1. What is d’Music?
d’Music is a music streaming app with a catalogue of over 20 million songs that allows you to stream, listen, and download music. d’Music is available as mobile App (on Android and iOS devices) or through a Web platform, even on mobile devices and tablets at www.digicelmusic.com
2. How does d’Music work?
· Sign up to a pre or post paid data plan and ask agent to activate a d’Music plan for you. Prepaid customers can alternately activate the plan on their own by dialling *100#.
· Download the d’Music app from Google play store , the apple store or from www.digicelmusic.com
· Then sign in with your Digicel ID and start to stream, download and listen to your favourite music
3. Is d’Music available to all Digicel customers?
Yes. The d’Music service is available to all Digicel customers that has a data plan.
4. What experience will I have with d’Music?
d’Music is available as a Top Chart or Premium experience.
i. Top Chart Experience
· Ability to save 240 songs in 6 playlist per week PLUS access to the complete catalogue of over 20 millions of tracks
· Change every single playlist after 7 days
· Top 5 Music Videos in streaming
· News feed
· Access to Unlimited Playlists
· Ability to create playlists
· Access the service on www.digicelmusic.com; you can use the same account simultaneously on mobile app and on web.
5. What is the charge to subscribe to d’Music?
New and existing postpaid customers can enjoy millions of songs, for free, with a Premier, Select or Standard plan. If you chose a Core or Basic plan you get 50% off d’Music and get access for only $4.99 a month. All other postpaid customers can get it for $9.99 a month.
New and existing Prepaid customers can enjoy 30 days d’Music for free with a Freedom 99 plan. When a customer activates the plan, d’Music will automatically activate and you will receive a SMS notification. Daily d’Music plan is free for daily $3.50 Talk, Text & Web plan and again the activation is automatic and customers will get SMS notification. Freedom 75 and Freedom 50 customers will get 50% off or $4.99 for 30 days d’Music plan. Customers not on any of these plans are free to sign up for a 30 day d’Music plan for $9.99
6. How much free data comes with d’music?
All our d’Music plans on Prepaid and Postpaid plans come with 1GB of data use for d’Music, that's about 32 hours of streaming. This means that you can stream and download music without it taking from your main data allowance.
7. How do I know that I have been activated on the service?
You will be able to see your active d'Music plan on My Digicel App in the plan menu. This will show you what plan you have and when it expires. On the My Balance menu on My Digicel App, you will be able to see your d'Music plan balance.
Prepaid customers will able to activate the plan their own or it will activated automatically depending on what plan you are on. Upon activating the service, you will receive an SMS confirmation message. Postpaid customers will get confirmation from the Retail Agent who served them as they will activated the app for you.
8. How do I know which plan I am on?
The easiest way to view and manage any plans, including d'Music, is through the Plan Menu in My Digicel App. You can download My Digicel App here.
9. If I change my subscription before my existing plan the ends, will I get my money back on my existing plan?
No. If you change your subscription before the end of the period of service, you will lose your subscription of your original plan.
10. If I change my subscription, will I have access to the download I have done?
No, downloads only remains if you do not change your subscription type. So, if you change your 7 days subscription to a 30 days one or vice versa but in the same type (premium or Top Chart), you will keep the downloads. However, if you switch Top Chart to Premium or vice versa, your downloads will not remain stored.
11. Is there an expiry period for the activation of the d’Music service?
d’Music plans will autorenew if you have sufficient credit at the time of renewal.
Your subscription is valid for the duration of days in the music plan that was activated/ renewed. Therefore, as long as you are active on your music bundle/ plan, d’Music will always work.
12. Will I have access to downloaded songs after my plan expires?
No, you won't have access to downloaded songs once your plan expires. Once you renew the plan, you can access to your songs again.
13. How do I renew the d’Music subscription?
d’Music subscription renewal is automatic for both Prepaid and Postpaid customers. Prepaid customers must have sufficient balance at the time of renewal.
14. What happens when I try to access d'Music without a d’Music plan?
Both prepaid and postpaid customers can download the app from either itunes or the Google Play store.
Prepaid customers will able to subscribe to a plan on the app. If you already have a Freedom 99 or Daily $3.50 plan active, you will be able to access the app using your Digicel ID.
