TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE ‘DIGICEL’S “SHAKE TO WIN” TEXT COMPETITION’
1. The ‘DIGICEL’S “SHAKE TO WIN” TEXT COMPETITION’ (“the Competition”) is available to all Digicel customers (“the Customer”)
2. The Competition will run for approximately five (5) weeks starting from 12am November 22, 2019 to 11:59 pm on December 31, 2019 (“the Competition Period”).
3. The Competition is authorized under Section 58(3) of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act.
4. Prepaid customers must top-up with $300 or more OR Postpaid customers must talk for 10 minutes or more cumulatively within a 24 hour period. To enter the Competition the Customer can also text “SHAKE” to 8764442450 at a cost of $15.
5. Upon texting the word “SHAKE” you will be registered in Digicel’s “Shake to Win” Text Competition
6. The objective of the game is to collect the most tokens & gain the most points to earn highest rank in order to win the major prizes.
7. Participants can send “SHAKE” TO 444-2450 at a cost $15 to accumulate top rank and to increase their chance of winning. Once “SHAKE” is sent and charges are applied, customers will receive a SMS with a token and the associated points.
8. The tokens and the points that will be sent to the Customer are chosen at random.
9. The Customer can play the game as many times as they wish.
10. The competition will have the element of double, triple, 5UP, 10Up days, 20Up, 30Up, 50Up, 100Up, 200Up, 300Up & 500Up days. On the Double day, participating subscribers will receive double the amount of points for the tokens received hence giving an increased chance to WIN. On the triple day, Digicel will give 3 times the amount of points for every token received on that day etc.
11. Winners for the daily prizes, will be the customer with the highest points value for each qualifying day as per prize table. One (1) daily winner ($20K) will be selected each day in the month of December (December 1 – 31, 2019) only.
12. One prize ($150K) will be awarded for the month of November to the player with highest number of points, for the period November 22-30, 2019. See draw table below for the respective periods.
13. The Grand prizes as per prize table below; namely 1st, 2nd and 3rd, will be drawn on January 2, 2020.
The prizes are as follows:
14. Potential winners must be able to correctly state the name of the current promotion “Digicel’s “Shake to Win” Text Competition” in order to qualify for the prizes.
15. Digicel will contact the winner by telephone on the day the winner is selected.
16. There will be thirty-five (35) winners of the draw for the Competition who will get the daily, monthly and grand prize cash packages. See draw table above.
17. Three grand prize packages will be awarded on Thursday, January 2, 2020 to the top 3 customers with the highest scores for the duration of the competition (November 22, 2019 to December 31, 2019). See draw table above.
18. A maximum of three (3) calls will be made to the selected winner within the period of an hour. If no response is received during that hour, another winner will be selected from the backup list of 19 potential winners in order of rank, with the highest points accumulated and the process repeated until winner has been contacted.
19. Potential winners must be able to correctly state the name of the current promotion “Digicel’s “Shake to Win” Text Competition” in order to qualify for the prizes.
20. Customers have a maximum of fourteen (14) days to claim prizes after they have been notified a winner. Digicel will retain any prize not collected within the stipulated period.
21. Prizes are to be collected from Digicel, 14 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston.
22. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Customer remains bound by any other terms and conditions of use of any of Digicel’s other services including the general Terms and Conditions governing Digicel’s Data Services and Digicel Telephone Services.
23. In the event the account of a Customer who is eligible to win any of the major prizes is the subject of a billing dispute in relation to the Competition as a result of fraud, erroneous charging, other technical problem that corrupts the administration, Digicel with the approval of Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Commission reserve the right to withhold the prize, terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition until the disputed amount (and related charges) have been investigated.
24. Winners must bring a valid government ID that is passport, voter’s id or driver’s licence and the sim card from which the game was played in order to redeem the Prize Package.
25. Digicel gives no warranty or guarantee that its network or services shall be continuous, or will be free from faults. Digicel will, however, use its best endeavours to ensure its network and services are reasonably fault free, and that service is reasonably uninterrupted.
26. Minors are eligible for this Competition but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when coming to redeem their prize. Parents should present a valid national government ID as well as the child. In the case the child does not have a valid national government ID then a birth certificate or student ID will be acceptable.
27. Digicel and Newcom employees, dealer principals or employees of any of our affiliated companies, advertising and public relations agencies, dealers, distributors and their immediate family members are not eligible for entry. For these purposes immediate family members are spouses, parents, siblings and children.
28. Winners will be required to participate in any planned publicity in connection with this competition. By entering the Competition, the prize winner consents to the use of his name, likeness, image, photograph for any and all programming and/or publicity or advertising purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media and formats used by us or our agencies, without further compensation, throughout the entire world in perpetuity. If a winner refuses to do so, they forfeit their right to claim the prize.
29. In the event that a disabled customer is selected, that customer will be allowed to have a representative collect the prize on his/her behalf. Providing that there is written consent. This written consent should be notarized by JP or Minister of Religion. In addition, a valid government identification of both the winner and the representative collecting the award must be presented to claim the prize.
30. Digicel, with consultation and prior approval from the BGLC, reserves the right to at any time vary the terms of the Competition, to amend its Terms and Conditions, or to withdraw the Competition. In any of these events notice will be given via media advertisements or messages to subscribers and will be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
31. Digicel, with consultation and prior approval from the BGLC, reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, safety or proper play of the Competition. In such event, Digicel hereby specifically reserve the right (but not the obligation) to award some other prize hereunder (as determined by Digicel, with consultation and prior approval from the BGLC) by means of a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up until the time of the impairment.