As of July 29, we will be saying goodbye to the D’Music, PlayGo and Billo apps as part of how we make changes to our lineup of digital lifestyle apps based on our customers’ preferences.
How these changes affect you
• D’Music users can now turn to Spotify or Apple Music to enjoy their catalogue and have a pick from over 35 or 50 million songs, respectively.
• Customers can also transfer their playlists to Spotify, or download our GoLoud app and enjoy the best mixes of their favourite songs by the Caribbean’s leading DJs!
• Your usual Prime Bundle data allowances for D’Music will be allotted for Spotify or Apple Music usage as of July 29.
• PlayGo users can download the HBO Max app to enjoy thousands of blockbuster movies and TV favourites, plus exclusive original series.
• YouTube is also yours to enjoy with a wide variety of content that suits every preference.
• Your respective Prime Bundle data allowances for PlayGo will be allotted for HBO Max usage as of July 29.
· Billo users can begin to move their files, photos and videos to another secure online storage platform or download the content to their smartphones or other preferred device up to July 29.
• To ensure that Billo users have a seamless file transfer experience, Digicel will provide them with XXGB of network data for them to make the switch by July 29.
What else is changing
• June 29 will be the last day for you to activate a Prime Bundle with data for D’Music, PlayGo and Billo.
• Customers who activate a Prime Bundle after June 29 will not be able to access the D’Music, PlayGo or Billo apps.
• By that time, customers can download the Spotify, Apple Music, HBO Max and YouTube apps and use their dedicated Prime Bundle data to enjoy these apps.
We are committed to providing you the best apps and digital services at a great value, and we will continue to offer a variety of features that fit your lifestyle and budget.