6. Can I reset my password?
Yes, on the Log in page please use the link "Help! I have forgotten my password" to reset your password.
CREDIT CARD AND PAYMENT DETAILS
1. What cards are accepted on the website?
You can use any of the following cards:
- VISA Credit cards
- VISA Debit cards
- VISA Electron cards
- MasterCard Credit cards
- MasterCard Debit cards
- NCB Key Cards -This is available in Jamaica for customers who pay in JMD
- American Express – AMEX
- Paypal - This is accepted for some currencies only
2. Do I have to enter my credit card information each time I use the Digicel Top Up site?
It is not necessary to enter your card details each time you use the site. If you wish to save your cards details, please tick on the 'save card' box as you complete your payment details. This is safe and secure.
3. How do I remove my stored credit card?
You can remove a stored card by first selecting it from the 'Choose your card' menu under the Order Summary and then clicking on the 'Remove this card' option that appears
Please note, that once a stored card is deleted, it cannot be restored. This is a security limitation with our processor, whose systems store the cards.
4. What currency can payment be made in?
Payment can be made online using local currencies, USD, GBP & Canadian dollars. You may edit the billing currency when you are on the “Pay and Checkout” page by selecting an option from the drop down menu on the Order Details panel to the bottom right of page.
5. What is the exchange rate when purchasing minutes?
Exchange rates fluctuate daily and are automatically updated to reflect these changes. The website will state the total amount the recipient will receive before you submit the transaction.
6. Is tax added to the purchases?
Sales or Value Added Taxes are applied to purchases according to the Digicel country that receives the top up.
The value top up received is minus the tax amount.
7. Is there a charge for using the Digicel Online Top Up site?
There are no transaction fees charged for transacting with Digicel Online, however please check with your respective banks as some may charge a banking fee.
8. Do I receive some form of receipt for my transaction?
Once the transaction is successful you will receive the following forms of confirmation:
A summary is presented on screen at the end of the transaction.
An confirmation email with a receipt for your transaction is sent to your email account
You can view a record of the transaction in the history tab in your online top up account
The recipient will receive a text message confirming the top up received to their mobile phone
BONUS MINUTES AND REWARDS
1. If promotion bonuses are being awarded for other top up promotions will this be offered also for Digicel Online Top Ups?
Digicel Online Top Ups are usually treated as a regular top up, so most promotional offerings apply. Please see terms and conditions for specific promotions to confirm online top ups qualify.
2. Will loyalty points be earned whenever minutes are added via Digicel Online Top Up? (Applies to Jamaica Only)
Yes. The phone number topped up will receive Digicel Loyalty Points for credit added via Digicel Online Top Up.
If the amount that is placed on the phone is less than $100 the loyalty points will be pro-rated.
3. What is the time allotted to use bonus minutes?
This varies for each country and ranges from 2 to 10 days. Please refer to the “Bonus Offers” link on the Terms and Conditions page for the bonus expiry for your specific country.
4. How do I check my bonus minutes (credit) balance?
This varies for each country and is accessed by dialing a short code. Please refer to the “Bonus Offers” link on the Terms and Conditions page for the short code that applies to your country.
VERIFYING A TRANSACTION AND MOBILE NUMBER
1. Is there a way to verify the amount the topped up number will receive?
The amount of top up the number will receive is displayed when you have selected a top up amount and is also visible in the 'history' tab when logged in to your account. The following SMS will be also sent to the receiver of Top Up:
"You have received $xx.xx with Digicel Online Top Up. Your balance is $xx.xx. Online Top ups of $xx or more get up to xx bonus. *xxx*x# to check bonus"
2. What happens if I enter the wrong recipient number?
The system verifies each number that is entered for a top up and will return a message advising whether or not the Top Up can be completed. If top up is sent to an incorrect number, Digicel will be unable to provide a rebate as minutes are sent instantly and immediately available for use.
3. The recipient number I entered is not working
Please check the number you have entered is a Digicel prepaid number. If you are attempting to top up a Digicel number that is registered as a postpaid phone, you will see the following message "Your order cannot be created. Please try again"