Digicel understands the importance of staying connected with loved ones overseas so whenever your family and friends from Canada, USA, UK & other Digicel markets (excluding Jamaica) purchase a Data & Talk bundle online valued at USD $7.00 or higher, you have the option to make unlimited calls to one International Magic Number for FREE.
2. Who is eligible for Diaspora Magic Number Offer?
Prepaid customers who receive a plan activation from family and friends overseas using Digicel Website https://online-top-up.digicelgroup.com/en-JM/. Plan purchase must be done from Canada, USA, UK or any other Digicel market (excluding Jamaica) for prepaid customers in Jamaica to receive the Diaspora Magic Number Offer.
3. How will I know when my Diaspora Magic Number Offer is Activated and Available for Use?
You will receive two text messages in the format set out below:
- Plan activation message: “Your X Day Data & Talk bundle is active & includes X MB data + Y Mins Digicel Talk + Rollover Data & Talk. Balance at a.mydigicel.net or *147#
- Magic Number Offer message: “Your X-Day Data+Talk Bundle comes with unlimited calls to 1 International Number for FREE. Set up now by dialing *147#. Option 5.”
4. How do I activate Diaspora Magic Number Offer?
You are required to dial *147# and select Option 5 – Bonuses then select Option 3 – Magic Number to nominate a Magic Number. Once successfully activated, a text message in the format set out below will be sent:
“Your bundle with FREE calls to your Int´l Magic Number is active and expires in XXdays. Keep getting great benefits when a Bundle is purchased online!”
It is important to note that you must nominate your Magic Number within 24 hours of receiving the plan from family or friends overseas. If you do not activate your Magic Number during this time, your offer will expire.
5. Who can I nominate as my Magic Number?
You are able to nominate ANY 11 digit International number (1 + country code + 7 digit phone number) from the eligible countries shown below:
- UK – Landline only (12 digit number beginning with 44, exclude 011)
- Digicel Markets (excluding , Jamaica & Haiti)
6. Can I activate my Magic Number at any time?
You must nominate your Magic Number within 24 hours to enjoy calls to 1 eligible international number for the duration of your bundle. If you do not nominate your Magic Number during this period, this promotional offer will expire.
7. If my family and friends locally purchase a plan via Digicel Website, do I receive the offer?
Unfortunately, no. The Diaspora Magic Number Offer is applicable to customers who receive a data + voice plan via Digicel Website in the eligible countries.
8. Can I nominate a local number as my Magic Number?
Unfortunately, no. You are only able to nominate an International number from Canada, USA, UK (landline only) & Digicel Markets (excluding Jamaica & Haiti).
9. How long is my Diaspora Magic Number Offer valid for?
Your Diaspora Magic Number Offer is valid for the duration of your Data & Talk bundle. Once your bundle expires, the offer will be removed.
10. Will my Diaspora Magic Number Offer rollover?
No. Your Diaspora Magic Number Offer will not rollover with your Data & Talk bundle however, unused data & minutes from your bundle will rollover once renewed within the grace period.
11. Will I be reminded about my Diaspora Magic Number Offer expiry?
Yes. You’ll receive expiry alerts 48 and 24 hours before expiration as well as a final alert at 4pm on the day of expiration. The 48 and 24 hour alerts will be a text message sent to you in the format set out below:
48 hour alert - Your 28-day Data&Talk bundle will renew in 48hrs with 1hr Free PlayGo Pass daily. Your Magic Number will not renew. Get more credit with Digi-Loan, dial *147#
24 hour alert - Your 28-day Data&Talk bundle will renew in 24hrs with 1hr Free PlayGo Pass daily. Your Magic Number will not renew. Get more credit with Digi-Loan, dial *147#
The final alert which will be sent at 4pm on the day of expiration will be a text message sent to you in the format set out below:
4pm alert - Your subscription expires at midnight. Renew it now and keep your unused Data & Talk. Dial *147# or p.mydigicel.net
12. If I am on a call while using my Diaspora Magic Number Offer, and my Data & Talk bundle expires, what happens to my call?
No worries, if you're on a call you can keep talking. Your call will not disconnect. However, you will be charged for the remaining portion of the call at standard rates of $6.50 per minute (tax exclusive).
Additional Terms and Conditions
- This Product is offered for the personal use of individuals and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Any usage at all by an individual that in Digicel’s sole discretion is intended for financial gain or profit by you or by groups of individuals will result in the immediate termination of this promotion.
- Digicel reserves the right to terminate your use of this Product forthwith without notice if in its sole opinion the promotion is being abused by you.
- Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) this Product being offered to its customer at its discretion.
- Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without the notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of its Product. In the event of Digicel giving notice to customers of any such changes to or cancellation of the Product, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notification.
- Customers should be solely responsible for keeping their mobile handset properly secured and for all activations and other activities that occur on or through their mobile handsets. Any request made via the use of a USSD code from a mobile handset shall be deemed a legitimate request from the customer to whom the said mobile handset is registered. Digicel shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of a customer’s handset.
- Subject to the above, the standard Prepaid, Postpaid and 4G terms and conditions shall apply.