1. What is the difference between Credit Me and Credit U?
Credit Me allows Digicel prepaid customers to request credit from another Digicel Prepaid or Postpaid customer. Credit U allows Digicel Prepaid or Postpaid customers to transfer credit to Digicel prepaid customers.
2. Are Credit Me and Credit U separate services?
Yes. Either can be used independently.
3. A Credit Me is sent by prepaid customers wishing to receive funds (i.e. requesting funds).
The recipient of the Credit Me is not obligated to respond by sending a Credit U.
They may use any other available top up method to honor the request – e.g. Top U Up.
4. Can a postpaid customer send a Credit Me?
No. Postpaid customers cannot send a Credit Me.
5. If a Credit Me was not sent can I still receive a Credit U?
Yes. You can receive a Credit U from someone though a Credit Me was not sent.
Remember Credit Me and Credit U are independent services.
6. Why is Digicel introducing this product?
Credit Me will address cases of need when access to other top up methods is limited/unavailable.
7. What amounts can I request using the Credit Me service?
You can request and receive any variable amount greater than or equal to BBD 5.99 and equal to or less than BBD 2.00.
8. Is there a maximum amount of credit that can be requested in each Credit Me request?
Yes. The maximum amount of top up credit a user can request is BBD 150.00
9. Is there a limit to the amount of Credit Me that I am allowed to send?
Yes. You have a maximum of 10 Credit Me requests per day. If you attempt to exceed this amount you would get the following message:
“You have exceeded your maximum request. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you”
10. What is the maximum amount of credit that can be requested via Credit Me each day?
There is no limit to the amount of credit that can be requested in a given day.
11. Can I request or transfer non-whole dollars?
No. These messages do not allow the entry of decimal points. Amounts requested and transferred must be in whole dollars.
12. Are there any criteria that I need to meet in order to send a Credit Me?
Yes. You must be a prepaid customer with a balance less than $XX, or with expired airtime or service dates in order to send a Credit Me request.
13. How do I send a Credit Me?
Simply dial *127*1246Phone Number*amount requested # SEND
Mary’s prepaid number is 12462601234. She wants to request BBD 50.00 from John – John’s number is 12468221234. To request the funds, Mary simply sends the following USSD string to John’s number: *127*12468221234*50#