Postpaid customers will receive a 'No plan subscription' message. After you have an active d'Music plan, unistall the app and reinstall it in order to access over 20 milion songs.
15. How do I know that my plan will be renewed?
You will be notified of the plan renewal via SMS before your plan expires.
16. How do I know that the subscription has been successfully renewed?
This can be viewed on My Digicel App. In addition to this Prepaid customers will also recieve an SMS confirmation message.
17. What happens if I do not have sufficient credit to renew my subscription at the time of renewal?
The renewal will fail at the time and you will not be able to use your d’Music service. For some Digicel markets, the system will automatically retry after a time specific period and your service resumes. If there is no automatic retry in your country, simply sign up again to regain access to your d’Music service!
18. How can I opt out from the d’Music service?
You can opt-out of a d’Music plan using the My Digicel app.
19. Can I opt out of the d’Music service before the music plan expires?
You can request to opt-out prior to the renewal date of your d’Music service. However, you can enjoy your d’Music plan until the next scheduled renewal date of your plan, following your request to opt-out.
20. Can I continue listen to music without subscribing?
No, once your subscription ends you cannot access d’Music service.
21. Do you need WiFi for d’Music Premium Plan?
No. You can use the d’Music service with data service or over WiFi.
22. What type of music can I stream from d’Music?
d’Music has over 20 million tracks in genres such as: Pop, Hip-Hop, RNB, Rap, Reggae Dancehall, Electronic, Reggaeton, Alternative and much more.
23. Can I use my d’Music account from several devices simultaneously?
Your d’Music account can only be accessed from one device at a time.
24. Can I use d’Music while roaming?
Yes! You can access your d’Music account while abroad but data charge may apply. Be sure to download all your tracks to listen offline so that you won’t have any data charge while you are roaming. You will have access to the content from your home country wherever you go!
25. Can I listen to d’Music offline?
Yes you can listen to d’Music offline once you had downloaded the music from the app. Remember you can download music offline and also over Wi-Fi network.
26. Is there a limit on the number of playlists that I may have?
You are allowed to have a maximum of 6 playlists for Top Chart Plan while you can have unlimited playlists for the Premium Plan.
27. Is there a limit on the number of songs that I may download?
No. You are not restricted as to the number of songs that can be downloaded on either the Top Chart or Premium plan. The real limit is the memory of your phone!
28. What do I do if I have forgotten my Digicel ID password to use the D’Music service?
You can select ‘forget password’ option when attempting to connecting with Digicel ID. You will receive a verification code via text message to reset your password.
29. What should I do if I change my mobile number and no longer keep the number my account is attached to?
d’Music service is tied to your mobile number. If you decide to change your number, you will have to sign up for new service on your new mobile number. Once your old number is recycled, your old d’Music account will be deleted.
30. What should I do to get access to my d’Music account if I lose my phone?
Your d’Music account is not tied to your phone, it is tied to your mobile number. While we encourage you to follow the steps necessary to secure your mobile number, you can access your d’Music account from any other phone. Premium customers can also access via PC.
Frequently asked questions for app use
How to use d’Music – here is the info you need to become an expert:
1. What happens if I get a call or SMS while listening to music?
If you receive a SMS the music will continue playing. In case a call comes in, the music will stop during your conversation and after hanging it the music will start playing again
2. How do I change my profile picture?
You have to enter "My Profile" and click "Change avatar". You can select either to upload a photo from your phone gallery or to use the camera to take a new photo.
3. How do I Logout?
In "My Profile" you’ll find the option Logout.
4. Where I can see the information of my subscription?
Entering "My Profile”, you will see the type of subscription you have, cost and expiration date.
5. How can I find music?
There is an icon of a magnifying glass where you can type a search by song name, artist, album or playlist. With the tags, you will find all the playlists related to the word.
6. What are tags?
Tags are words that relate playlists. If you select a tag, you can find all playlist containing that tag.
7. How can I select the tags?
When you create a playlist, you can choose up to 5 tags to relate it to what you want.
8. How do I make my Tag the first in the “Tag Cloud”?
The tag cloud is automatically updated and the Tag that is use more often in playlists will be the first one and so on.
