1. Why is Digicel removing PlayGo?
Given the challenges in creating and maintaining a successful video streaming application that meets our consumer users’ expectations, we decided to decommission the PlayGo app. We are committed to focusing on our Digital efforts and will be launching new services for our Digicel Prime bundles to customers from July 29, 2022.
2. When will I no longer be able to access the app?
The app will be decommissioned on July 31, 2022. Any user with an existing plan will be able to use the app until July 31, 2022.
3. Will I have to manually delete the app from my phone?
Yes, after July 29, 2022, the app will no longer be accessible. You will receive a message when you attempt to open or use the app after this date to advise you to delete.
4. What happens if I did not get to cancel my auto-renewal before July 29?
If your plan will expire after June 29, you will not be able to renew your plan, however, you will have access to PlayGo until your plan expires.
5. What will happen to my login information and personal data?
6. Will I be able to pay a subscription for other video streaming apps with Digicel credit? No, customers will need to use their credit card to sign up for third-party apps individually.
7. Will Digicel offer any other video streaming apps to watch movies or Live TV?
No, we will not have another Digicel Video Streaming app available for movies and Live TV Channels. However, you can check out our Sportsmax app which offers Live streaming of a variety of sporting events including cricket, football, basketball, tennis and much more.
8. Will other video streaming apps be added to my Prime Bundle to replace PlayGo?
Yes, data for streaming video and movies on Disney+ will now be added to Prime Bundles.
9. Will my data allotment remain the same?
Yes, your data allotment for your selected Prime Bundle will remain the same.
10. How do I gain access to these video streaming apps?
Digicel will only offer data allotment to use these apps, sign up for the apps is based on third-party subscription, which will be the responsibility of the customer.
11. Will my Prime Bundle cost change?
There will be no price change for your Prime Bundle.
12. Will there be standalone data plans for Disney+?
No there will not be any stand-alone plans available for these third-party apps.
13. How much data will I get in my Prime Bundle to video stream Disney+?
14. I am already subscribed to Disney+, how does this affect me?
This will not affect your existing subscription. You will now receive 45GB of dedicated Data to use Disney+.
15, I don’t use Disney+ for streaming video, can I add the app that I use to the bundle?
Unfortunately not at this particular moment.
16. What is Disney+ ?
Disney+ is the streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, Star, and more.