guardians in order to claim prizes. Minors (under 18) winning must be accompanied by parents/guardians in order to claim prizes. Parents/guardians should present a valid national government ID as well as they should present the child’s ID. In the case, the child does not have a valid national government ID then a birth certificate or student ID will be acceptable.
o All winners must present the winning sim card from which the game was played as well as a valid national government ID, in order to claim their prizes.
o In the event that a disabled customer is selected, that customer will be allowed to have a representative collect the prize on his/her behalf, provided that there is written consent. This written consent should be notarized by JP or Minister of Religion. In addition, a valid government identification of both the winner and the representative collecting the award must be presented to claim the prize.
18. Is this game authorized by Betting Gaming and Lottery Commission?
Yes, this game is “Authorized under Section 58(3) of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act.”
Additional Terms and Conditions
A. This Promotion is offered for your personal use and not for commercial use and you agree not to sell any rewards redeemed through this Promotion.
B. Digicel gives no warranty or guarantee that its network or services shall be continuous, or will be free from faults. Digicel will, however, use its best endeavours to ensure its network and services are reasonably fault free, and that service is reasonably uninterrupted.
C. We reserve the right to disqualify you or terminate this offer if, approved by Betting Gaming & Lotteries the Promotion is being abused, such abuse to include but not be limited to selling or attempts to sell the prizes, whether on a commercial basis or otherwise, general abuse deemed as an attempt to undermine the integrity of our services.
D. You are solely responsible for all associated fees and costs incurred by you for redemption of Other Prizes and for connectivity and data usage in relation to your use of the App. Be reminded that once roaming, you will not be able to use any data from your local prepaid or select postpaid plans.
E. The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Digicel being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
F. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily), this Promotion being offered to you at the upon approval of the Betting Gaming and Lottries Commission (BGLC)
G. If a prize is unavailable, we may, substitute the prize with an alternative prize to the equal value and/or specification upon the approval of the BGLC.
H. Prizes (if other than cash prizes) are not exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash.
I. We reserve the right to, at any time, with or without notice, vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this Promotion. In the event of us giving notice to you of any such changes to or cancellation of the Promotion, it shall suffice for us to give you notice via messages to your handset/device or to post such notification on the Digicel website or the App. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications upon the approval of the BGLC
K. Winners may be required to take part in related publicity, including (without limitation) publication of the name and image of a promotion winner along with their winning entry via Digicel’s website, social media and other press and media channels. No additional payment will be given for this. Refusal to participate will result in forfeiture of the prize.