9. How I can see all the tags?
To see all tags just click on the button that says Tags Cloud, there you can see all the tags available.
10. How do I delete or change the tags from my playlist?
Go to your playlist and choose Edit, then you can change the name of the playlist or the tags.
11. Can I change the tags from a playlist that is not mine?
No, you can only edit playlists created by yourself.
12. How do I add a song to the playlist?
To add songs to the playlist you must click on the icon on the right of each track, and some options for possible actions will be display. Select "Add to playlist" and will add it to your playlist.
13. What happens when I try to access d'music without a d’Music plan?
Both prepaid and postpaid users will able to download the app from their respective apps store.
Prepaid customers will able to subscribe the available plan from the app. If the customer already have Freedom 99 or daily $3.50 plan then d’Music for the number is already active, so they will able to access the music with their Digicel ID.
Postpaid customers will received a 'No plan subscription' message. Once you get a d’Music plan you will have to uninstall the app and reinstall it in order to access it.
14. If new songs are added to the playlist I have selected in Top Chart, will it update even if the week hasn’t ended?
Yes, but not the downloaded songs
15. How do I position my playlist?
Put the most popular tags and win followers.
16. How do I delete songs on the playlist?
The icon in the top right gives you access to your playlist, there you can select whether you want to empty the list.
17. How do I add a song to a playlist?
To add songs to a playlist you must click on the icon to the right of each track, there various options for possible actions will be display. Choose "Add to Playlist," then select the playlist you want to add and go!
18. How many songs can be added to a playlist?
You can add up to 40 songs, but only Premium can create playlists, as you want!
19. How do I view the most recent playlists?
To view the newest playlists you should access to Releases.
20. If I am a Premium user, how do I enter the Top 40?
Find the Top 40 on the second slide of Home there will follow and listen to all the hits.
21. How do I add a song to my favourites?
To add songs to your favourites, you must click on the icon to the right of each track, there are various options for possible actions will be display. Select "Add to Favourites" and voila!
22. How do I download a song to listen it offline?
To download songs you must click on the icon to the right of each track, there are various options for possible actions will be display. Select "download" and will be available whenever you want, without consuming data!
23. How do I delete a song I downloaded?
In downloads, you enter from the menu and there you can choose in the options if you want to delete the song.
24. Can I add the same song several times to a playlist?
No, you can only add once to appear repeatedly and do not miss quota of songs in your playlist.
25. Can I share the music I am listening to?
Yes, you can share songs, playlist, albums through social networks, email and WhatsApp.
26. How do I create a playlist?
You enter the menu and select playlists; there you will find the option to create playlists. Or select one song and select Add to Playlist and that will also give you the option to create a new playlist. This can only be done if you have a Premium subscription.
27. How do I follow a playlist?
You simply click on "Continue" under the title of the selected Playlist
28. How do I change the name of a playlist?
In the playlist options, you will find the Rename button.
29. Other users can follow my playlist?
Yes, all users can follow the playlist created by yourself. The more followers you have the more chances of finding your playlist in the spaces featured as "Popular playlists"
30. Can I modify a playlist that I am following?
No, you cannot change it unless it was created by yourself.
31. How much music can I download?
The amount of music you can download depends on the storage capacity of your device. Downloaded music will be in the application; this cannot be copied to other devices and can only be listen while you have an active subscription.
32. What should I do if I cannot download music or listen?
Check your Internet connection and try to see if you are connected to a network or you have good data.
33. Does it have an additional cost to download music?
No, downloading music for offline listening does not have extra cost.
34. Can I listen indefinitely the music I download?
Yes, during the period of your subscription. At the end of the period, you must renew your subscription to continue to listen to your downloaded songs.
35. If I do not have internet, can I hear downloads?
Yes. The application will ask you in the next 48 hours to connect to a network to check your user and can continue enjoying d’Music.
36. Can I delete songs from a playlist created by me?
Yes. You must select on the options for the song and click on Delete Song.
37. Can I recover a deleted playlist?
No. If you delete a playlist, make sure you want to do it because it cannot be recovered once deleted.
38. If I cancel my subscription and then I subscribe again, will I ever have the same playlists, favourites, etc.?
Yes, all your profile will remain as it was so that when you reactivate your subscription everything remains the same.