These DIGICEL ROAM EASY BUNDLES Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to you and govern your use of the Digicel Caribbean, US/Can and Digicel Pay as You Go Roaming Services (“Digicel Roaming Services”) available as a part of the Digicel Roam Easy Bundle packages along with the Digicel Pay as You Go Plan. These bundled offerings provide all Digicel customers traveling to and from the Caribbean and internationally on the Eligible prepaid and postpaid plans listed below to do so utilizing allocated data and specialized rates for outgoing and incoming calls. You should read these Terms and the Digicel Pay as You Go Terms and Conditions carefully before registering and subscribing to access these Digicel Roaming Services.
“We” or “us” means Telecommunications (Bermuda and West Indies) Limited trading as Digicel (Bermuda) Limited, a company registered under the laws of Bermuda and the registered office of which is at 46 Cedar Avenue, Hamilton Bermuda.
“You” means the person accessing or benefitting from the use of the Digicel Roam Easy Bundles (and “your” shall have the same meaning).
You will be taken to have accepted these Terms as soon as you commence use of the Digicel Roaming Services.
By accessing or using the Digicel Roam Easy Bundles, whether occasionally, frequently or permanently, or by otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and amendments thereof.
Digicel reserves the right to revise these Terms at its discretion and/or terminate, suspend in while of in part any Digicel Roam Easy Bundles without prior notice.
If you do not agree to or accept these Terms, you should stop using this Digicel Roam Easy Bundles immediately.
1. The Digicel Roam Easy Bundles are comprised of the following:
a. The Digicel Roam Easy US/Can Bundle (Pre-paid);
b. The Digicel Roam Easy Caribbean Bundle (Pre-paid);
c. The Digicel Roam Easy US/Can Bundle (Post-paid);
d. The Digicel Roam Easy Caribbean Bundle (Post-paid)
2. All Bundle offerings include three (3) day, seven (7) day and thirty (30) day subscriptions.
3. Subject to your activation of the Bundles via the MyDigicel App, any Digicel website and/or activation by entering the required code, Digicel will enable roaming Once activated, your subscription commences and the Bundle charges will apply accordingly.
4. To activate the Digicel Roam Easy Bundles, you will need
a. GPRS Service
5. Bundles can be purchased either before you leave Bermuda or once you reach your overseas destination.
6. You may have multiple Bundles at any one time.
7. Bundles cannot be transferred.
8. Once purchased, you must start using your Bundle within the subscription period. Once you have completed activation and received the text notification confirming same, your Bundle shall last for the specified number of days of that particular subscription e.g., 3 days, 7 days or 30 days, and will expire on the last day of the valid subscription at the time of the activation.
9. Any use that does not occur within the subscription period will be lost.
10. To be eligible for these Bundles, you must be a Digicel customer with an active Plan.
The following customers are excluded:
a. Home & Entertainment only customers;
11. Digicel Easy Roam Bundles are to be used for personal and non-commercial purposes only.
12. In flight and maritime data use (subject to connection availability of Roaming partner)
13. Digicel shall not provide any refund for Digicel Easy Roam Bundles regardless of any usage or expiry.
DIGICEL ROAM EASY BUNDLES
What is included?
A. The following Digicel Roaming Services are included in the Digicel Roam Easy Bundles:
a) Roaming Data Allotment; and
b) Free Incoming calls; and
B. The Digicel Roam Easy Bundle charges apply each day you use your device in a “Roaming Destination” (as identified in Table A below). The Bundle roaming charges will be triggered when you do any of the following:
1. Make a call from a Roaming Destination to the Digicel country (including a call to voicemail);
2. Receiving a call in the Roaming Destination; and or
3. Sending a Text/SMS
4. Receiving or Placing calls and/or messages via OTT.
ROAM EASY USA & CANADA DESTINATIONS
United States of America
ROAM EASY CARIBBEAN DESTINATIONS
Trinidad & Tobago
C. If you are NOT IN a Roaming Destination, that is, in a destination other than those set out in Table A above (“Non Digicel Roaming Destination”), the following roaming rates for Calls, Text and Data Usage will apply per Appendix 1.
D. If you are NOT on a Digicel Roam Easy Bundle then you will be subject to the Pay as You Go Terms and Conditions and/or other roaming rates.
