Terms & Conditions
What is LTE Home?
Digicel’s LTE Home service is an improved wireless network powered by Time Division Duplex technology that will deliver fast and reliable internet speeds to more homes and marine vessels island-wide.
Who can access the LTE Home service?
Digicel’s LTE Home service is available to all homes and marine vessels located within the coverage and capacity area.
How do I verify my eligibility for the LTE Home service?
To verify if your address is located within the coverage and capacity area customers may:
1. Visit select Digicel dealer store with a valid government issued ID, TRN and utility bill.
2. Dial 145 or (876)619-3444 from any Digicel mobile phone to speak with a Customer Service agent.
3. Speak with a Digicel agent in your community.
Once confirmed, your information will be sent to the sales team for a site visit within approximately 72 hours to conduct a service feasibility test.
How do I become a LTE Home customer?
Upon successfully completing our service feasibility checks, you will be required to provide the below documents to a Digicel representative in order to complete the sign-up process:
• Passport, National ID or Driver’s Licence.
• Tax Registration Number (TRN), if Driver’s licence is not used.
• Completed activation form.
• Installation fee payment.
What plans are available?
We currently offer a single postpaid plan for our LTE Home service:
Up to 10Mbps
Up to 2Mbps
*Fair usage applies
How many devices can be connected to my LTE Home service at the same time?
For optimal speed, it is recommended that customers connect up to 4 devices simultaneously to their modem. Should you choose to connect more than 4 devices simultaneously to your modem, you might experience slower download and upload speeds.
What speed will I experience with LTE Home?
You will benefit from download speed up to 10mbps and upload speed up to 2mbps however, this may vary depending on the number of devices connected simultaneously to your modem.
Where can I pay my LTE Home bill?
You may pay your Digicel LTE Home bill at any of our payment agencies island-wide:
· Select Digicel Stores (deposit and bill payment)
· MyDigicel App (deposit and bill payment)
· PayMaster (deposit and bill payment)
· Prime Trust (deposit and bill payment)
· Jamaica National (bill payment only)
· Bill Express (bill payment only)
· Sagicor Online Banking (bill payment only)
· Scotia Online (bill payment only)
· NCB Online (bill payment only)
Please make payments using your LTE Home account number to ensure your payment is applied to the correct Digicel account.
How do I re-locate my modem?
After successfully installing the LTE Home service, customers are encouraged to not tamper with the modem, however, customers may contact Digicel customer care at 145 or (876)619-3444 to schedule a site visit to have their modem re-located at a cost. Digicel will not be held responsible for any service disruption or modem damage as a result of the re-location done by the customer.
Can I remove the SIM card in my modem?
After successfully installing the LTE Home service, customers are encouraged not to remove the SIM card from their modem. Digicel will not be held responsible for any service disruption or modem/SIM damage as a result of re-location done by the customer.
Is there a contractual period for LTE Home customers?
LTE Home customers will have a contractual period of 24 months. If you terminate your service before the contractual period, you will forfeit your deposit.
When is my LTE Home bill due?
All LTE Home bills are due on the 27th of the month. You are given two days grace period for bill payment to reflect on your account. Payments received after the 29th of the month will attract a late payment fee of $250 plus tax which will appear on your next invoice.
What is the Fair Usage policy?
We have designed a Fair Usage Policy (“the Policy”) to ensure that all of our customers get the best network experience. Sometimes, a very small number of customers use lots of bandwidth to send and receive large files and do long periods of streaming which affects the experience for other users. Our Fair Usage Policy is an acceptable way for us to manage the use of our network in order to allow everyone fair consumption of the service.
What happens if I meet the Fair Usage limit?
Under the Policy we have defined fair usage levels for usage of our LTE Home service. These limits are set well above normal usage. In this way, most customers will not be affected by the Fair Usage Policy. On reaching the fair usage limit for the day, you might notice that your online experience might be slower than normal for the remainder of the day until it resets the following day.
Can I suspend my LTE Home service?
You may suspend your LTE Home service for a maximum of 6 months at a charge of $900 plus tax per month.
How do I terminate my LTE Home service?
• You will be required to clear all outstanding invoices, including any outstanding installation fee and write a letter stating the reason for termination.
• You are required to email the termination letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or take it to your nearest Digicel dealer store.
• If you terminate your service before the end of the 2 year contract, you will forfeit your deposit.
• If you terminate your service after the 2 year contractual period, you may choose to use your deposit to offset any outstanding balance or transfer the deposit as a credit to a Digicel mobile account.
Additional Terms and Conditions
• Digicel’s LTE Home service is offered for the personal use of individuals and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Any usage by an individual that in Digicel’s sole discretion is intended for financial gain or profit or by groups of individuals will result in the immediate termination of this service.
• Digicel reserves the right to terminate your use of the LTE Home service forthwith without notice if in its sole opinion the service is being abused by you.
• Digicel will not be responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in network connections or hardware or software; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part; or (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of Home LTE service.
• Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) the LTE Home service being offered to its customer at its discretion.
• Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without the notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of the LTE Home service. In the event of Digicel giving notice to customers of any such changes to or cancellation of the LTE Home service it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset, email or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notification.
• Except where there is a conflict the general Terms and Conditions governing the relationship between Digicel and Digicel Postpaid Customers and all other terms and conditions in relation to the service herein remain applicable in addition to any other terms and conditions of use of any of Digicel’s other services including such as Digicel’s data services. Where a conflict exists these terms and conditions shall prevail.