1. How do I receive e-mails on my Digicel mobile?
When persons are sending you an e-mail from a PC to your mobile, the person must:
- Send the message to your mobile email address: i.e. If your mobile number is 260 5006, the person must send the message to: email@example.com
- Type the subject in the subject area of the e-mail
- Type the message in the message area
- Send the message
- Once an e-mail is sent to you at your Digtextbb address, you will receive a message notification.
- You can then access the e-mail in exactly the same manner that you access a digitext message.
- When you open the e-mail message, you will see the e-mail address of the person that sent you the e-mail at the top of the screen followed by the message.
2. How do I send an e-mail from my Digicel mobile for the first time?
- Go to the menu option to write a message.
- The first line of the message must be the e-mail address of the person you are writing to, followed by the title/subject of the message.
- The actual message can then follow.
- When typing the title/subject of the e-mail, ensure it is enclosed in brackets. E.g. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org(Hello)
- Now type your e-mail. (i.e. outside of the brackets) e.g. mailto:Mailto:email@example.com(Hello) Hi June, how are you?
- Once you have finished typing the message, press Send.
- Send message to 555.
- The message is now forwarded to the Messaging Centre and from there the message will be delivered to the addressee.
- You will know it has reached the Messaging Centre, when you get the confirmation, "Message Sent".
- After you have sent the message, you can now store the e-mail address (after deleting the message you just sent) in your phone book for easy use next time.
Note: When sending e-mail messages, the length can be no more than 160 characters. This includes both the e-mail address and blank spaces.