1. Allocated Data and Usage
a. The Bundles provide the eligible customer with the data allocated for use of your Prepaid and/or Post-paid Digicel Roaming Services only as follows:
b. The relevant Digicel Roam Easy data allocation will be added to the respective mobile plan automatically once you have activated per Clause B below the applicable bundle.
c. For data usage you will receive a Text alert when you reach 150 MB and 50MB of your data allowance. Once you have reached 100% you will prompted to purchase another plan.
d. You agree to be charged for using out of bundle data roaming at the rates set out and advertised by us either via out website or other channels of communication from time to time.
e. Data is charged on a separate basis, depending on the country that you are using data in. Data usage is charged per 1MB or part thereof. Different locations may have different device requirements and costs are measured on data volume rather than time spent online.
2. Incoming Voice Calls
a. Incoming voice call will be based on the country visiting based on Appendix 1.
b. The Digicel Easy Roaming Bundles voice call rates and Roaming destinations are subject to change without prior notice by the foreign network operators.
c. All voice calls are charged in per minute increments.
d. Calls received from Roaming Destinations are charged at the rate at the time the call is made to you.
e. This is subjected to change by our overseas roaming partners.
f. All applicable telephone or other related taxes will be charged on calls, texts and data calls made while you are out of Bermuda as these may not zero rated for tax purposes. If Digicel is unable to assess whether you are in or out of Bermuda which may be the case with some in-flight roaming, The applicable tax(es) will be charged as required by law.
Additional Terms and Conditions
1. Where an eligible customer Bundle subscription has expired, any and all further use of the Digicel Roaming Services will be charged at the Pay As You Go rates for making calls and sending texts and data usage.
2. Digicel will let you know when you have exhausted you Bundles by text or other notification. You can also always check your balance and usage at any time on the MyDigicel App.
3. Where the eligible customer does not have an existing data subscription/plan you will need to purchase the relevant data plan for the additional use described.
4. You understand and agree that there may be delays in Digicel receiving notice from external carriers for charges to be billed to you. This does not affect Digicel’s right to charge you or receive payment from you.
5. You accept that, if you port your number or if the number used for the subscription is found to no longer be a Digicel number, your subscription will be immediately terminated.
6. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you remain bound by any other terms and conditions of use for any of our other services including but not limited to the terms and conditions for Digicel’s Prepaid and Post-paid mobile telephone and data services, the Terms and Conditions of each Digital Service and the Terms and Conditions of the MyDigicel App.
7. Please note that this subscription is not a “Chargeable Event” as defined in Digicel’s Prepaid terms and conditions. This means that if you are a prepaid Customer and do not make or receive any calls using the Digicel number used for the Content for 120 days or more, you may lose your number.
8. This product is offered for your personal use and not for commercial use.
9. You acknowledge that service outside of Bermuda is provided by external carriers and is subject to those carrier’s terms and conditions.
10. You are solely responsible for all associated fees and costs incurred by you for connectivity and data usage in relation to your use of the Digicel Roaming Services not included in the Digicel Roam Easy Bundle. Be reminded that once roaming, you will not be able to use any data from your local prepaid or select Postpaid Content.
11. Liability: As roaming involves services provided by networks other than Digicel you agree that we will not be responsible for the way in which any external carrier provides or fails to provide any service (including disconnection, lack of coverage or the performance of that carrier’s network).
Digicel’s right to make changes
12. We reserve the right to terminate this offer if, in our sole opinion, the Content are being abused, such abuse to include but not be limited to reselling or attempts to resell the content, whether on a commercial basis or otherwise, general abuse deemed as an attempt to undermine the integrity of our services.
13. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily), this plan being offered to you at our discretion.
14. We reserve the right to, at any time, with or without notice, vary or cancel the terms and conditions of this Service. In the event of us giving notice to you of any such changes to or cancellation of the Service, it shall suffice for us to give you notice via messages to your handset/device or to post such notification on the Digicel website or the Digicel Roaming Services. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
15. You accept that certain content on the Digicel Roaming Services may not be available in your country or in your preferred language due to contractual licensing restrictions. Please note that content available in your current location may become unavailable to you if you travel to another location in which content is restricted.
Data Protection and Governing Law
17. These terms are governed by Bermuda law and you can bring legal proceedings in the Bermuda courts.
18. For customer support, or to report a problem or send us your feedback, please contact us through the customer support chat feature on the MyDigicel Application or visit the “Contact Us” option on the Digicel Roaming Services.