What is Facebook Flex?
Facebook Flex allows you to use Facebook in a limited capacity for free.
How do I access Facebook Flex?
For basic/feature phone:
- Make sure mobile data setting is turned on. This can be found in your phone's settings.
- Click your internet browser icon (it might say Opera or Chrome, or look like a globe).
- At the top in the address box, type in www.freebasics.com. It may take a few moments to load.
Read and accept the Terms of Service. Now you can use free Facebook on freebasics.com
Option 1: See “Basic/feature phone” instructions above to visit www.freebasics.com.
Option 2: Download the Free Basics app:
- Make sure mobile data setting is turned on. This can be found in your phone’s settings or that you are connected to WiFi. Free Basics is free after you download the app.
- Visit the Google Play store and search for “Free Basics”.
- Install the app. Once the app is downloaded, it will be on your phone so you won't need to download it again.
- To use the app, make sure mobile data is still turned on. Facebook Flex is free and won't deduct from your main account balance.
- From the home screen, open the app, read and accept the Terms of Service.
For Facebook Users:
- If you already have the Facebook app, you can access Facebook Flex in the “more” menu in the upper right corner of the webpage.
What features can I access with Facebook Flex?
• You can comment, share, like or tag someone in a Facebook status.
• You can view Facebook feed.
• You can message via Facebook messenger.
• You can send photos via Facebook messenger.
What features can’t I access with Facebook Flex?
• You cannot view, comment, share, like or tag someone in a Facebook photo.
• You cannot view, comment, share, like or tag someone in a Facebook video.
Is Facebook Flex a website or an app?
• It's both a website and an app. The Facebook Flex app and www.freebasics.com allow you to browse a set of useful services without data charge