1. How does the Easy Roaming Plan work?
Prepaid and Postpaid customers will be able to purchase a 1 Day, 7 Day or 30 Day Roaming Plan.
With an active Roaming Plan subscription, you are able to access lower voice and text messaging rates as well as an allotment of data, while roaming within the 28 participating countries.
Once your data Plan has been exhausted customers will not be able to continue data roaming. If you are a prepaid customer, you will receive a text message advising you to purchase a new plan or as a postpaid customer you will have the option of purchasing a data add-on or a new data plan. Voice and text messages will still be available at the reduced rate for the duration of the plan.
Once the Roaming Plan has expired, calls, text messages and data will revert to the standard roaming rates.
2. Where can customers use the new Easy Roaming Plans?
The Roaming Plans can be used once roaming in any of below listed countries without distinction of network. Other countries will be added in phases:
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos
3. Can I use the new Easy Roaming Plans with the existing roaming plans?
These Plans are not compatible with Roam Like your Home or any other roaming plan. Customers cannot transit from the new Roaming Plans to RLYH or Roaming Passport.
NOTE: RLYH will be decommissioned at launch.
4. How can I activate the new Easy Roaming Plans?
Customers will be able to buy a Roaming Plan through UMM, My Digicel App and via USSD while in local and other roaming destination. These access points should be accessible free of cost to prepaid and postpaid customers in any country that Digicel has a roaming agreement.
5. Are postpaid customers required to have an additional roaming deposit in order to activate the plan?
No. There is no additional roaming deposit required. Once you confirm activation of the Plan of your choice, it will activate. If roaming was not previously enabled on your account, it will be automatically enabled once a Roaming Plan is active.
6. How do I check my data Plan balance and Easy Roaming Plan expiration?
You will be able to check your data Plan balance using:
- MyDigicel App
- USSD Code
- *130*3# for Postpaid customers
- *120*154# for Prepaid customers
7. Will I be able to keep my Plans when my Easy Roaming Plan expires?
No, when the Roaming Plan expires the following will happen:
- Unused data will be removed from your account.
- You will also receive a text message advising that the Roaming Plan is expired and that standard roaming rates will apply.
- An expiry text message will be sent to your prepaid phone, 2 days and 1 day before the roaming Plan expires. The text message will advise you that the plan will soon expire and that you may opt-in to automatic renewal to save the unused data Plan.
- On your postpaid account, the plan expiry text message will be sent 4 days, 2 days and 1 day before the roaming Plan expires. The text message will advise you that the plan will soon expire and you can opt-in to automatic renewal to save the unused data Plan.
8. How do I renew my Easy Roaming Plan?
You will be able to opt in for automatic renewal by using the Short code (*246#) or MyDigicel app before the plan expires.
- Prepaid - Two (2) notification messages will be received before the Roaming Plan expires (2 days and 1 day before) advising you how to opt-in to automatic renewal.
- Postpaid – Three (3) notification messages will be received before the Roaming Plan expires (4 days, 2 days and 1 day before) advising you how to opt-in to automatic renewal.
Note: If you have an active 1 day Roaming Plan, you will receive one (1) text message notification 12 hours prior to expiration.
9. How do I cancel my Easy Roaming Plan?
The Roaming Plan cannot be cancelled after activation.
- During the activation process you may cancel the activation request.
- Once activated, the plan will only expire at the end of the subscription period i.e. 1 day, 7 days and 30 days, after purchase.
10. What will happen if I exhaust my allotted data Plans before the plan expires?
Overage is automatically blocked. Once the allotted data Plans are exhausted and you attempt to browse, you will receive a text message advising that you should buy a roaming Plan by dialing *246#. Once you dial *246# or access available plans through MyDigicel app, you will be given the following options:
- Transit to another plan duration.
- Repurchase current plan.
- Transit to higher plan duration.
- Purchase Roaming data add-on.
11. What are the Roaming Data Add-Ons that are available?
There will be three Roaming Data Add-Ons available for postpaid customers once you have an active Postpaid Roaming Plan:
- 3GB for BDS $180
- 700MB for BDS $60
- 100MB for BDS $12
The Roaming Data Add-On will be available for activation via the Short code (*246#) and the MyDigicel app.
The Roaming Data Add-On expiry date will be the same as the Roaming Plan that is active at the time of activation.
