1. What is Friends and Family (F&F)?
The Digicel Friends and Family plan allows a prepaid user to add up to 4 of his/her friends in their F&F list.
The product is an opt-in/opt-out service which will allow Digicel prepaid customers to call a list of numbers (maximum of 4 numbers) at a discounted rate i.e. 25% off.
Postpaid customers are NOT eligible for the service at this time.
2 How does Friends & Family work?
Once a F&F list is defined, the list initiator can call the list members at a discounted rate.
Each F&F list is valid for 3 months (90 DAYS) after the first (1st) number is added to the list.
The list operates similar to a one-way Closed User Group (CUG) i.e. ONLY the list initiator can call the list members at a discounted rate.
The list members will NOT receive the discounted rate when they call the list initiator.
If the call being made is to a number outside the F&F list, then regular rates will apply.
Each F&F list is valid for 90 days after which the customer must renew to continue enjoying discounted calling.
Each F&F list can contain a maximum of 4 numbers. This will be a combination of: Digicel numbers and 1 landline number.
3. Who can be a member of a F&F list?
Only Digicel prepaid customers can start a Friends and Family list.
The customers account must be in an active state to initiate a F&F list.
Each list can have a maximum of FOUR persons (excluding the list initiator)
4. What are the benefits of creating a Friends and Family list?
Prepaid customers will be able to call their FOUR most frequently dialled numbers at a discounted rate of 25% off.
The list may include a single local landline. Therefore prepaid customers have an opportunity to enjoy discounted calling to a frequently dialed land line number.
5. How do I apply for the service?
- Dial “*147#” to initiate a Friends & Family list.
- Once the response is received a confirmation SMS is sent to the initiator asking them to choose a subsriber.
- “Welcome to Friends & Family. Please read the terms & conditions at www.digicelbarbados.com before signing up. To continue signing up send *147*1246number#.”
- The initiator is required to dial *147*1246number# to add their selected number/s to the list. Activation is begun and the initiator receives a message confirming the acceptance of the first number.
- “Number 1246xxxxxx was accepted, you can add X more numbers. To confirm activation of Friends & Family dial *247*1#. To cancel dial *249*9#”
- Once the activation is complete, an SMS is sent thanking the initiator for joining Friends & Family.
- “Thank you for subscribing to the Friends & Family service”
- The initiator is required to dial *147*1246number# to add the additional number(s) to their list. After each addition, the customer will receive the following SMS:
- “Number ^MSISDN^ was accepted, you can add a total of ^number^ more numbers. To confirm change of Friends and Family dial *147*1#. To cancel dial *147*9#”
- The customer may continue to add additional numbers to their list until they have added a total of three (3) Digi numbers to the list. If the initiator attempts to add a 4th number they will receive:
- “Your Friends and Family list is full for zone Digi2Digi. To add new numbers, delete one or more of the numbers in your current list.”
- When the initiator has entered his/her final number using the dial *147*1246number# they should receive the following SMS:
- “Your new numbers were successfully activated.”
6. How do I renew my Friends & Family list after the plan expires?
At the end of the plan (i.e. 90 days) you will receive a text message stating the following:
“Your Friends & Family service has expired. To reactivate your service please text *147*X#.”
At this time you will be able to activate a new plan using the steps outlined for activation (see question number 5).
7. Once a Friends & Family list has been defined can I delete members from the list?
No. Friends & Family list members cannot be deleted.
The 4 initial MSISDNs that are added to your F&F list are set for 3 months. They can be changed once the 3 month period has expired.
8. Once a Friends and Family list has been defined can I add new members to the list?
Yes. You may add members to your Classic F&F classic list once there are less than three members on it.
To do so dial *147*1246number#. Once the request has been received you will receive the following confirmation SMS:
“Number ^MSISDN^ was accepted, you can add a total of ^number^ more numbers. To confirm change of Friends and Family dial *147*1#. To cancel dial *147*9#”
Note: Customers are only allowed to add 4 numbers to the Classic Friends & Family listing. The customer will not be charged any additional fees to add a number to the list.
9. What is the minimum/maximum number of persons that can be in a Friends and Family list?
At this time Digicel is offering one person to have up to four numbers in their Friends and Family List. 3 Digicel numbers and 1 landline number
Each prepaid customer can have up to four numbers in their list.
10. If the initial Friends and Family list is defined with less than three members can I add additional members at a later date?
Yes. You may add members to your Friends & Family list once there are less than four members on it.
You are allowed to add the first four members to your Friends and Family list at any time in the initial 90 day validity period.
11. What is the monthly subscription for a Friends & Family account?
There will be a charge of BBD 3.20 for the monthly subscription fee for the Friends & Family service.