Rules and Conditions:
1. The Digicel “JumpStart youth basketball programme” (hereafter referred to as “JumpStart” or the “Programme”), is available to teenagers between the ages of twelve (12) and (16) as of January 1, 2018 in Eligible Digicel Markets with selected entrants being given the opportunity to be coached and trained by the National Basketball Association (hereafter “NBA”).
2. The entry timeline will run from 12:01 a.m. February 16, 2018 and end at 11:59 p.m. March 4, 2018 (hereafter referred to as “Registration Period”).
3. Eligible participants must reside in one of the following Eligible Digicel Markets – Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Haiti, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands and Montserrat.
4. The Registration Period is as follows:
12:01 a.m. February 16, 2018 - 11:59 p.m. March 4, 2018
5. Interested teenagers and/or their parents will be required to fill in the “Entrant Form” posted on our website digicelgroup.com/jumpstart.html which will be available for launch on Friday February 15, 2018.
Digicel’s use of Entrant’s personal data and contact information:
6. Digicel acknowledges and respects entrant’s privacy. Entrants and/or their parents acknowledge that the information and data which is provided within the Entrant Form will be used by Digicel and will be shared with the Local Basketball Federations in the Eligible Digicel Markets as entrants selected for JumpStart will be contacted by their Local Basketball Federation. Having been contacted the selected entrant may be required to have a local try out at the Local Basketball Federations designated place.
7. For the avoidance of doubt filling in the Entrant Form is no guarantee that an entrant will be selected for a try out and Digicel shall not be liable for any entrant not being selected or any entrant being selected and not chosen after a local try out.
8. Each local Basketball Federation will select 72 entrants from their respective Digicel Market to be coached by the NBA, save and except Antigua & Barbuda, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis and Anguilla where only 72 entrants combined will be chosen from those markets with 60 entrants allocated to Antigua and Barbuda and 4 for each of the remaining markets. Digicel assumes no responsibility in relation to local Basketball Federations selection of the entrants for participation in a try out or subsequent participation in JumpStart.
9. The local Basketball Federation in the selected entrants market will attempt to contact selected entrants two (2) consecutive times only and if the entrant’s number is busy/no answer/off, goes to voicemail or if the entrant indicates that they no longer desire to participate in try outs for JumpStart, another entrant will be contacted.
10. Digicel in no way guarantees that entrants not selected for try outs will be contacted, albeit all reasonable attempts will be made by the local Basketball Federations to try and contact those unsuccessful entrants to inform them that they were not successful. Entrants acknowledge that Digicel shall in no event be liable for any selected entrant’s failure to be contacted by the relevant local Basketball Federation.
11. Entrants acknowledge that the Programme is a recreational endeavour involving physical activity and participation may involve an assumption of risk, which may result in personal injury, death or property damage. Entrants who are selected for a try-out undertake that they are aware of all of the risks involved, including those risks associated with any health condition they may have and entrants further agree and undertake any such risk voluntarily and at their own risk.
12. Digicel employees, dealer principals or employees of any of our affiliated companies, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, dealers, distributors or anyone else connected with this programme and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible for entry. For these purposes immediate family members are spouses, parents, siblings and children.
13. Entrants cannot transfer or assign their selection for a try-out or participation in JumpStart with another person. Any attempt to transfer entry to another person without the knowledge of the relevant local Basketball Federation may result in the cancellation of the entrant’s participation in a try out and an entrant may not be permitted to participate in subsequent JumpStart programmes.
14. Entrants and/or their parents acknowledge and agree that they will, disclose any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either the entrant or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage during a try-out or participation in JumpStart having been successful in a try out.
15. Selected entrants will be required to participate in any planned publicity in connection with JumpStart. By entering JumpStart the selected entrant consents to the use of his or her name, likeness, image, photograph for any and all programming and/or publicity promotion or advertising purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media and formats used by us or our agencies, without further compensation, throughout the entire world in perpetuity. If an entrant refuses to do so, they forfeit their right to participate in JumpStart.
16. In the event the entrant chooses not to accept the offer or refuses to participate in any promotional activity, they will forfeit their right to participate in JumpStart and another entrant will be selected for a try out and/or participation in JumpStart.
17. For any personal data collected by and through the websites administered by Digicel, the Digicel Online Privacy Statement will apply. Digicel may offer additional services, which could include the collection of your personal data (including a name, contact information, travel plans, etc.) pursuant to these terms and conditions and solely for the purposes explained at time of collection. This personal data will not be used for any purposes other than for which they were collected (including, for example marketing purposes). Entrants acknowledge that Digicel may transfer the personal data collected to countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Further, that personal data may also need to be shared with third parties providing the services you have requested in order to fulfil these service(s).
18. Digicel, reserves the right to at any time to vary the terms of this Programme, to amend its Terms and Conditions, or to withdraw the Programme. In any of these events, notice will be given via media advertisements or messages to entrants and will be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
19. Digicel, reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify JumpStart if any fraud, other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, safety or proper play of the programme.