12. Am I able to move from one Easy Roaming Plan to another?
Yes. Transit is allowed to and from any Roaming Plan as a prepaid or as a postpaid customer.
13. Will my unused Plans roll over to my new plan if I transit to another one or renew my current plan?
Yes. Unused data Plan will roll over to your new plan if you transit to another plan or renew your current plan before it expires. This is capped at 50GB.
14. Will I be prompted to opt in to automatic renewal?
Yes. You will be sent a message prompting you to automatically renew your existing plan or not.
- Prepaid customers will receive the renewal notification 2 days and 1 day before plan expiry.
- Postpaid customers will receive the renewal notification 4 days, 2 days and 1 day before plan expiry.
- Except for the 1 day plan. A notification is triggered 12 hours before plans expire.
15. Will I be charged to access the MyDigicel app while roaming?
Yes, data charges will apply, however, you can use available WiFi to access the app with no charges
16. What is the exchange rate?
The exchange rate is subject to change each month based on the foreign exchange market.
17. Will I be charged to download MyDigicel app while roaming?
Yes, downloading the MyDigicel app from Play or Apple store will incur data charges while roaming.
18. Will I be able to activate the old Roaming Plans?
No. The Roaming Plans will replace the RLYH and will be decommissioned at launch.
19. What will happen if there is an active Roam Like You’re Home Plan or Roaming Passport Plan on my account when the new Easy Roaming Plans launch?
- If you are already on an active Roam Like You’re Home, you will be allowed to continue using your plan allotments for its duration.
- Customers will however not be able to renew the plans once expired.
20. If I should travel from one of the eligible country to another while my plan is still active, will I need to activate another plan in order to continue to benefit?
No. Once the Roaming Plan is active on your account you will not need to re-activate if you are travelling from one eligible country to another.
21. What will happen if I do not have available credit on my main balance?
- If there is insufficient credit on the account while the Roaming Plan is active, you will not be able to make calls or send text messages; however you will be able to continue receiving calls FREE of charge.
- You will be able to continue accessing the data Plan available on your account. Once depleted, if there is no credit available on your account, you will not be able to browse.
- You may purchase credit for your prepaid account using any of Digicel’s top-up methods.
- You may make payments on your postpaid account using online methods.
22. Do I have to activate the Easy Roaming Plan before I travel?
No. Activation can be done before or while roaming.
Note: You are required to connect to a network that allows the use of short codes, otherwise, the plan may be activated via the MyDigicel app.
23. If I activate the Roaming Plan before roaming, will the plan rates apply immediately?
- No. The plan rates are only applicable when roaming and connected to a network.
- Once you are in Jamaica you will be charged at your respective rate plans and benefit from local promotions and products until you start to roam.
24. If I have bonus credit on my account, can this credit be used while roaming?
No. Bonus credit is a local offer and will not be available for use while roaming.
25. If I am a postpaid customer, will I benefit from your local BDS$ rate?
No. The local rate plan is only available while on the home network in Barbados.
26. Will I be able to browse at 3G or 4G speeds with a 3G or 4G capable handset?
You will only browse at 3G or 4G speeds if you are connected to a 3G or 4G network.
27. Will my local data plan still be valid while on this plan?
No, while roaming and on this plan, your local data plan is not valid. You will not be able to browse Overage rate once you exhaust the data Plan that is included in the plan.
28. Will I be able to contact Customer Care while roaming?
- Yes. You can dial 1246 262 7626(ROAM) in order to contact Customer Care while roaming.
- Contacting Customer Care while roaming with an active plan, will be charged same rate as if calling a Digicel number.
- Alternatively, you may also use the web chat feature within the MyDigicel app to contact customer care.
29. How do I get to my Voicemail while roaming?
- Dial 1 246 260 0000 to get to your voicemail.
- Contacting voicemail while roaming will be charged at the same rate as if calling a Digicel number.
30. Is there a Fair Usage for calls made while having a Roaming Plan active?
- Prepaid Roaming Plans are configured with a 300 minutes Fair User Policy (FUP).
- If you exceed 300 minutes for calls back to Jamaica or Digicel Territories while having an active plan you will be charged a rate at Standard Roaming Rate of $1.00 (ROW), $4.00 (VED) or $9.00 (VED –SAT) depending on your location.
- This FUP minute count will restart for the below scenarios:
- When your Roaming Plan auto renews.
- When you transit among the new Roaming Plan.