1. What is DigiChat?
DigiChat is an innovative text based service from Digicel that’s easy to use and great fun.
2. What is the benefit of DigiChat?
DigiChat allows users to chat with up to 30 other users in chatrooms using their Digicel mobile phone (It is based on a series of commands that are sent as an SMS message and sent to 2428).
3. How do I find out how many people are chatting?
- Go to your text messages
- Go to write messages
- Type LIST
- Send to 2428
You will then get a message back listing all the chatrooms and how many people are in each room.
4. Is there a charge to utilise chatrooms?
You only get charged the rate for one SMS message BBD 0.21.
5. Do I pay for messages received?
No, you do not pay for messages that you receive.
6. What kinds of chatrooms are there?
There are different types of chatrooms, including:
7. Is it available for all Digicel customers?
Yes, it is available for both postpaid and prepaid Digicel customers.
8. What is my nickname when I first sign in?
Your nickname is the last four digits of your phone number. It will stay like that until the user changes it.
9. Do I have to change my nickname every time I join a chat room?
No, once you have changed your nickname the system will remember your nickname.
10. Do I need to set up my nickname every time I log in?
No your nickname will be retained until you change it.