TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following are the terms and conditions governing this plan:
1. What is the Caribbean Roaming (“Plan”)?
· This plan allows Digicel mobile customers the ability to limit their roaming charges when they purchase 3 Days, Caribbean Roaming for Fl 25 or a 7 Days, Caribbean Roaming for Fl 50. The plans gives calls and data browsing whilst roaming in select territories.
2. How do I sign up for the Caribbean Roaming?
· You can simply dial *123# from your Digicel handset from any location within Curacao or any DigiRoam territory listed in item 10 below.
· You can also active this Plan via the My Digicel App.
3. What services are available under this Plan?
· Bundle minutes
· Data bundles
· Reduced data overage rate
· Free incoming calls from anywhere whilst roaming in any of the DigiRoam territories listed in item 6 below except for Guyana and Haiti.
Please note that for Guyana and Haiti, additional fees will apply in relation to incoming calls while roaming in these two territories.
4. Can I make free calls to other DigiRoam territories or to numbers within the DigiRoam territory where I am roaming?
· No. You cannot make free calls to other DigiRoam territories nor to numbers within the DigiRoam territory where you are roaming. The awarded plan minutes can be used to make these calls.
5. Will I still be able to activate the Roam like you home Plan or the Caribbean Roaming?
• The Caribbean Roaming will still be available.
• The Roam like you home Plan is being discontinued and will not be available after 10 December 2021, however, if you have the Roam like you home as part of your postpaid plans, that plan will continue as is.
6. What happens if my bundle minutes are finished but my Caribbean Roaming plan has not expired?
You will be charged the following rates if your plan is still valid but your bundle minutes have finished:
• Call rate of Fl1.00 per minute will be charged for calls to any Curacao number, calls to numbers of the particular Caribbean Destination that is visited and calls to DigiRoam Territories
• Call rates of Fl 2.50 per minute will be charged for calls to any ‘Rest of the World’ Destinations*
* ‘Rest of the World’ Destination is any destination other than Curacao, DigiRoam Territories, Satellite phones and Very Expensive Destinations**.
7. What happens if my data has depleted but my plan has not yet expired?
• As a prepaid you will need to active a new roaming plan
• As a postpaid you will be charged an overage rate of FL 4.00 per MB until the plan expires.
8. How can I check my allotted bundle minutes and data?
• As a prepaid you can dial *123# and use the balance section. You can always use my Digicel app to view this.
• As a postpaid you can always use my Digicel app to view this.
9. How does this Plan differ from the roaming services offered by the other mobile network?
· Digicel also offers free incoming calls from more Caribbean countries than the other mobile network whilst you are roaming in any of the DigiRoam territories.
(See list of DigiRoam territories in item 10 below)
10. In which countries can I use this Plan?
The following are the countries (“DigiRoam territories”) where this Plan can be used:
2) Antigua and Barbuda
7) British Virgin Islands
11) French Guiana
18) St. Kitts
19) St. Lucia
20) St. Vincent and Grenadines
22) Turks and Caicos
23) El Salvador
11. How do I pay for this Plan?
· As a Postpaid customer, the charges will be added to your bill for the billing period during which you active the Plan.
· As a Prepaid customer, it will cost Fl 25 for the 3 days plans and FL 50 for the 7 days plan. which will be charged from your main account.
12. Does the Plan automatically renew?
· No. The plan will not renew automatically. It will automatically terminate at the end of the period.
· You will have to dial *123# or use My Digicel App to sign up for this roaming Plan.
13. Can I have this Plan cancelled after roaming for a shorter period of time?
No. You will not be able to cancel or deactivate the Plan prior to the completion.
14. As a postpaid customer, if I becomes credit limit barred will I still be able to use the services on this Plan?
· No. You will not be able to use any services if you are credit limit barred.
· You will need to contact Digicel’s customer care via our Live Chat or by calling +59996900035 from another handset.
15. As a prepaid customer, can I use bonus credit to activate this Plan?
· No. Bonus credit cannot be used to activate this Plan.
16. Can I text UK, USA and Canada for free whilst roaming and using this Plan?
· No. Whilst using this Plan, once you are roaming in any DigiRoam territory.
17. Once I am on this Plan and I am roaming in a DigiRoam territory, can I receive free incoming calls from anywhere?
· Yes, you can receive free incoming calls from anywhere once you are roaming in any DigiRoam territory except Guyana and Haiti.
18. What services on this Plan can I use whilst roaming in Guyana or Haiti?
· The only part of the Plan that does not apply to either Guyana or Haiti is free incoming calls whilst you are roaming in either country.
19. Can I activate this Plan whilst roaming?
· Yes, as long as you have successfully registered to a Digicel network whilst roaming you will be able to dial *123# from your Digicel handset to activate this plan.
· You can also active this Plan via the My Digicel App.
20. Additional Terms and Conditions
· This Plan is for the personal use of individuals and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Any usage at all by an individual that in Digicel’s sole discretion is intended for financial gain or profit by you or by groups of individuals will result in the immediate termination of the Plan.
· Digicel reserves the right to terminate this Plan if in its sole opinion this Plan being abused.
· Digicel reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) this Plan being offered to its customers at its discretion.
· Digicel reserves the right to at any time, with or without the notice, to vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this Plan. In the event of Digicel giving notice to customers of any such changes to or cancellation of this Plan, it shall suffice for Digicel to give customers notice via messages to customer’s handset/device or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notification.
· Customers should be solely responsible for keeping their mobile handset properly secured and for all activations and other activities that occur on or through their mobile handsets. Any request made via the use of short codes or via the MyDigicel App from a mobile handset shall be deemed a legitimate request from the customer to whom the said mobile handset is registered. Digicel shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of a customer’s handset.
· Subject to the above, Digicel’s standard Prepaid Terms and Conditions or Postpaid Terms and Conditions (whichever is applicable) and Digicel’s Fair Usage Policy shall apply.